That Guitarist ANGRY!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Badlander wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
Ozpat wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that Wayne spent a mere two years in the Sisters and yet he keeps going back to it more than twenty years later. :eek:
If you quote me, do it right. The second quote is not mine! Thank you.
Whose is it then ? :innocent: :lol:
:lol: A person who I agree with on this matter! :lol: :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Badlander
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
Badlander wrote:
Ozpat wrote: If you quote me, do it right. The second quote is not mine! Thank you.
Whose is it then ? :innocent: :lol:
:lol: A person who I agree with on this matter! :lol: :notworthy:
Really ?! :eek:
I'll tell him (or her) then, and I think he (or she) will be glad to know that. :wink: :lol: 8)
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Personally, I'm not much of a Mish fan, and Wayne probably is a bit of an arse at times... but I still find it quite refreshing in comparison to :von: that he doesn't bother with smoke and mirrors, and actually that he does get down in the sandpit with The Fans.

He's probly just been on the Blue Nun again and tried to delete it in the morning. Yeah sure, he may show himself as childish or grumpy or bitter about the Sisters at times but FFS, he's just a bloke. As is :von: , as are all your idols. I find it really strange when adults can't get to grips with the fact that their heroes are just people, and not only that but they fart in the bath.

If seeing your favourite artists like that strips away your respect for them, it suggests that they don't do very much of substance - i.e. what they actually produce. Bear with me, I know this is a bit of an alien concept for Sisters fans these days... :innocent:
If someone makes genius records or is a charismatic performer, that remains even if you do realise that *gasp* they are as human as Bob down the road. But if that ruins it for you, if you need a cloak of "enigma" around your favourite artists to make what they do worthwhile, to stop it from looking shallow and mundane - well, you probably need to find a new favourite artist :wink:

Or invent your own, if the unpleasant reality of real human beings' humanity is all a bit too much.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

What are you saying there? If Von did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him? :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

markfiend wrote:What are you saying there? If Von did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him? :innocent:
This is the eternal question!
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

boudicca wrote:...even if you do realise that *gasp* they are as human as Bob down the road.

Human?

:?
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

No, HUMAN.

Image[/img]
guns & cars & accidents
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

mh
Above the Chemist

dinky daisy wrote:No, HUMAN.

Image[/img]
Jesus, Ian McCulloch's really let himself go... ;D

Oh, wait...
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Badlander
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:I find it really strange when adults can't get to grips with the fact that their heroes are just people, and not only that but they fart in the bath.
The fact that my "idol" can be just as much of an asshole as the rest of us doesn't mean he has to be more of an asshole than the rest of us. ;D
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Badlander wrote:
boudicca wrote:I find it really strange when adults can't get to grips with the fact that their heroes are just people, and not only that but they fart in the bath.
The fact that my "idol" can be just as much of an asshole as the rest of us doesn't mean he has to be more of an asshole than the rest of us. ;D
Good point, well made :wink:
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

And I really didn't need to know that my idols - or in fact anybody adult - farts in their bath. :urff: :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Bob doesn't. His farts went straight to his records, last years.

Now, i sound like an old grumpy bat... off topic and all that.
guns & cars & accidents
Badlander
Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:Bob doesn't. His farts went straight to his records, last years.

Now, i sound like an old grumpy bat... off topic and all that.
Nah... You just sound like you're wrong. :von: