Create your own band and album

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silver_Owl
The Don

What a strange coincidence :!:
Hard core techno trash jazz outfit return to form with this compilation of jolly sing-a-long dance tunes.
One to watch rocketing up the charts: I bet you look Goff On The Dancefloor.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Pista
Cureboi

:?:

Dinnae understand that. :|
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Incidentally (speaking of the album cover in Hom's post, above *cough* :innocent:) - did you notice that our fake album covers are no worse - and, in many instances, are actually *better* - than the real thing (as regularly seen in the "Currently Listening To" thread)? Interesting, innit? :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Pista
Cureboi

& those "designers" get paid a fortune for that crap. :roll:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Floodland is certainly an abominable cover. But onto more pressing matters...

Fearless Japanoise pioneer and avant-garde fugitive Kasatuyama Tochigi returns with his 37th offering. It follows the ear-shredding "untitled" trilogy of 2006, which featured numbered CD's, released in reverse order starting with the 3rd, as an artistic protest against what Tochigi describes as "the restrictive numerical structures which govern the post-industrial society". Well quite, who among us has never been tormented by the irritation of two inevitably following one and so on. "I feel an intense compulsion to dismantle such dogmatic constructs", opines Tochigi from beneath his wide-brimmed hat, a tortured frown just visible.
This CD represents a return to the stark precussive sculptures that made him such an influential name, echoing the merciless brutality of Merzbow and the caustic introspection of the new Slavic utilitarian electro-scapes.
Lyrically (and the lyrics are, as usual, sparse - hypnotic murmurings and terror-inducing screams punctuate the record), Tochigi takes the listener on an intestine-twisting psycho-voyage into the mind of a man who murders his victims by dissolving their very brains with samples of pneumatic drills. Heaven knows where he got that idea from.

In short, if you like Far-Eastern dystopian sound-gasms, you'll love this. Tochigi is an aural terrorist that the FBI can't stop.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Pista
Cureboi

@Claire

Made me cry :notworthy: :notworthy:

The descriptions/ reviews are really complimenting the covers.
I have laughed so much today in this thread alone.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

ROFL! Awesome one, Claire! :lol: :notworthy:
psichonaut
Overbomber

band name: TRIANGLE DAY SCHOOL
album title: MODERATION BE YOUR QUITE[/img]
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Pista
Cureboi

Swedish New Wave upstarts, Unisound are back with a "bonk" with this, their 5th LP, "Doesn't Come From Inside".
Littered with innuendo & double entendres, this CD is the alternative music equivalent of a Carry On film.
Lyricist, Lars Larssossesson tells us (in between giggling fits worthy of Babara Windsor herself), "This is supposed to be taken as a very tongue in cheek (oooer) poke (oooer) at the fiddling (oooer) going on in the music industry.
We hope to allow people to download (ooer) this LP in return for a squizz at their erses (oooer)."
Well, we couldn't continue the interview for girly giggling & so all that remains to be said is:
Track to download (oooer) : How To Make it Stop......................................................(oooer)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Silver_Owl
The Don

Unisound isn't a bad name for a band actually.... ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Pista
Cureboi

Hom_Corleone wrote:Unisound isn't a bad name for a band actually.... ;D
I thought so too. It's actually a recording studio in Sweden, but there's virtually bugger all else on the wiki page for it.

I kinda like "Polar Cyclone" as a band name from Michael yesterday. & I still giggle uncontrolably when I read the blurb underneath it. :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Mixed reactions to Song Cycle's second album, To See The Good. Created in only three days, thanks to a near-fatal indulgence in LSD, Merlot, and reruns of My Little Pony, this supposed nine-track opus repeats track one as track four, and track nine is merely the sound of Rodney Hillfriegger (synth and vocals) retching. Song Cycle's approach can be roughly compared to Sigur Ros pumped full of nitrous oxide and attempting to cover Californian deathrock whilst strapped to the wing of a 747 cruising at 30,000 feet.
Widely celebrated amongst the faux-new wave-anachronists culture, To See The Good has not achieved recognition in the mainstream - and is unlikely to, as nearly all production copies have been bought by the US Military as part of it's Aural Warfare program, and the sixteen members of Song Cycle have all been incarcerated in The Hague for multiple violations of basic Human Rights and the Geneva convention.

Epic.
Pista
Cureboi

@Timmy

I was relishing your input on this thread & you didn't dissappoint.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

crap typography tho' :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

Wasn't "that" font though :wink:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

Indeed!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

Pista wrote:& those "designers" get paid a fortune for that crap. :roll:
Actually, we don't. The Art Directors sub work out and we get a penneth of what they earn. Also fads come and go so stay current. :|
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

With a quiet hissing sound, Oxydoras seep under the door with their 3rd double LP in as many months.
One of the most prolific, post-punk, prog-synth, ballad band the world has ever known have produced yet another soundscape for us that will eat it's way into your head, your fridge & possibly your bank account(s).
Starting with the title track, Side Of A Brimming Mind is a heady trip back to those good old days of 2007 when fcuk all mattered, except to old people.
Track 2 is a 45 minute journey through the seedy world of life in the midlands of England.
Entitled "Birmingham" it is not likly to get too much airplay, but deserves more than just that.
Track to download: Birmingham (if you have the bandwidth).Image
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

James Blast wrote:
Pista wrote:& those "designers" get paid a fortune for that crap. :roll:
Actually, we don't. The Art Directors sub work out and we get a penneth of what they earn. Also fads come and go so stay current. :|
Prolly got to be on another thread, but how can you "direct" art?
Isn't it supposed to be about expression that comes from within?
That mean there is some "director" chappie who decides what he/she does or doesn't want to see?
No offence intended btw.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Pista wrote:Prolly got to be on another thread, but how can you "direct" art?
Isn't it supposed to be about expression that comes from within?
That mean there is some "director" chappie who decides what he/she does or doesn't want to see?
Yes. It's not about making art, it's about selling a commodity. It's purely marketing, sadly.
Pista
Cureboi

I don't know really. My brother was a graphic designer for a few years & I suppose he was in the field of "marketing" (he was working for a big drugs company) rather than art.

I had a thought about this thread & that was to have t-shirts made of totally ficticious bands.
:lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Pista wrote:I had a thought about this thread & that was to have t-shirts made of totally ficticious bands.
...and hilarity ensues... :lol: :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

SINsister wrote:
Pista wrote:I had a thought about this thread & that was to have t-shirts made of totally ficticious bands.
...and hilarity ensues... :lol: :notworthy:
You reading this dirge ?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

<----- lost in space

anyhoo, a new effort from Blast Products 2008â„¢
no titles on sleeve, that would ruin the pic, but here's the blurb~
This, Kusanagi's 1st album (Lives of Noisy Desperation), doesn't hint at the majesty of 'document and eyewitness' the follow up. Don't expect the oriental name to mean things made of bamboo and string, this is an occidental wide-on attack of fuzz metal and, praise the Lord of Prog - Mellotron. Julian Cope said "I came, like in my pants, and Dorian was in the States visiting her Mum first time I heard this". Need there be a better recommendation?
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

@James

:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity