YCBTO - a confession

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Petseri
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I will start a Valentine thread then. :lol:
So much for my hope that that would not get mentioned.
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I did a quick search for the older YCBTO Appreciation Thread, but couldn't find it.
I could not find it either, but I did turn up the following for your various levels of (dis-)pleasure:

a poll
not live
of course ;D
James Blast
Banned

nice one Oh Wizard of the HL Search Engine ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Petseri
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:nice one Oh Wizard of the HL Search Engine ;D
You simply need to know how to type. :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

well how did you manage? ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
sultan2075
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
My rant there still stands; it is a pish song and can only be appreciated in the way that I like "To Hell With The Devil" by Stryper. It is so bad it goes right up Tasteless' arse and comes out on the other side as Pitiful and Worth Just One Chuckle And Done With It.

IZ.
Isn't that the whole point? There's a fine line between stupid and clever, etc. Von has always liked playing with that line.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Big Si
School Bully

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I did a quick search for the older YCBTO Appreciation Thread, but couldn't find it.
That's because the Narrow Bastard Overlord locked and deleted it :(
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Petseri
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
The Boss?

Not me this time, although in this case I fully understand and support such activity. ;D
James Blast
Banned

heinous Dude
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Petseri wrote:
Big Si wrote:
The Boss?

Not me this time, although in this case I fully understand and support such activity. ;D
One day they'll make a film of it. The Boss will be played by Colin Firth and win an Oscar.

The Deleted Thread
Be warned YOU could be the one!
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

:notworthy: weebleswobble :notworthy:
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
Machine Regime
Amphetamine Filth

YCBTO is obviously a snub at all those who wanted Von to keep the vibe black hole dark, a track so ironic it does indeed goes up its own arsehole, but is no worse a song for it - on account of being, quite frankly, fun!
People do so like to help you keep your feet on the ground
Silver_Owl
The Don

Machine Regime wrote:YCBTO is obviously a snub at all those who wanted Von to keep the vibe black hole dark, a track so ironic it does indeed goes up its own arsehole, but is no worse a song for it - on account of being, quite frankly, fun!
Nice first post. :)
Welcome.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Machine Regime
Amphetamine Filth

Cheers ears :lol:
People do so like to help you keep your feet on the ground
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Machine Regime wrote:YCBTO is obviously a snub at all those who wanted Von to keep the vibe black hole dark, a track so ironic it does indeed goes up its own arsehole, but is no worse a song for it - on account of being, quite frankly, fun!
Excellent comment. Are you :von: in disguise? :wink:
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
lachert
Overbomber

BillyBadBreaks wrote:
disguise? no. just all von, eldritch, andrew, love god, prince of darkness nicks are occupied :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
mh
Above the Chemist

Petseri wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I will start a Valentine thread then. :lol:
So much for my hope that that would not get mentioned.
Indeed.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
n'Emolicia
Amphetamine Filth

BillyBadBreaks wrote:
That occurred to me, too,
upon reading a comment he made elsewhere.
...and some of us wandered off entirely on purpose.