Eldritch's Lyrics.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

mandrake wrote:His play with words inspired me. As ofcourse T.S Elliot inspired Eldritch.
Are you sure it isn't the other way around, space being curved, and all..?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

EvilBastard wrote:
mandrake wrote:His play with words inspired me. As ofcourse T.S Elliot inspired Eldritch.
Apparently it is in Leeds. So entirely possible. :lol:

I seem to remember this answer in an interview somewheres - can't remember when or which one though.
...with the wind in our face and our arms open wide...
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

EvilBastard wrote:
oh yeah ofcourse! duh. As was Shelley, Shakespeare and Lewis Carroll. All listening to The Sisters when writing their greatest work..only in Leeds.... :twisted:
darkparticle

I'm only here for the lesbian vampires, hope they're pacifists...and then a vampire slayer in the buff too.

Meanwhile,

...Interesting EvilBastard could be that all the romantics, maybe even the metaphysical poets were inspired by the vision of a certain Andrew Eldritch singing rock and roll lyrics inspired by their own works...who can say?
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

:von: wrote mainly about
sex, violence and love

sex, violence in sex, sex in violence.
violence, violence in life, violence in geopolitics and violence in violence.
love, love in violence and violence in love.
and of course of not being sssslow.

and of course lesbian Japanese vampire. but i prefer straight Japanese, takeaway.

and a sha la la la
eotunun
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:and of course lesbian Japanese vampire. but i prefer straight Japanese, takeaway.

and a sha la la la
with laser beams from outer space. And atomic bombs.
There is shadow under this red rock
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

eotunun wrote:
Bartek wrote:and of course lesbian Japanese vampire. but i prefer straight Japanese, takeaway.

and a sha la la la
with laser beams from outer space. And atomic bombs.
yeah, you got me i forgot about that :oops:
sistereurope
Road Kill

Sha la la la. I find the way he sings 'she needs you like she needs her tranqs' in Alice phenomenally erotic, for some reason

But that's just me
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

sistereurope wrote:Sha la la la. I find the way he sings 'she needs you like she needs her tranqs' in Alice phenomenally erotic, for some reason

But that's just me
I find the way he sings a lot of stuff phenomenally erotic myself - and I thought it was just me too (well, not around here, but in, you know, real life most people I know don't hear it - course most of them aren't fans either :?) The voice, the lyrics, the music, the beat, it all comes together perfectly in most (not all) of the songs - even songs not really about sex have a certain energy about them. It's stuff like that that I tend to find sexy, rather than songs and music that are much more obvious and explicit - too boring. I love the sexual undertones that run through the music, Sisters or otherwise.

Hmm - "even songs not really about sex have a certain energy about them" - who am I kidding, they're all about sex aren't they? We just went over this. :lol:
sistereurope
Road Kill

It is a well-known fact that intelligence, literary and philisophical knowledge - and the ability to use them well - and dark humour are the greatest aphrodisiacs known to mankind. Add to that a fine red wine and the occasional shot of whiskey and you have the perfect mix.

Dance the ghost with me indeed!
_emma_
Overbomber

Nicole wrote:and I thought it was just me too
Well as a matter of fact, we are a legion.
Just don't get me started..... :lol:
sistereurope
Road Kill

Oh go on - get started!

I just love the fact that 'dance the ghost with me' is a Shelley-esque way of saying 'get your coat, you've pulled'
_emma_
Overbomber

sistereurope wrote:Oh go on - get started!
My ex became an alcoholic and then finally left me, after many years of myself repetedly choosing to spend nights with my headphones on instead of having normal human sex with him. :D
That's just for starters. :D

Friday afternoon, and my German tickets have just arrived, wahoooo! :kiss:
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

sistereurope wrote:It is a well-known fact that intelligence, literary and philisophical knowledge - and the ability to use them well - and dark humour are the greatest aphrodisiacs known to mankind.
Couldn't agree with you more. It's how I first noticed my boyfriend, matter of fact. I was working at a cafe years ago and he'd come in for coffee a few times a week, often making smart ass comments at the counter as I got his coffee. Could tell he had that dark and twisted sense of humour and was also quite well read, quite knowledgeable particularly in sociology, philosophy, higher mathematics and chemistry. Didn't hurt that I thought he was absolutely adorable either and wore Sisters and Thrill Kill tees under respectable looking button down shirts and a leather jacket. ;D After we finally got together (outside of chatting on my smoke breaks at work) he admitted that the first time he walked in and saw me working he said to himself "I want that one" :lol: Even before learning we had similar senses of humor and taste in music and books and a lot to chat about in general. Not quite love at first sight, but, funny how things work out sometimes. Hah, now that you've heard how we met - sorry, got carried away. I still smile when I remember us first meeting, and running into each other at work for months before *really* talking much beyond a comment here and there.

The mind is definitely important in attraction, one of the most important things. Intelligence and dark humour are indeed powerful aphrodisiacs - well, for me and lots of us here it appears anyways. I know it turns some people off too though I have a hard time understanding why, but hey, everyone's different.
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote:My ex became an alcoholic and then finally left me, after many years of myself repetedly choosing to spend nights with my headphones on instead of having normal human sex with him. :D
Even better is both (the music, not necessarily headphones) at the same time. :D I'm lucky enough to have a significant other with similar musical taste though - well, for the most part. We wholeheartedly agree on Sisters. As much as I love music, reading, playing around on the internet, various hobbies of my own, silence and complete solitude (which I do need regularly) - I also *need* human contact, mental emotional and physical. I get real cranky with no contact for a time - or no time at all to just be by myself and completely alone for a bit. It's a delicate balance really, one I've gotten better with and still am getting better at working.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ah literary, philosophical blah is fine as long as the person is cute. Way of the world...
The Chancer Corporation
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

abridged wrote:Ah literary, philosophical blah is fine as long as the person is cute. Way of the world...
The testosterone-driven side is heard from... :wink:

I suspect that one's chromosomal pattern plays a significant role on what one hears in the lyrics.
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

sistereurope wrote:It is a well-known fact that intelligence, literary and philisophical knowledge - and the ability to use them well - and dark humour are the greatest aphrodisiacs known to mankind. Add to that a fine red wine and the occasional shot of whiskey and you have the perfect mix.

Dance the ghost with me indeed!
Not boobies then?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

fave lyrics by the man:

"to die in dreams, dissolve and fade"

"pass the crystal, spread the tarot, in illusion comfort lies"

"i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened"

"Give me ever the years you wept inside when cold
All the sins and secrets never cried
All the dreams you kept and the tears you sold
Give me
Give me ever and always
Ever and always
Body and soul"

"words are just dust in deserts of sound"

to name but a few.

and untitled.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
_emma_
Overbomber

abridged wrote:Ah literary, philosophical blah is fine as long as the person is cute. Way of the world...
I don't agree. A person may not seem cute at all until you've had a good chat with them. Well, at least in my world. Same the other way round, no jingling bracelets or eyeliner will buy me if the person is stupid.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

You're absolutely right of course. Though to many the literary, philosophical blah are ammunition in a 'You could be the one' mode. Personally being old and in a world where people shout I'm not easily impressed. Though I often give the opposite impression! :twisted:
The Chancer Corporation
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

_emma_ wrote:A person may not seem cute at all until you've had a good chat with them. Well, at least in my world. Same the other way round, no jingling bracelets or eyeliner will buy me if the person is stupid.
Not just in your world. It's an established psychological fact that, the more you like someone, the more attractive they are likely to become to you.
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:fave lyrics by the man:

"to die in dreams, dissolve and fade"

"pass the crystal, spread the tarot, in illusion comfort lies"

"i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened"

"Give me ever the years you wept inside when cold
All the sins and secrets never cried
All the dreams you kept and the tears you sold
Give me
Give me ever and always
Ever and always
Body and soul"

"words are just dust in deserts of sound"

to name but a few.

and untitled.
Some of mine too. What's the first one? It doesn't ring any bells.
pearson

stufarq wrote: Some of mine too. What's the first one? It doesn't ring any bells.
welcome to the "heartland"-forum! :wink: :D
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

stufarq wrote:
_emma_ wrote:A person may not seem cute at all until you've had a good chat with them. Well, at least in my world. Same the other way round, no jingling bracelets or eyeliner will buy me if the person is stupid.
Not just in your world. It's an established psychological fact that, the more you like someone, the more attractive they are likely to become to you.
Absolutely - it's really interesting stuff. I remember reading an article on a study that was done that pretty much came up with those results, and I've experienced it myself of course.
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

stufarq wrote:What's the first one? It doesn't ring any bells.
Heartland wrote:Lay me down the long white line
Leave the sirens far behind me
Paint my name in black and gold
My heart my flame my heart my road
My heartland fade across the line
Heartland sing the faces shining
In the failing failing failing
Heartland make the places mine

Clearly now the past mistakes
The giant steps we had to take
The path that ever promise made to
Die in dreams dissolve and fade