Sisters @ ARTmania Festival 2010

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

If anyone considers flying via Munich, let me know, maybe I can help.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Erudite wrote:Flights from Glasgow are looking both expensive and indirect - one stop off with time varying from about six to twelve hours! :| :eek:
Yes touring from Scotland can be an expensive business. I'm used to indirect flights but not at that price! I may need to take the extra day off work and go via Luton. I'm waiting tohear back from a travel agent to look into it but I doubt they'll come up with anything better.
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Sita

Being645 wrote:Wow ... ;D ... what a pretty place, thanks for the picture ... ;D ...

and all your other infos as well ...

Do you know, how to get a ticket if one lives outside Romania, btw ... :?:
Did you check that Blue Air link from doulfe? Köln->"Hermannstadt" aka Sibiu €19,99 :eek:
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Andrew S wrote: Yes touring from Scotland can be an expensive business. I'm used to indirect flights but not at that price! I may need to take the extra day off work and go via Luton. I'm waiting tohear back from a travel agent to look into it but I doubt they'll come up with anything better.
Is that with Sleazy Jet?
Guess I'd get Aberdeen - Luton, too.

Starting to look like more hassle than I can take, but I've never been to Romania, which makes it rather appealing.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Sita wrote:
Being645 wrote:Wow ... ;D ... what a pretty place, thanks for the picture ... ;D ...

and all your other infos as well ...

Do you know, how to get a ticket if one lives outside Romania, btw ... :?:
Did you check that Blue Air link from doulfe? Köln->"Hermannstadt" aka Sibiu €19,99 :eek:
extremely cheap and v e r y tempting ... :D ...
Sita

Being645 wrote: extremely cheap and v e r y tempting ... :D ...
Indeed! And the "venue" looks beautiful :D
Being645
Above the Chemist

Sita wrote:
Being645 wrote: extremely cheap and v e r y tempting ... :D ...
Indeed! And the "venue" looks beautiful :D
It looks wonderful ... really a great photo ... ;D ...
However, back and fro tickets were about 140€ in the end ... :wink: ...

Anyway since I live in Cologne, I could as well accommodate anyone overnight wishing to go to Sibiu from here ... :D ...
Sita

Being645 wrote:
Sita wrote:
Being645 wrote: However, back and fro tickets were about 140€ in the end ... :wink: ...
Pfffhh!!! Advertising! I hate it when they do that. Would have been too nice :roll: ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

It's still not t h a t expensive, is it? ... :wink: ...
Big Si
School Bully

Erudite wrote:
Andrew S wrote: Yes touring from Scotland can be an expensive business. I'm used to indirect flights but not at that price! I may need to take the extra day off work and go via Luton. I'm waiting tohear back from a travel agent to look into it but I doubt they'll come up with anything better.
Is that with Sleazy Jet?
Guess I'd get Aberdeen - Luton, too.

Starting to look like more hassle than I can take, but I've never been to Romania, which makes it rather appealing.
I cannae get the time off work to go :x :(
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Big Si wrote:

Again? :eek:

What sort of holiday system are they running?
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Big Si
School Bully

Erudite wrote:
Big Si wrote:

Again? :eek:

What sort of holiday system are they running?
Only 1 allowed off per team (there's 6 people in each of the 3 teams). It's to cover sickness absence and other excuses for skiving off :wink: The majority of the staff in the office are women, so there is a lot of absence throughout the year :?
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Europa
Amphetamine Filth

I'm getting tempted by this one now :?
Om began to feel the acute depression that steals over every realist in the presence of an optimist.
doulfe
Amphetamine Filth

Tickets available outside Romania now.

Not available for Germany... yet.
It's a small world and it smells funny Image
Europa
Amphetamine Filth

Cool thank-you.

I'm still undecided though....7am flight back to Luton, the airport I swore I'd never use again. :evil:

I have looked at turning the whole thing into my trip to Berlin (in between Belgium and Sibiu) but it looks like a nightmare (and expensive) trying to get from Berlin to Sibiu. :|
Om began to feel the acute depression that steals over every realist in the presence of an optimist.
doulfe
Amphetamine Filth

It is a nightmare trying to get to Romania from Berlin. The only practical option seems to be Lufthansa (via Frankfurt or Munich). And that's expensive.

Luton? You should see Băneasa Airport :roll:
It's a small world and it smells funny Image
_emma_
Overbomber

Can't you people just spend about 20 hours on a bus or train and watch the beautiful views from the window? ;D My research shows that there is an overnight train from Germany to Romania in which you have compartments with beds and nice clean linen and washbasins and mirrors to fix your makeup, and there is a bar on the train which sells hot food and tea and coffe and beer. Not cheap, but probably cheaper than flying. I'd never hesitate what to choose but that's me.

As for tickets - I ordered mine at eventim.ro. I thought that the ticket would be sent to my home, but after making the payment complete it appeared the only method of receiving the ticket is to pick it up personally at the Eventim office. I thought - well no problem, I'll collect the ticket before the gig at the entrance to the festival. But no. It appears that the Eventim office is located in Bucuresti. :urff: I've e-mailed them suggesting that they open a temporary office in Sibiu at the festival, because if I have to go all the way from Sibiu to Bucuresti and back just to collect my ticket I'll be rather angry. No answer yet.
Europa
Amphetamine Filth

If it's 20 hours without smoking I suspect my scratching at the walls and wailing may disturb the other passengers.

If you've got to go all the way to Bucharest to collect your ticket that is really crap. :(
neardark
Road Kill

Just booked for Lokersen and Meraluna.

A direct flight from Madrid to Sibiu with Blue Air just for 175€!!!
See you there!!!
2011...on road again...
_emma_
Overbomber

Europa wrote:If it's 20 hours without smoking I suspect my scratching at the walls and wailing may disturb the other passengers.
Ah. :lol:
If you've got to go all the way to Bucharest to collect your ticket that is really crap. :(
I'll be fine. Lovely doulfe offered to help :notworthy: :notworthy: and we're working on sorting it out with eventim.ro, and if that's not possible I'll just go there if need be. Either way it's doable. :)
Being645
Above the Chemist

_emma_ wrote: As for tickets - I ordered mine at eventim.ro. I thought that the ticket would be sent to my home, but after making the payment complete it appeared the only method of receiving the ticket is to pick it up personally at the Eventim office. I thought - well no problem, I'll collect the ticket before the gig at the entrance to the festival. But no. It appears that the Eventim office is located in Bucuresti. :urff: I've e-mailed them suggesting that they open a temporary office in Sibiu at the festival, because if I have to go all the way from Sibiu to Bucuresti and back just to collect my ticket I'll be rather angry. No answer yet.
:urff: ... sorry to hear this, fortunately I'd noticed that bit early enough ... :urff:

a temporary office is a good idea, and cool you sent them this suggestion, _emma_ ... :notworthy: ...

German fans can order tickets along Eventim Autria now, btw ... :wink: ...
http://www.oeticket.com/portal/de/konze ... mance.html

anyway - wagonloads of thanks to doulfe ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
mugabe

The Sisters at a festival in Sibiu, Romania, in August, huh?
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
Pista
Cureboi

mugabe wrote:The Sisters at a festival in Sibiu, Romania, in August, huh?
point being?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mugabe

Pista wrote:
mugabe wrote:The Sisters at a festival in Sibiu, Romania, in August, huh?
point being?
Never heard of the place, except for it being the location of aforementioned NSBM festival.

Now I see that it was the European Capital of Culture in 2007, though. Not quite the backwater I had it pegged as.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
_emma_
Overbomber

Got a reply from eventim.ro - the ticket will be waiting for me at the gate in Sibiu, so that's sorted now. 8)