[Ahráyeph] - You're never going to believe this...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Surely, Brer James, there cannae be enough I's and Z's in an article, can there? It's all For Greater Good, innit... ;D
James Blast
Banned

Aye, now that the Arfband are mobilized, time to get FGG in effect! :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

James Blast wrote:there are far too many 'i', 'j' and 'z's in that for it to be wholesome ;D :lol:
Which leads to a MB translation of the article, just for you! :wink:

"Maybe this year the Overijsese band Ahráyeph will be standing on stage at the rock festival Pukkelpop. Rock 'n roll lovers can vote for their favourite five bands via the website www.pukkelpop.be. The organization are keeping a place open for them. Ten years ago began Raf Jansen, the pivot figure of Ahráyeph, a band named "Crucifire". That went no where and the band like a withered rose died. Raf still felt the tickleing & butterflies to make music. He decided to give it another go and started with the writing of his own music.
Quite quickly other young talents joined to work with the band. From that
point Aháryeph existed. "We are a modern varitey of the Gothic rock from the 80's", says Raf. The metal genre is touched on, but they don't want to seen as a metal band.
The difficult pronounciation of the band name is an acronym of Raf. Damien, Alex, Steve and Cris have been busy for four years. Recently they have recordered their first full cd, "Marooned on Samsara".
In the meantime, we have to be patient before the cd is available in the stores. At the moment they are busy with the preparations for their summer gigs."

Something in those lines, James...

MB 8)

*2nd edit* Now for future references, PLEASE see the man himself our lovely HL Ahráyeph as he knows it best...
Last edited by MadameButterfly on 21 Mar 2007, 21:23, edited 2 times in total.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

as always:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: My Mistress of Distress :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:kiss:

Love you too.
that ongoing eternity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Ahráyeph wrote:The article... Full of wrong info (don't try to read it Claire, it's bad for your progress in the Flemish language :P)
:oops: I was quite gleeful actually, I understood a lot more of it than I expected! :D
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Some poetic license here and there (read : making the article more eloquent and better written than it actually is), but a very fine translation, Debs! :kiss: :notworthy: A few mistakes they originally put into the article : my former band was called 'Crucifire', not 'Crucifier' (I spelled that name to the journo, no less). And Ahráyeph came to be long before the band was formed, which most of you know. And the album is called 'Marooned on Samsara'. Yup, Dear Doktor's right again. :twisted: Still, exposure is exposure...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

God, you are going to break me....

nah, not really 'I'm finished with you!' ...sorry lyrics that I'm hearing whilst typing...."Come break me down...Marry me marry me...I'm finished with you......!" :oops: sorry...back on topic...

yeah, just for James really who knows your history but the perfectionist I am .... a second edit...due to my name...
that ongoing eternity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

MadameButterfly wrote:The difficult pronounciation of the band name is an acronym of Raf.

Ahhh, now I get it. Very clever. ;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

!!
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Look, he's *really* invisible, now... :lol: :roll: :P
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:God, you are going to break me....

nah, not really 'I'm finished with you!' ...sorry lyrics that I'm hearing whilst typing...."Come break me down...Marry me marry me...I'm finished with you......!" :oops: sorry...back on topic...

yeah, just for James really who knows your history but the perfectionist I am .... a second edit...due to my name...
Not sure what you're on about Debs. I was paying you a compliment and saying the journo made the mistakes in the original piece, not you. You did an excellent job!
Izzy HaveMercy

SINsister wrote:Look, he's *really* invisible, now... :lol: :roll: :P
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Ahráyeph wrote: Not sure what you're on about Debs.
No worries, I'm known for that.
Ahráyeph wrote: I was paying you a compliment and saying the journo made the mistakes in the original piece, not you. You did an excellent job!
I know and I thank you for the compliment and wish you luck with that it will all be. :notworthy:
that ongoing eternity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
SINsister wrote:Look, he's *really* invisible, now... :lol: :roll: :P

*still cackling* :lol: :P
James Blast
Banned

A spokesperson for Blast Productsâ„¢ provided The Jockinese trans:
ARF! is the brainchild of Arf Jensen Interceptor*, a sports car built in the 70s and guitarist of no fixed hairstyle. He started out burning churches in Sweden with some Death Metal Dudes, then moved to Belgium. This gave him a thirst for tight black leather, encrusted in shiney metal studs whilst posing with guitar. Eventually he got fed up with smelling like a BBQ all the time, the goat raping and virgin sacrifice or was it the other way round? So, one night he sparked up an extra mellow doobie to some sounds by The Pink Floyd: result - churches and animals were for zoos, Dad.
Naturally his next step was, what is commonly known as 'Goth' where he revelled in the lusty decadent delights of reverb, echo and even flange. He never looked back.
This led him to a study of the Indian mystics like Madhur Jaffrey and he fully explored the essence of their culture, and belief system.
Finally indulging in his, till now secret, passion for the soft brown colour (that's color for our Amerikan viewers) maroon he embarked upon the task of writing and composing his Iliad - Maroon with Samosa.
Sweat, toil and Microsoft operating systems (spit!) were just a few of the obstacles he had to hurdle on his Marathon (that's Snickers for our Amerikan viewers) quest to deliver a prime product built from years of soul searching and Duvel.
The album is now ready fur you and is quite 'a piece o'sound fer wan silver biscuit'!
Aw that's needed noo is some coked up record exec FUD! tae 'Wake tha feck up'! Get wi the plan, press it and promote it. Baisturt!
This is a cool band that will be big, so we thought we'd make two of them (the other two knew what to expect and nivir showed) look like ersepieces haudin' their guitars, so we can blackmail them, soon. The ARF! fella just stood there grabbing his dick.

*see Zed for this one
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:Indian mystics like Madhur Jaffrey
:lol: :notworthy: :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

*Coughs* Um, yeah, we're not *all* 'tards over here, thanks, Blasty shnookums, dear. :lol: :P
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote: ARF! is the brainchild of Arf Jensen Interceptor*, a sports car built in the 70s and guitarist of no fixed hairstyle

Very nice :D :notworthy:

The first four wheel drive sports car if I'm not mistaken :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
eotunun
Overbomber

RAF, if I were in your place I´d make that the official version of the band history.
:notworthy: @ James!
There is shadow under this red rock
Izzy HaveMercy

eotunun wrote:RAF, if I were in your place I´d make that the official version of the band history.

*IZ runs off to Uncyclopedia! ;D*

IZ.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
eotunun wrote:RAF, if I were in your place I´d make that the official version of the band history.

IZ.
Yeah right... :lol:
eotunun
Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

IZ.
Yeah right... :lol:
:notworthy: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
There is shadow under this red rock
christophe
Overbomber

not a bad interview Raf :notworthy:
I have read far far worse. :evil: the last one on NIN in GVA for starters :evil:
Another Shade of You.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

christophe wrote:the last one on NIN in GVA for starters :evil:
Just one star, I believe? :lol:

It's always a laugh to see how their and de Morgen's reviews clash :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr