sisters logo on front cover of new 'classic rock'

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
James Blast
Banned

I'm very fond of [color=green]TON[/color] and yes Bartek, waste some time
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

thank you for answer Mr. B.last.
it looks like a bollocks so i don't mind to read this and waste memeory on HD in my big head.
pikkrong
Overbomber

is this magazine on sale yet?
do i drive
or am i driven
lachert
Overbomber

in the world of brain chips and other mnemonic stuff, at least we've got scans :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: that's the progress ;D
long live rock'n'roll
pikkrong
Overbomber

lachert wrote:
in the world of brain chips and other mnemonic stuff, at least we've got scans :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: that's the progress ;D
yes, thanks to everyone involved in uploading :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
but i've got a new computer as well and now all letters and marks are smaller and smaller than previously :(
do i drive
or am i driven
lachert
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:
lachert wrote:
yes, thanks to everyone involved in uploading :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
but i've got a new computer as well and now all letters and marks are smaller and smaller than previously :(
maybe your monitor resolution changed to higher, or maybe you're so old that you must change something with font size display in control panel to see clearly :twisted: :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
Being645
Wiki Wizard

pikkrong wrote:is this magazine on sale yet?
It's the Summer 2009 edition of of Classic Rock and was published in June.
You can order it online as a back issue - in case you've got a credit card ...
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Many Thanks,culprit!
pikkrong
Overbomber

@ Lachert, yes the resolution of my so-called computer (or rather a notebook) is higher, and oh yes, i'm older, much older than 2 years ago. in every respect.
@ Being, thank you for your good advice :notworthy: and :notworthy: to another H-lander who already helped me otherwise.
8)
do i drive
or am i driven
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Jesus, these bands mentioned in the article. It is unbelievable. I mean, Lacuna Coil...?

To me it's more early ARE Weapons and loads of rip off 'electro' bands that have more in common w/ Sisters
guns & cars & accidents
Being645
Wiki Wizard

dinky daisy wrote:Jesus, these bands mentioned in the article. It is unbelievable. I mean, Lacuna Coil...?

To me it's more early ARE Weapons and loads of rip off 'electro' bands that have more in common w/ Sisters
:lol:

Perhaps they wanted to support this nicely elaborated application by creating an idea of a profitable environment ...

I really love the photo taken from up the stage scaffolding ... ;D : :notworthy:
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:Jesus, these bands mentioned in the article. It is unbelievable. I mean, Lacuna Coil...?

adding insult to injury, they mention evanescence too :urff:

*shudder*

@ culprit - ta muchly for the upload btw :D :notworthy: :notworthy:
copper
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for the upload.

Interesting article. Von's basically saying he wouldn't completely rule out a release, but wouldn't care to work with a record company. He even sounds partial towards an non-traditional release (should a release of any kind ever occur) due to financial constraints.

Would've been interesting to hear his thoughts on the Radiohead/Saul Williams route, as his concerns about a release ending up a costly matter are certainly valid in the days of filesharing. A physical release could end up looking like an economic throwaway after the piracy factor has been accounted for.

Although I must admit, the thought of The Sisters USB sticks containing a new song or two being sold at the Reptile House merch stands does bring a smile on my face.
"I hold myself personally responsible for Nine Inch Nails (among others), but not for the fact that they look like Alien Sex Fiend." - Von, '95
James Blast
Banned

another dreamer, oh puh~leez!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
sultan2075
Overbomber

Non-traditional release=tape it yourself at the show.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

sultan2075 wrote:Non-traditional release=tape it yourself at the show.
... for your daughters or so ... : :lol: : :notworthy: : :lol: : ...
lachert
Overbomber

still, live is live, na, na, na :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Fair point methinks :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

copper wrote: ... Although I must admit, the thought of The Sisters USB sticks containing a new song or two being sold at the Reptile House merch
stands does bring a smile on my face.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ... yeah in frosted chrome, black or silver, or multicoloured, with the recent logo,

and including some nice photos, the last interview and an HQ-vid of - for example - Good Things ... :notworthy: ;D ... :lol:
mistressteal
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:
copper wrote: ... Although I must admit, the thought of The Sisters USB sticks containing a new song or two being sold at the Reptile House merch
:lol: :lol: :lol: ... yeah in frosted chrome, black or silver, or multicoloured, with the recent logo,

and including some nice photos, the last interview and an HQ-vid of - for example - Good Things ... :notworthy: ;D ... :lol:

in a black velvet purple silk lined pouchette?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

mistressteal wrote:
Being645 wrote:

in a black velvet purple silk lined pouchette?
:eek: ... :roll: ... if necessary ... :lol: ... well, alternatively, in yellow, green or blue spandex or black leather, respectively ... :lol:
DrG
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Now I am getting wet. :eek: :lol:

Thanks for sharing the interview... I rather liked it. 8)
wah-hoo
let's do the war on drugs

Trip the light fantastic
greensunsets
Road Kill

The man's a genius; a outlaw in every sense of the word (and that's what makes his charm)
He perfectly understood the flaws of our contemporary subculture and exploits it -and us- brilliantly, thus being able to be famous for not being famous.

The question is not if he needs to release new material, or even if he wants to, but why would he do it or not. And as there is no answer to that, while he seems completely happy with his nowadays experience of so-called freedom, there is no need, for US, to expect any new release.

For further information, I suggest reading Levinas' Totality and Infinity and leave it at that (although doing both is a bit difficult).
James Blast
Banned

Yir Erse! he's jist a lazy bastard
~ Peter Steele