the personality

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

but in that breath, he keeps on performing for us all over the world.
i wouldn't want to meet you either if you wanted to punch my lights out for squandering such a talent! he doesn't treat us like pricks either, he in fact does gigs in the home countries of some of our users.

we are not being sold short ~ we are allowed to come out of our holes and this place to see him perform live.

if i was his personality i would do exactly the same thing.

he is a good person james....there is not doubt in that.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Being645
Above the Chemist

stufarq wrote:... but the only choir Von's ever sung with is the Chorus of Vengeance.
:lol: ... I'd love to agree to you ... :lol:

but I think it's not all that true ... :roll:
James Blast
Banned

MadameButterfly wrote:he is a good person james....there is not doubt in that.
prove it, just the facts
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

James Blast wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:he is a good person james....there is not doubt in that.
prove it, just the facts
the facts from what i know from others?

* he is a quiet person
* he is someone that will give you a second or two as a fan
* he is a people~person within his friend group
* he still takes the stage and is a god within TSOM.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Europa
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:nope and he never wants to meet me, 'cause I'd punch his fuckin' lights out for squandering such a talent and treating us like pricks

I like here, but I'm fed up being sold short = CUNT!
What a business that you're viewed like that for making your own choices.

Squandered talent? Isn't it our own choice what job we do if at all? He is just fortunate in that his career choice allows him to choose how to and when to work, and that he can still support himself. Sold short? You don't have to attend gigs or care? I don't understand why you're so angry? Frankly having done the opposite for years I always put myself first now and don't see that I owe anyone anything other than not willfully harming anyone. I don't see his choices as any different. He's doing what he wants to do and living a normal life. Power to him.
Om began to feel the acute depression that steals over every realist in the presence of an optimist.
Europa
Amphetamine Filth

Who knows if he's a good person. What's a good person? I like the music, the opinions and the world view and that is good enough for me.
Om began to feel the acute depression that steals over every realist in the presence of an optimist.
James Blast
Banned

ppffffff.....

let's just move on, I have some bread in the oven
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Above the Chemist

In addition to what has already been said, a short look back might tell you
that surely not everything has come the way he might have chosen ...

So many things went so damned wrong ... I wouldn't contend he had been all that lucky so far ...

;D ... However, a good bread in the oven is always a reason to calm down for a moment ... :lol:

Have a nice meal. ... :wink:
James Blast
Banned

he's a paranoid freak afraid of failure which = EPIC FAIL!

tit
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Above the Chemist

:( ... perhaps you were ashamed, if you knew the truth ... sorry for that.

And secondly - I can't see any paranoid freak afraid of failure in someone
who has never given up playing concerts all over the world ...

To the contrary, I really like and enjoy his stubbornness ... ;D ... :notworthy: ...

tat ... :lol:
Moakahontas
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
And secondly - I can't see any paranoid freak afraid of failure in someone
who has never given up playing concerts all over the world ...

To the contrary, I really like and enjoy his stubbornness ... ;D ... :notworthy: ...

tat ... :lol:

:notworthy: ..cannot agree more..
mh
Above the Chemist

Pffft, what I do know for certain is that he turned up doon t'pub in Leeds after the last gig there. That's gotta count for something. And Chris is happy to play with him, so that's good enough for me. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
lachert
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:he's a paranoid freak afraid of failure which = EPIC FAIL!

tit
unfortunately, it's true :(
long live rock'n'roll
EvilBastard
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:ppffffff.....

Wha' wha' wha'? You're giving up on what has the makings of a great argument, based as it is on the slimmest of information (I would think that there's maybe 3 people on here who have a better idea of what the guy's personality is like than what is gleaned from the pages of the music press and the odd meeting in a pub)...because you're pregnant?! :eek:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Silver_Owl
The Don

EvilBastard wrote:

Wha' wha' wha'? You're giving up on what has the makings of a great argument, based as it is on the slimmest of information (I would think that there's maybe 3 people on here who have a better idea of what the guy's personality is like than what is gleaned from the pages of the music press and the odd meeting in a pub)...because you're pregnant?! :eek:
Congrats Iris. :)
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Europa
Amphetamine Filth

Okay I didn't realise. James maybe this will settle your hormones and the argument...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ImchDvFU6Q

Isn't this why we're here?! :twisted: "He's got tomahawk missiles in his hands" :eek:
eotunun
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:

Congrats Iris. :)
:lol: I just know she'll be a happy dad, :lol:
There is shadow under this red rock
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

Of course, most of us will never know for sure whether, privately, Eldritch is a good person or a c**t but his public persona over the years has always swayed very heavily towards "c**t". Banging out the crowd-pleasers to Sisters fans on tour every couple of years sheds no light whatsoever on what he's like as a person but, from a career point of view, it is playing it rather more safely than actually releasing new recordings to the mercy of the wider market, so James does have a point there.

But surely a person's character has got nothing at all to do with how talented they are. Eldritch could steal grannies' mobility scooters, kick puppies and come out in support of David Cameron, it wouldn't change my opinion that he's made some bloody brilliant records. On the other hand, I've met That Guitarist and, from the short period I spent talking to him, I found him a friendly, charming, patient and all round nice person. It didn't change my opinion that his records are a pile of poo.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:he's a paranoid freak afraid of failure which = EPIC FAIL!

tit
couldn't say it better. and current gigs it's just a flogging this horse.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Europa wrote:Okay I didn't realise. James maybe this will settle your hormones and the argument...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ImchDvFU6Q

Isn't this why we're here?! :twisted: "He's got tomahawk missiles in his hands" :eek:
Thank you, "Europa". Thanks.
Europa
Amphetamine Filth

If you enjoyed 645 then I'm glad 8)
Being645
Above the Chemist

Enjoyed ... :lol: ... pretty much, and - somewhat extensively, I guess ... thanks again ...
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

James Blast wrote:you were doing so well up till here
stufarq wrote:[the Chorus of Vengeance.
it's a pissing game and I won't be party to it
You mean because the rest was true but he didn't actually sing on Gift? Or because it was a horribly strained and trite metaphor that should never have been allowed to live?
James Blast wrote:Mr. E's a cunt and Lovelock wrote some heinous tunes and words - let us move on from these silly old men's games
So that's how you get past the swear filter!

Buggery bollocks.
James Blast
Banned

aye
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Above the Chemist

... and not even bold ... :D ...