Importante

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

eotunun wrote:Global dimming and global warming go hand in hand:
no they don't,

one is proportional to the output of the other. reduce dimming increase warming, or increase dimming reduce warming [see for example the idea of spraying the atmosphere with giant aerosols ] :lol: :lol:
Goths have feelings too
smiscandlon
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:see for example the idea of spraying the atmosphere with giant aerosols
I guess the Goth movement played its part in that... :|

:lol:
анархия
eotunun
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:
eotunun wrote:Global dimming and global warming go hand in hand:
no they don't,

one is proportional to the output of the other. reduce dimming increase warming, or increase dimming reduce warming [see for example the idea of spraying the atmosphere with giant aerosols ] :lol: :lol:
Okay, that may be the outcome of a foreign speaker trying to pun..
See the lowest bit of my post. And:

The premise that aerosols will decrease the warming implies that the aerosols reflect the sunlight and don't absorb it. In the latter case the sun energy will be caught in the athmosphere as if it had reached the earth's surface.
So it depends on the kind of particles that the aerosols consist of and their individual albedo.
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly