March Violets Gig Arrangements/Meet Up.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Dark wrote:Forget it, okay? I didn't even ask them. It's not going to happen. I barely know any of the bands anyway.
Grow a pair, get it sorted, come for the creak, put faces to names & enjoy your self................OK.

Keith.
You know the man's right, right?

If you don't ask, you'll never know.

Emily Strange wrote:yeah. there are two sites, one further down burley road, but the one at no. 2 is nearer centre
Are you at the one nearer the centre?

Sorry I hope you don't mind if we stay at the same place :oops:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

This is nothing to do with anyone else saying I can go or not. I'm not, because I physically can't. Forget it, just trash my posts.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i will attempt that, yeah. no, i don;t mind. all the hotels will be littered with Hlers. look on the map though before you decide. places like the comfort inn etc are much nearer the centre, i think
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:i will attempt that, yeah. no, i don;t mind. all the hotels will be littered with Hlers. look on the map though before you decide. places like the comfort inn etc are much nearer the centre, i think
Ok cheers Ems, might have to go somewhere cheaper as I have a friend coming and I feel a bit mean him having to fork out for a whole room on his own but I get to share :|
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
emilystrange wrote:
Dark wrote:I wanna go. But finding my way there and back may be difficult. As will finding somewhere to stay.. I'd ask if anyone has a floor, but doubtless the parents would still be of the opinion that "anyone on the internet will kill you". :roll:

EDIT: Actually, f**k it, after the sudden rush of wanting to go, it's not gonna happen anyway, so not going.
you're 18.
Yes you're 18 FFS!

Have you got a car? If so, then drive - if not, get a train!
C'mon, folks, cut the dude some slack. My folks were just as strict, domineering, and controlling as his seem to be. :evil: My dad's still treating me like a f*cking 5-year-old with no rights, now that I'm back under his roof (thank f*ck it'll be temporary)! I feel your pain, Korin, I truly do. :(
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
undertow
Amphetamine Filth

Hey Korin,
Come up to Sheffield I'll meet you at the Railway station and go with you to Leeds and I'll sort you somewhere to stay in Leeds. Or I'll forsake alcohol for the evening and drive there and back and you can stay here in the spare room.

I've only spoken to you a couple of times on line but
I'm 43 I'm married I've got twin 4 year old daughters
My Dad's a magistrate
My wife's a teacher

I've just finished an MSc
I'm a virtual pillar of the community!

I don't mind speaking to your parents if they need some reassurance.

I'm not taking the p just aware that it's more difficult for some than others to travel
I've had nothing to drink tonight !
The offer will remain open til the day

Scotty + Quiff can give me a character reference , so could Biggy , but I'm not sure whether that's wise or not

Cheers
Richard

Go On you know you want to!
'I have reason to believe' he said, 'that one of you has been going out at night!'
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Nice one Richard 8)
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
mh
Above the Chemist

Absolutely. :notworthy:

But it's his parents that need convincing, and for all they know we could be sacrificing goats and stuff.

Seriously now. :|

It would be great to see you there, and I think you would enjoy it. Everyone's regular folks, nothing scary or creepy, and it's going to be a smashing way to see in the Chrimbo season. Fun will be had by all.

I met some of these for the first time this year, and they're all genuine friendly people. You've done gigs before, so I know your parents are not that stuck up over stuff. Hell, they might even like to see you taking off for something like this.

If you genuinely can't make it, so be it, but I think you should at least make an attempt before saying a definite "no", eh? :)
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

undertow wrote:Hey Korin,
Come up to Sheffield I'll meet you at the Railway station and go with you to Leeds and I'll sort you somewhere to stay in Leeds. Or I'll forsake alcohol for the evening and drive there and back and you can stay here in the spare room.

I've only spoken to you a couple of times on line but
I'm 43 I'm married I've got twin 4 year old daughters
My Dad's a magistrate
My wife's a teacher

I've just finished an MSc
I'm a virtual pillar of the community!

I don't mind speaking to your parents if they need some reassurance.

I'm not taking the p just aware that it's more difficult for some than others to travel
I've had nothing to drink tonight !
The offer will remain open til the day

Scotty + Quiff can give me a character reference , so could Biggy , but I'm not sure whether that's wise or not

Cheers
Richard

Go On you know you want to!

Are you mental?!!!!!!
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Cheers all. I haven't even mentioned it to them though. I just figured it would be too difficult/expensive anyway. :?
Special thanks, Richard.. I'll see what happens, I may be able to sort something out with some others anyway. I know full well everyone here is a good person, but that's just what I know.
Still, if I can work a few extra shifts this week... I dunno. I'll try and sort something out. Sorry. :? :cry:
Debaser
Overbomber

Can't read this at work usually (obviously no potty-mouths have written on this page, the other, yes, as I can't open it)...and I've not been online at home which is why I've not been to Dark's rescue (so those of you who've been thinking what a meanie I am - shut it ;) ).

We'll be travelling there and back, Dark...and if you can put up with 3 middle-aged old punks blathering on about the old time or our holiday in the States, you can squeeze in with us.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Blimey, feel the love people. :notworthy:

What a stunning offer from you Richard. None of this has fck all to do with me, but if they're the lengths people are prepared to go to ensure good friends (virtual or otherwise) can have a good time then I doff my cap anyway.

*doffs cap*

Korin - apart from 25 Men I'll be at the bar, its possibly worth pointing out that last years Sisters gig in Leeds was one of the finest social nights out of my life (ask Blasty what he thought :wink: ) and yet also the shytist gig of my life, you KNOW you'll have a great time. We'll make sure of that :wink: :innocent:

And besides all that ,just tell yer folks you're comin up to pick that drum machine up - its hardly your fault that you then got chloroformed by a load of well dodgy g-words (and me ;D ) and woke up in a mosh-pit. 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
James Blast
Banned

Preach Brother, Preach! Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
radiojamaica
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Preach Brother, Preach! Image
Righteous! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I do hope you can work something out Korin! James Ray gigs don't happen any day :wink: :innocent:
in dub we trust
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Right, well, since I'm not doing Maths, my good mood is sustained. Touched, people. First half of battle is fought, next stage is telling the parents I'll be going up to Leeds, followed by ordering these tickets if all goes to plan.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

you can always threaten them with me. or if that fails, with mrs rj.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It depends on finances (which have definitely taken an upturn lately with the new job).

I don't think Kerry can make it though.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Dark wrote:Right, well, since I'm not doing Maths, my good mood is sustained. Touched, people. First half of battle is fought, next stage is telling the parents I'll be going up to Leeds, followed by ordering these tickets if all goes to plan.
Now thats the attitude!
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Dark wrote:Right, well, since I'm not doing Maths, my good mood is sustained. Touched, people. First half of battle is fought, next stage is telling the parents I'll be going up to Leeds, followed by ordering these tickets if all goes to plan.
Good luck, toots! ;D :notworthy:
scotty
Overbomber

:wink: :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
James Blast
Banned

Ma and Pa Korin?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Close enough. :lol:

They seemed more worried when I mentioned the London Goff Bois coming up than anything else :lol: :roll: (seriously, aren't I older anyway?)
However, I said I "will be going" and there weren't any reactions, so now I just need to get some tickets, hopefully can sort out tomorrow or Friday. Fingers crossed. 8)
James Blast
Banned

"Yuh ain't froam rahnd hee-ah Suhn, is yah"? :lol:
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Dark wrote:However, I said I "will be going" and there weren't any reactions...
:eek: Wow. :notworthy: More power to ya, man. :von:
mh
Above the Chemist

Nice one! See you there. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.