How Obsessive are you...really?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.

So, which one will it be?

Poll ended at 16 Feb 2007, 22:53

Body Electric
36%
10 pints of beer (or equivilent)
17%
Got it
28%
*hic*
19%

Total votes: 36
James Blast
Banned

ellpee then?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Maisey wrote:It came through this morning.

It is sublime.

Worth every penny.
sublime, I like that word-good news Maisey :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Both sides have been played all the way through. Both play perfec'.

Now that I have de-flowered it I can go back to listening to it on SGWBY mistake. I believe records are for listening, and even the most prized ones should be rocked out to, at least once. Otherwise it would feel horrible, and all the other well rocked records would take the p*ss out of it.

I looked up its actual value. "Between £80-£85"

NOW who wouldn't spend £35 on it? Even if they were just in it for the profit.

With the brashness of youth I vow never to sell this, but maybe in time, when the best of my years have passed I may pass it on to a youngling with a passion to rival my own. *smiles a wizened old smile, that doesn't quite fit on the face that bares more signs of youthful folly than aged wisdom*
Nationalise the f**king lot.
King of Byblos
Amphetamine Filth

Maisey wrote: Now that I have de-flowered it I can go back to listening to it on SGWBY mistake. I believe records are for listening, and even the most prized ones should be rocked out to, at least once. Otherwise it would feel horrible, and all the other well rocked records would take the p*ss out of it.

With the brashness of youth I vow never to sell this, but maybe in time, when the best of my years have passed I may pass it on to a youngling with a passion to rival my own. *smiles a wizened old smile, that doesn't quite fit on the face that bares more signs of youthful folly than aged wisdom*
def. vinyl is for playing and will always sound better from the original release (if only in your head :) ) Afterall a good, well set-up record player causes minimal damage to a record and should last longer than many flaky CD's...it's not like you are scratching the breaks on a pair of cheap Numarks every weekend are you?

IMHO i doubt you will, i am am getting les and less inclined to part with any of my records, even the ones i know are s**t and i would never play again. Anyway in 50 years time they will either be priceless relics of a bygone age or worthless tat whose playability is zero, ho-hum :|
"Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas – only I don't exactly know what they are!"
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

i have 4 copies of BE and 2 of damage done, but i'm afraid it would be 10 pints everytime. you just never know who you might meet
Goths have feelings too
Dark
Underneath the Rock

@Ez: White label too?
Big Si
School Bully

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

actually this thread serves more to emphasise how badly CNT 002 has kept it's value compared to that gassy aluminium water they sell in pubs...when i was a lad (no- i haven't had a sex-change i'm just old) you could get ten pints for under a tenner and body electric/adrenochrome was even thn=e fetching up to £50. in those days a little offering called "they shall not pass" had to suffice; and vinyl-wise still does. mind you - i'll bet they're not so comon anymore.[/url]
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: