80 s new wave bands

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Hojyuu-obi wrote: Could any of my groovy Belgian brothers & sisters (waaarde landgenoten ;D)
supply me with any of these:

Siglo XX - Antler tracks vol. I (lost my copy years ago :cry:)
Red Zebra - "From Ape to Zebra" Best of (I only have the live CD: "A Red Zebra is not a dead Zebra", would love to hear the studio version of Bastogne again :D)

Danke, :notworthy:
Hey Tom,

I can supply you with Red Zebra's 'From Ape...', but I only have Antler Tracks 2 on cd...
Last year there were some 'new' releases out: a very good Siglo XX comp and a Red Zebra one. I don't know if the tracklists are the same as the 2 cd's you mentioned, but these newly released cd's are very cheap and worth every cent! Both on EMI I think...

And you're right about Bastogne, arguably their best work :notworthy: (I have the Bastogne ep on vinyl btw :wink: )

and slightly more on topic: has anyone mentioned Tuxedomoon yet?
From the US of A, but at the time (early eighties) they lived in Brussels and played in Europe most of the time.
They're pretty arty fellas, but if you don't mind digging for pearls, you might find some in there :wink:
in dub we trust
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I am looking for that Belgian 'Houghi'-website, with the Belgian Pop And Rock Archives, but I cannot seem to find it :|

It was stuffed choke-full with info on Belgian bands, especially from that 80s era...

EDIT: Found it! It was HOUBI.COM ;)

EDIT 2: And here is the Belgian Eighties Section ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...