brussels 11.05.2006 bootleg

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Just had to share ...

Today at a fair I saw the limited edition version! :lol:

Imagine a gold-coloured metal tin (slightly bigger than a plastic jewel case, but thinner) but looks suspiciously like a cigarella tin. The front and back artwork from the basic version is badly glued onto the tin, front and back. When you open up the tin, the disc sits in a foam cut-out. There's a white insert card (half the size of a cigarette packet) that has the MR Leeds/London/Hamburg logo on it. On the back of the card is handwritten the limited edition number. There was also a handwritten sticker on the front tin. This was number 3 out of 33. :roll:

Seller confirmed it's the same eight glitch sh!t recording as previous ...
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
lachert
Overbomber

jesus, wonder if this one alsow skip as previous one... :eek:
if yes you can kill for it and walk free...
long live rock'n'roll
Jerre
Road Kill

Hmmmm...

[The long story] Two to three months ago, I made a copy for a friend (from Leuven as well) of the weed I received. However, because of some strange things happening during the writing process, it contained some errors (of which I'm not really convinced you'd call it 'glitches' though). I wasn't able to re-record it at the time, so I gave him the bad copy with the promise I'd make a better copy later (I gave him a non-erroneous copy the day before yesterday). Although I'm really sure this guy has not made the bootleg that is discussed here (i- he would never do this / ii- he would never be able to), I want to be sure he didn't hand it over to someone with bad intentions...[/The long story]

So, although I'm pretty convinced my copy is not the source that was the cause of this bullsh*t, I still want to be sure... Therefore:
- I want to find out whether the 'glitches' are copyrighted Jerre or not. Can someone put a small excerpt online somewhere from one of these 'glitches' (I'm sure I'll recognise the typical kind of error my laptop produced)?
- I will ask my friend whether he distributed the copy or a copy of it to other people and if yes, to whom.

If both answers are affirmative, I'll undertake approporiate action (which will involve a bunch of glitched copies and no vaseline).

Greetings,
Jerre
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

lachert wrote:jesus, wonder if this one alsow skip as previous one... :eek:
if yes you can kill for it and walk free...
Yes it's the same disc. No I didn't buy it. I bumped into the original seller at a fair two weeks ago and did an exchange for another band that doesn't skip or sound s**t. Soundboard recordings are wonderful things.

I went to say 'hello' to the same guy today and was just amused to see him now selling the limited edition.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Jerre wrote:I'll undertake approporiate action (which will involve a bunch of glitched copies and no vaseline).
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
coffee => keyboard.....
You can't fix stupid.
Rise&Reverberate
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Copy of this has appeared on ebay. 'one of the most rare "Sisters of Mercy" CD´s around' apparently :roll:

The seller also appears to be selling e's for £99. :eek:
My Dominion
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Bought this one 3 weeks ago in Utrecht at "De Grammophoon Winkel".
For Euro 10,-.
The owner of the shop told me he bougth it from a distributor form Belgium.
At it comes with the skips as earlier mentioned.

Bad luck that I bought it.
And gives a bad feeling that it is a commercial world wide selling of a bad product.
I would say "let the word go out and be warne"!".

Greetings
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

i bought this s**t thing too ,
avoid please.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Which begs the question ... what are people reading this thread and still buying it? :?
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Well Johnny... You should know: it has 9 tracks which all are a must-hear for ANY fan of Goth and the Sisters of Mercy!..

See the funny tracklist:

Dominion/MothRussia
Slept with Allter Russia

:-|
guns & cars & accidents