Thus Spoke Eldritch

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
mh
Above the Chemist

I wanna believe too, but after "Made Glorious Summer" when everything was geared up to happen but didn't, I'm not gonna celebrate until I'm holding some physical product in my dirty little mitts. (Likewise I ain't gonna be too upset if it doesn't happen, for the same reason ;D )
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Now and then I drink so much i forget about the idea the Sisters made an album at all in their career.

Do it, try it at home, it's great when you crawl through your vomit and find a plastic prehistoric disc: hey, what's this? WOW, a Sisters album!

Vision Thing never sounded that powerful.

In the meantime, i skip this hobby of hoping and watching shows where Dok bangs the drum. This war is over.
guns & cars & accidents
_emma_
Overbomber

To be honest, to me this entire interview seems made up.
circle
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Seems like an April Fools day :twisted:

And anyway, would you really want a A Slight Case of Overbombing Part 2? :twisted:

IF it were true, it would only have some interest if we could have a historic perspective, and the versions of "Summer", "Crash and Burn", etc. appeared in versions recorded at the time of their creation, not played by this band that, lets face it, it's the weaker so far. :evil:

I wouldn't buy it :evil:

Who am I kidding, I would buy it, and probably like it... :oops: It's better to start therapy soon. :eek:
aims
Overbomber

circle wrote:IF it were true, it would only have some interest if we could have a historic perspective, and the versions of "Summer", "Crash and Burn", etc. appeared in versions recorded at the time of their creation, not played by this band that, lets face it, it's the weaker so far. :evil:
You'll probably find that that's far from consensus.
Grey Fox
Road Kill

_emma_ wrote:To be honest, to me this entire interview seems made up.
To me too. I think it's fake. Remember Von's ridiculous interview in one russian rock magazine printed somewhere in the middle 90s - in the fist part of those text correspondent frankly says, that didn't understand some words.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Motz wrote:
circle wrote:I... this band that, lets face it, it's the weaker so far. :evil:
You'll probably find that that's far from consensus.
Seconded. Some may not care for the band's current 'style' - that's a personal taste thing - but 'weak' is definitely the wrong adjective, whether you like it or not.

And I like it fine! 8) Not to mention the fact that Chris and Ben have apparently been able to get Von moving in a way that hasn't happened in some time, for which we should all be forever grateful. :notworthy: :kiss:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

we are talking about "art" so nowadays he can disagree with your opinions ( especially that you're not a pro music critics, aren't you ? :wink:)
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I think Von should be invited to the Leeds aftershow party on Weds to get hideously pissed & hope he tells all. 8)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Purple Light wrote:I think Von should be invited to the Leeds aftershow party on Weds to get hideously pissed & hope he tells all. 8)
Good luck with that... :wink:

Make sure it includes everything about the origins of Arms, too. ;D
--Elizabeth von Arnim
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

From the link dtsom posted in another thread:
Chris Catalyst wrote:You never know... we're always writing and recording.
(my emphasis)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:You never know... we're always writing and recording.
Himself has said the same in the past...but I'm too lazy to go trawling through all my file to locate specific references, so you'll have to trust my memory on it. :wink:

I'm thinking he's finally/nearly accumulated enough material that he's satisfied with that he could get something release-able out of it. On the other hand, my faith knows no bounds... :roll:
--Elizabeth von Arnim
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

if it's a made up interview it's pretty lame. why bother, unless you think tricking HLers into posting thread no. 32254354765etc on the theme of "when....what if.....please-before-i-die...." etc makes you some kind of evil puppeteer? i mean -it's not like we need much encouragement is it? nowhere near as good as the bird who hangs out in strip-clubs who thinks von would rather shag her than any one of a horde of groupies half her age who aren't married (her college-age daughter perhaps?)

no, i'm going to be optimistic and agree with mr.fiend. liverpool for the title and a new sisters album -well worth waiting 19 years for.

p.s.- this line-up is the best for a long, long while and any new product will be a lot to do with the energy that they have brought to the big machine, IMO. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Agreed Lee 8)

Edit: well, apart from the Kopite rubbish :P :kiss:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Completely agree too Lee.

Especially the kopite bit. :wink: 8)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

7anthea7 wrote:
Make sure it includes everything about the origins of Arms, too. ;D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes please all that can be found, even if coming from Brothers (Sister) Grimm.
_emma_
Overbomber

OK, here's a rough translation of the 3rd question:

Q: You've been living in Hamburg for over 20 years now. Why did you decide to leave your hometown Leeds and the UK?

A: Hamburg is my place on earth. I feel free and safe there. I've always liked Germany and the Germans very much. It's a realy wonderful country and people. And Hamburg is a lively and colourful city, which never sleeps. There's plenty of interesting things going on there all the time.

You still think this is the genuine Eldritch speaking this? If he is, he's either very drunk or just very angry at hearing the same questions over and over again and hence taking the p*ss. Or just playing an April Fool's joke.
In my opinion.
800mak
Road Kill

_emma_ wrote: You still think this is the genuine Eldritch speaking this? If he is, he's either very drunk or just very angry at hearing the same questions over and over again and hence taking the p*ss. Or just playing an April Fool's joke.
In my opinion.

It's certainly strange... that doesn't sounds like him... :eek:
Tune in

Turn on

Burn out