MICE

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eotunun
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:MOUSES
Time for a break at learning flams?
Just a wee one? can you? :innocent:
It won´t hurt, I promise!
:wink:
There is shadow under this red rock
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

<----Given his complete indifference to his previous owners' rats, I suspect Dale wouldn't be much use as a mouser, although he did manage to trample a pigeon till it's wings broke and then play football with it on the balcony where I couldn't get at it to put it out its misery. He brought it back indoors as a present for me 3 days later :roll: Who says cats are selfish? :lol:
James Blast
Banned

Well hung game Andrew,
I hope you fried the breasts in lard with a mashed tattie and raspberry jus condiment.

<serious> :eek:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

A triumvirate of HL Cool Cats... Remind me again why exactly this thread is called MICE? :lol:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

eotunun wrote:
No but Jurgen! It's the proper name for them. I don't care what The Man down at the Oxford English Dictionary Department Of Telling Me What To Call Little Scurrying Rodents says. IT'S MOUSES DAMMIT!

In much the same way as the plural of sheep is sheeps ;D
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

'cause this place is full of feckin' Gothics (in denial, of course) Raf

am them sheeps furry black sheeps, Claire, we need to know?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

By the way I've restrained myself remarkably well up to now in replying to this thread, I love mouses almost as much as I love pigeons... :oops:

COME ON NOW! :notworthy:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:'cause this place is full of feckin' Gothics (in denial, of course) Raf

am them sheeps furry black sheeps, Claire, we need to know?
The colour of the sheeps' FUR should be irrelevant in this day and age James :wink:
James Blast
Banned

I just wanted to know if they were Gothics, not friends of Koen, like y'kna Mon?
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:I just wanted to know if they were Gothics, not friends of Koen, like y'kna Mon?
You mean, was their fur backcombed and hairsprayed to within an inch of its life, as opposed to dreadlocked...? :lol:

Either way there's gonna be some deeply alarmed elderly couples out for a Sunday drive in the country :twisted: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

yeah, especially with 'furry' sheeps
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Pffft!

Ah luuuurves 'em all: kittehs, puppehs, bunnehs, mousies, cowies, horsies, fishies, lambiepiekins, and BUDGIES!!! Better than people, you bet! ;P ;D :roll:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

SINsister wrote:Pffft!

Ah luuuurves 'em all: kittehs, puppehs, bunnehs, mousies, cowies, horsies, fishies, lambiepiekins, and BUDGIES!!! Better than people, you bet! ;P ;D :roll:
Tell it, Sinsister! 8)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

boudicca wrote:
eotunun wrote:
No but Jurgen! It's the proper name for them. I don't care what The Man down at the Oxford English Dictionary Department Of Telling Me What To Call Little Scurrying Rodents says. IT'S MOUSES DAMMIT!

In much the same way as the plural of sheep is sheeps ;D
The plural of mouse is meeces, surely?

As in I hate thothe meethes to piethes.

OK, it's just me.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eotunun
Overbomber

boudicca wrote: In much the same way as the plural of sheep is sheeps ;D
Mouse-Mice
Sheep-Shice

..okay, mouses.
There is shadow under this red rock
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:
Blimey, I thought it was only me that remembered them (Trixie & Dixie) :notworthy:
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

limur wrote:
markfiend wrote:
Blimey, I thought it was only me that remembered them (Trixie & Dixie) :notworthy:
;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Badlander wrote:Some of them look more like Charlie Chaplin than Hitler. :lol:

This little dude doesn't look like the Führer, but he's quite scary nonetheless, isn't he ? :twisted:
Hmmm... I would not be surprised if they call this one 'Fernandez' or 'Luigi'... looks more like a Sicilian Maffia Boss to me :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

boudicca wrote:In much the same way as the plural of sheep is sheeps ;D

According to the Nac Mac Feegle Dictionary of Crivens Language, the plural of sheep is ships...

A Hat Full Of Sky wrote: ships: woolly things that eat grass and go baa. Easily confused with the other kind

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:According to the Nac Mac Feegle Dictionary of Crivens Language, the plural of sheep is ships...
Where's My COW?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Badlander
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

This little dude doesn't look like the Führer, but he's quite scary nonetheless, isn't he ? :twisted:
Hmmm... I would not be surprised if they call this one 'Fernandez' or 'Luigi'... looks more like a Sicilian Maffia Boss to me :lol:

IZ.
:lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol:

He's more Al Pacino than Marlon Brando tho. :von:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
_emma_
Overbomber

EmeraldSignal wrote:We have mice, they have suddenly appeared.
Ive put down traps with cheese, bread, jam you name it! Got one but the rest dont seem to take the bait. Apart from nuking the house anyone got any ideas.???????
I used to catch them into the bucket filled with a thin layer of bread crumbs (so that they could jump in it but couldn't get out) and carry them out to the garden. That was useless and a waste of time as they always seemed to be back inside the house within the same day. :lol:
So, I decided to learn to live with them and here's my advice:
Keep the food that's meant for humans in close containers, so that the mice can't get to it.
Every evening leave some chocolate, or walnuts, or sausage in the same place (for example, in the corner on the floor). They will learn the place very quickly, and when they get used to finding something delicious there every night, they won't look anywhere else anymore.
That's what I do. I have about 5 or 6 mice all year round in the house, but I can't tell the difference between them so I name them all Jerrys. Sometimes when I sit still for long enough I can watch them eat the walnuts. It's a beautiful sight that brings peace to the mind.
I have cats too, but they get whiskas to eat and artificial toys to play with, so luckily they don't seem interested in chasing the Jerrys.
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Go out buy yourself one of those big catapaults , the type that has the wrist strap. Some giant ball bearings. A large cup of coffee and some fig rolls.Sit on the sofa and just let the fun unfold before your very eyes.

Make a game of it like your at the fair. if you can scuttle the little bleeder a certain distance then you hand yourself a prize - lash him right across the room and win a chocolate digestive!!

Mice have no purpose on this earth except to p*ss other animals off and give ctas something to toy with- vermin the lot of them! Like Man Utd fans in little fur coats!!

Gertcha!!! :twisted: :evil:
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
mh
Above the Chemist

Badlander wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

IZ.
:lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol:

He's more Al Pacino than Marlon Brando tho. :von:
Or that bloke out of Sparks
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

A friend of mine decided to dispose of a large resident rat in his flat with an air rifle. After a 4-hour vigil with gun pointed at the rat's favourite spot, not a sign of it. Of course, as soon as he put the gun down, it appeared! He gave up after that :lol: