Rock Affligem - Belgium 2007????

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

radiojamaica wrote:
dtsom wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:The Sissies aren't coming to Affligem after all, so no need to start arranging flights, hotels, walkabouts, etc.
why do you know that????
I read it in the stars :innocent:

no, on the forum of that festival somebody asked if the Sisters were coming yes or no. Apperently that person received a mail from the organisation that made it very clear: no. It could be bollox, but I'm afraid not...
dont be that cruel if you dont have confirmed information :innocent:
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

On the German PD forum I read a note s.o. found in the festivals homepage forum saying "Ondertussen bericht gehad van de organisatie.
Ze komen dus NIET ..." which means they won't come. Since there is no confirmation for the gig on the official Sisters page I won't put too much hope into this... :(
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

Hey all,

Someone who had contact with the Rock Affligem organisation forwarded me the e-mails (between her and the RA-organisation). Interesting:

First mail:
- Rock Affligem asked the Sisters to play RA and offered the required money. Sisters are "putting together" a tour and can't confirm the Rock Affligem date (yet).
nog effkens geduld,we hebben de volledige som geboden die ze gevraagd hebben,doch ze zijn de toernee aan het ineen steken.Nog effkens geduld en je zult wel zien.Slaap op je twee oren.
Second mail:
- Sisters tour has moved to a later date so they can't play Rock Affligem. RA is disappointed because they offered everything the Sisters asked (financially). But it's all a bit unclear: RA writes the tour is moved from 24 july to 8 june (but RA is planned on 18-19 may) :?:
slecht nieuws de tournee van se sisters is verschoven van 24juni naar8july.We hebben alles financiel willen geven wat ze vroegen doch het mag niet baten.Ik denk dat ze op werchter zullen spelen.Erg voor U,doch erg ook voor ons,jk had er zo in geloofd.Groeten jos

So RA is talking about a Sisters Summer Tour, that's nice! 8) But they are messing up the dates... so we still now nothing about other dates except they don't play Rock Affligem :cry:

Peter KJ
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

fine, but why Henry Fix as your avatar :-)
guns & cars & accidents
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hm, I did not know Caspar David Friedrich knew Henry Fix.

However, thanks for the information Peter KJ. Let's hope the tour will happen...