EUROPE 2009 !

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
aims
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:...
Oi! If you don't go all Ez on that post sharpish, you might have jinxed it for the lot of us :lol:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I thought there might be more to come after the US dates. I'd be very surprised if there aren't more to come, including the UK and probably a few more European countries.

Nothing on the official site yet, but we probably won't see anything until ten minutes before the gigs kick off.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
aims
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:I thought there might be more to come after the US dates. I'd be very surprised if there aren't more to come, including the UK and probably a few more European countries.

Nothing on the official site yet, but we probably won't see anything until ten minutes before the gigs kick off.
Ten minutes before?

The official site is the very model of a Monday morning quarterback ;)
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I had to look up "Monday morning quarterback". I come from a country where we don't strap on 25 pounds of body armour just to play rugby.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Methedrome wrote:Good authority would suggest there will be no Sisters gigs in January and the first part of February.
Still a bit early for me to manage damnit! I just hope they'll play some dates in April, when I'll have more holidays to spare. Otherwise I may face the prospect of really pissing off my boss and taking some unpaid leave :lol:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

robertzombie wrote:According to Ben, Andrew frequently talks about releasing something :D
That's not new, is it?!
"as we walk on the floodland"
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

According to Ben, Andrew frequently talks about releasing something
Do you think he does that just to keep the new guys believing there might be a light at the end of the tunnel? That they're not just hired hands and that they may actually make some money at some point and hence should stick around for a while?
Do I drive or am I driven?
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Arrrgh! wrote:
According to Ben, Andrew frequently talks about releasing something
Do you think he does that just to keep the new guys believing there might be a light at the end of the tunnel? That they're not just hired hands and that they may actually make some money at some point and hence should stick around for a while?
Exactly. Any other reason would surprise me a lot :|
iesus
Overbomber

I remembered one of the dialogues in the end of teachers/on the wire during a decade of 90's concert that :von: tells to the crowd:
"we're the light at the end of your sorry little tunnel..." or something like that.... :lol: :lol: :twisted:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Silver_Owl
The Don

Ozpat wrote:
robertzombie wrote:According to Ben, Andrew frequently talks about releasing something :D
That's not new, is it?!
This time Pat maybe it is. :D

Put it this way....I am led to believe (don't ask from where) there is more than an element of truth to this statement.

Image = Image
Last edited by Silver_Owl on 01 Oct 2008, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

Put it this way....I am led to believe (don't ask from where) there is more than element of truth to this statement.
Really, it's nice that you seem to believe that this might happen, but at this stage, even if a shiny new sisters record were to have been recorded, a distribution contract signed, artwork created, packaging ordered, release dates announced and promotional activity commenced . . . .

I still genuinely wouldn't believe it.

In short, even if Mr Eldritch himself played you the record, it would still mean nothing. To quote the Simpsons:

Hot Blonde: "But Duffman, you told me you loved me!"
Duffman: "Duffman says a lot of things."

Likewise, Eldritch says lots of stuff. The bottom line is that he has demonstrated that he doesn't intend to release another record. If he did, he would have. He didn't, therefore he doesn't - or at least that's the most reasonable assumption.

However, he knows that if he actually articulates that fact in an interview or in any way that gets authortively back to the fans, if he says that, then he knows he will hasten the end of the touring business he has. He makes great money for the effort involved, and would be a fool to throw that away. Therefore, we are where we are.

I hope they play Dublin next year - they haven't been here for 11 years and it would be great to see them again.
Do I drive or am I driven?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

iesus wrote:I remembered one of the dialogues in the end of teachers/on the wire during a decade of 90's concert that :von: tells to the crowd:
"we're the light at the end of your sorry little tunnel..." or something like that.... :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Aye....one of the "visions at forum" on 23-02-1998. :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

so, where are we all meeting up? ;D

koln/cologne seems like a good option and i aint never been there 'afore 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
neardark
Road Kill

That´s nice!!
Europe 2009 seems really good!!!
Hope more shows to be announced!!!
Regards.
Domingo.
2011...on road again...
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The Euro dates are extremely exciting - I think we will be making the journey for some of these dates!!! How exciting!!
And I may get to meet some of you lovely folks face to face! How wonderful... now if there was just a glimmer of hope for a tour in Oz.....hmmmm...
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:I'll do everything I can to get the Z-mobile driving to Koeln, I've said I wanted to see them in Germany for far too long now :lol: ;D
Can I get a ride? :innocent:
in dub we trust
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

radiojamaica wrote:
Obviousman wrote:I'll do everything I can to get the Z-mobile driving to Koeln, I've said I wanted to see them in Germany for far too long now :lol: ;D
Don't forget to come pick me up please! :D
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote:koln/cologne seems like a good option and i aint never been there 'afore 8)
Now there's an idea...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

splintered thing wrote: now if there was just a glimmer of hope for a tour in Oz.....hmmmm...
Well, mail your promoters to see if they know the Sisters are on a world tour right now - I'd say the chances for Aus are looking better than ever. The Sisters have time, they are on tour, are not so expensive anymore, and from what we know they have their last American date in a city with nonstop flights to Oz.

Always worth a try :wink:
psichonaut
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:
@ Zeno
rent a bus!!!! ;D
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

MadameButterfly wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:
Of course the two of you can, mind you, you don't want to sit in the back and there's not much room for luggage either :lol:

@Debs: You would have to take the train to Antwerp though, Amsterdam is a bit out of the direction :oops: Hope you don't mind :wink:

And in general I need to figure out how I can let this pass at my job, if it's not too busy I'm sure I can work a bit later the days before and a bit earlier the day itself as it's on a Friday, no?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Image ;D
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

markfiend wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:koln/cologne seems like a good option and i aint never been there 'afore 8)
Now there's an idea...
You both know it makes sense. 8)
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

;D
Hamburg show is so nice tho... Finally the totenkopf is home.
guns & cars & accidents
lachert
Overbomber

spandau ballet... 8)
long live rock'n'roll