the Doors...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Yeah, and I love 'm both 8) :notworthy:
in dub we trust
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Chairman Bux wrote:Never heard of them.
PM me your address and I'll send you a copy! :wink:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

_emma_ wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:@Emma - Which biography did you read? There are several - some of which tell a better story than others. The general view was that he was a bit of a drunken changeling. Nice, sensetive guy when sober. Arse when pissed. ;D
I don't remember, sorry, I was 16 or so and smoked a lot of dope back then. ;D I just recall thinking "what a bastard" every couple of pages and being put off the music for months. :|
Still, these days I'm one of the first people to go to the dancefloor when they get played in a pub. :)
according to an ex- who, as you know, had more Doors stuff than it was safe for anyone to own :lol: :lol: this was the best

http://www.amazon.com/One-Here-Gets-Out ... 0446602280

me, i like to think of him as a 'peter pan' character who refused to grow up [not in a physical sense you understand - he managed that rather well :twisted: ]

...and i loved the idea of his stinky old 'lucky' boots :lol: :lol:

and 'strange days' is a genius album
Goths have feelings too
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

To me, i haven't heard or read a single thing he said that he wasn't right about. i know what you mean, PIB, about him refusing to grow up...it's very true, refusing to adapt to the garbage of the world, and that is meant when one is accused of not wanting to grow up...but i'm the same as him, in that sense, always been.

i see him very much like Christ - who also refused to grow up. Also there's a lot of Bobby Fischer in him.

And there's just as much pure unadulterated LIES about all of them. Au contraire to what i said originally, i did watch the Doors movie two nights ago, and what a bunch of distortions and lies, all deliberate, it was (Ray Manzarek said sirectly that he looked in the eyes of Oliver Stone and saw that there was just something off there). Just like the churches teach lies, and Kasparov and New in Chess, and the whole chess media, spread terrible lies about Fischer (you know what the expression 'damned by faint praise' means...), some of them deliberately and some just by repeating idiocies that others have invented.

Above all, he was a great human being. And that's the most important thing...saying he was an asshole is just taking some facts and not looking at the context. (And in that regard, ahem, i'd like to point out that people here who think i'm an asshole, do the very same mistake).
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Pursued By Trees
Road Kill

itnAklipse wrote:... i see him very much like Christ ...

Although on a more serious note I think I maybe get what you mean ... especially in that perhaps Christ wasn't so bad, it's just a lot of the Christians I encounter that tend to put me off taking more of an interest.
I'm headed for the trees over there
If that's not a destination
I don't care
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

itnAklipse wrote:Above all, he was a great human being. And that's the most important thing...saying he was an asshole is just taking some facts and not looking at the context. (And in that regard, ahem, i'd like to point out that people here who think i'm an asshole, do the very same mistake).
To be fair, while I disagree strongly with a lot of your opinions, you rarely fail to be thought-provoking IMO.

Is that damning you by faint praise? ;D :lol:

Edit to add: Yeah, you can be an arsehole sometimes, but then I can be an arsehole sometimes... :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

@Mark: Those are the kindest words i've heard in a long time so i'm not even gonna analyse if it's damning by faint praise :) And i'm genuinelly glad to hear that.

@Emma: We could, but i'm not sure i understand the merits of 'gentlemen'.

It's a built social structure, all about repression and an artificial code of behaviour, and that's my point about Jimbo. He was against such things, and behaved naturally. And since he said what he felt, did what he felt, everyone thinks he's an asshole. Because he wouldn't play up to people's expectations and fit in to the category they had put him in...that's exactly the point.

@Pursued by Trees: Exactly so! Forgetting so-called (self)-righteous church-going christians, people like David Tibet or Barry McGuire, whom i would consider real Christians, have their own vision of Christ. To them Christ is not an artificially oppressive force whose commands you must follow, but comparable to Tao.

And i've watched quite a few documentaries about Jimbo lately, and they are all filled with obvious lies.

The sad thing is, even his bandmates didn't understand him at all. But the garbage Jeffersons Airplane members said was the worst, along with the producer, paul rothchild.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

I was doing time
In the universal mind,
I was feeling fine.
I was turning keys,
I was setting people free,
I was doing alright.

Then you came along,
With a suitcase and a song,
Turned my head around.
Now I'm so alone,
Just looking for a home
In every place I see.

I'm the freedom man,
I'm the freedom man,
I'm the freedom man,
That's how lucky I am.
Andy Christ 666
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The Boors. Absolute pish. Drugged up, hippy rawk pish at that.
Jim Morrison = Image
In my opinion.
James Blast
Banned

I can go there Andy and may I add: psuedo Native American drug induced 60s bollocks, revolution Mahn! wrapped up in a reasonable drummer, very guid guitar player, stunning front man with a beautiful voice and an absolute wankstain on kybds.
Morrison smells bad, alive and dead but he could hold a crowd and could croon. Imagine how majestic The Doors woulda sounded with Keith Emerson on kybs!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

itnAklipse wrote:But the garbage Jeffersons Airplane members said was the worst, along with the producer, paul rothchild.
...and what did they say?
I was under the impression Rothchild was one of his true friends :?

And by the way, for what it's worth (in the main) I agree with Marks comments. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:as one door opens... http://www.planetrock.co.uk/article.asp?id=722212
Should be interesting..well, for me anyway.
I wonder who's doing the Jim impression now?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.