new business model for eldritch? the nin approach

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
czuczu
Overbomber

But I don't want Cast, Cornershop or I Like Trains to release any more records, haven't we had aenough already? :(
James Blast
Banned

good points, well made
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'm not an über fan, I guess, because I'm neither a collector, nor a vinyl freak. But I wouldn't bat an eye to pay twice as much as your regular CD price, or even a little more than twice, for a beautiful digipak with liner notes and photos. I sometimes buy classical or jazz albums anyway, where everyone knows you have to pay a little more. Only with pop music you have to throw stuff after people almost for free.
Personally I don't even need any fancy bonuses, you have no idea how much I crave simply just for some studio photos. Nothing against live pictures, but we have been spoilt in the past. And even though that it is a few years ago, I can't step back behind that. Like that Spex cover with Eldritch in white, in a white room. "Iconic", so to say.
Now that I revealed how shallow I am... :oops: ;D ... back to the music. For me, even an official release of one of their recent concerts would do. We have brilliant bootlegs, but a proper remaster - I don't have words for how much that would mean to me.
Machine Regime
Amphetamine Filth

The reason Eldritch won't appease us with any more releases - ever - is because he's left it so long now, that a release as tightfisted as so much as a thirty-second intro teaser would make us cream ourselves to the point where there's nothing left of us but mummified corpses - thereby eliminating Von's entire existing fanbase, such as it is, in one fell swoop.
People do so like to help you keep your feet on the ground
_emma_
Overbomber

now that's good points well made too :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:good points, well made
Seconded.
And latest GoF is so bad music that is not even a pale shadow of their great past.
A.Eldritch wrote:I don't know why you gotta be so over-demanding
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

Be careful with your words, Andrew reads this forum too, of course.
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
iesus
Overbomber

Machine Regime wrote:... mummified corpses ...
That sounds more like a Rob Zombie video clip than a Sisters ;D

At least i think many of us can survive such a situation and there is a better chance to raise the numbers of the fanbase to eliminate any loses :lol:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."