Married

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Being645 wrote:What is JotD? Don't know that ... :?:
Joke Of The Day. :wink:
Image ... :lol: ... thanks.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

oh ffs! where do they crawl from? :lol: :lol: :roll:

oh wait they are on tour again.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Just ignore me people, but in this thread and some others here in the 'informative' Sisters chat you are really acting like children and calling names to new members. Nutcases and otherwise.

I deleted another post like this yesterday, but The Hom inquired in PM, so I tell it here.

Stop being the HL clique. Sisters are 30, it will attract new people, or lure old lurkers out of the shadows, welcome them instead of bullying them. This is not the Rotary.

If you find something posted here offensive, tell a Mod; and if you don't like something what is posted here, stay out of the thread, nothing that simple.

End of rant, make of it what you want.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

cheers iz. i'd have to agree...

i'm not saying i haven't done it myself as i probably have, but you're correct in everything you say there :oops:

let's all take a deep breath, shall we? (myself included) and remember where we are, and were we came from from (no matter how long ago that was)

be nice.

cheers for the timely reminder iz :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Izzy HaveMercy

Thanks for the trust. :notworthy:

I just hate to see a forum that I frequent for almost 9 years now go down that alley, that's why I reacted.

As said in PM, I'm not a mod, so it's your (plural) call, but I can only point out what I think is right or wrong, as a... concerned citizen :lol:

Also, It happens in General Chat often enough, taking this to Sisters Chat was what made me react really...

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

And I'm pretty sure even I was guilty of said crime in the past! :innocent:

IZ.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

correct me if I'm wrong but was there something so much out of line? I thought it was just fun...I even though it was a second account. I don't see any harm done at all. oh well
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the sisters touring always generates a lot of new members... in the past these new members were usually here only to slag off the band after a disappointing gig :lol:

however, it seems a bit different this time: they're either happy (too happy for some of us) or just spouting gibberish (for which we can often slam them, sometimes prematurely)

whilst more seasoned members may understand that this is just the way that some members on here are and not take it personally, or that this place comes with a certain sense of humour - ie: with its tongue very firmly in its cheek - new people may not spot this. and if the new member isnt a native english speaker with anything less than a fantastic grasp of the language, it can make matters even worse

we need to not come across cliquey

i'm not saying we shouldn't be cliquey, after all it's a great club to be in, non? ;) but it's important that show it's a club anyone can join

the message is: it may be a clique, but it's an open one. wanna join? ;D :lol:

or something.

in short, stop jumping on the newbies... we were all new once (apart from me - i came with the bricks an mortar) and we've all been through that initial thing where we ask a few questions that others might think are a bit dumbass :lol:

no community is perfect, and i pride myself on HL being less like that than any other forum i've seen, but we're not immune from a little newbie-bashing unfortunately :(

the mark of a good community, as with the individuals in it, is that they learn from their mistakes and adapt their behaviour accordingly.

to wit, behave, you lot!!

and remember: this is Sisters Chat:
Heartland wrote:This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted.
End of sermon :von:
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I thought Sonya's question was cute. I mean they are a rock band! It would be a shame if girls did not fall in love with the singer, right? ;)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Sita wrote:I thought Sonya's question was cute. I mean they are a rock band! It would be a shame if girls did not fall in love with the singer, right? ;)
absolutely ;D

my mum had a crush on david "the silver dream machine" essex :lol:
Izzy HaveMercy

Quiff Boy wrote:End of sermon :von:
Time to visit the pub! :D

IZ.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

IZ.
f**king catholics :lol:
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

aww..but the noobs must be punished..well I feel better when it's done properly but if you insist I will behave.... it is such a great opportunity ;D ..okay I go nao

not really :P
Being645
Wiki Wizard

... :D ... : ... :lol: ... : ... ;D ...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

i'm sorry, i'll stop being such a bitch! :oops:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Camy
Road Kill

As for me. Is The Nurse to Dr.Avalanche single? He is quite tasteful Bear with capital B. Too bad that he is hiding behind his desk during gigs so, no meaningful eye contact with him(you know what i mean)

Altho i did wink eye at him outside the Venue(i didn't know that time that he is The Nurse).

All Big Guys receive my attention, all the time.

Hopefully i get my 2nd chance to see him.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

MadameButterfly wrote:i'm sorry, i'll stop being such a bitch! :oops:
You, a bitch? ...Image ... Well, sometimes I thought so long ago ... :lol: ...

Anyway, I can't but be the one I am, either ... 8) ... Image... :lol: ... so what ...

sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

as the T-shirt I'm wearing right now states and I quote:

" I am not a bitch, I am THE bitch and I am Miss Bitch for you"

The cat has spoken :lol:
sultan2075
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

IZ.
f**king catholics :lol:
Totally off-topic, but one of the colleges I attended was a Catholic school. Back when the legal drinking age in the US was 18, the college would purchase a few kegs of beer for the student body on Friday evenings, conveniently placed in the middle of campus. This was before my time, of course.

One day, a professor made reference to this in class. A non-Catholic student (some sort of fundamentalist I gather) asked the professor about this, commenting that it didn't seem very Christian of the school. The response? "We're a Catholic school, son. We don't fear the liquid."
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Big Si
School Bully

Camy wrote:All Big Guys receive my attention, all the time.
My mate's a Big Guy :wink:

And he really likes Big Gurlz :innocent:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

What was it that Thumper said in Bambi???
Oh yes, if you can't say anything nice F$#@ OFF !!!
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Camy wrote:As for me. Is The Nurse to Dr.Avalanche single? He is quite tasteful Bear with capital B.
For what it's worth, unless Si has a body-double, I've seen him around Leeds with his Mrs on a number of occasions.

Sorry to disappoint.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Camy
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:
Camy wrote:As for me. Is The Nurse to Dr.Avalanche single? He is quite tasteful Bear with capital B.
For what it's worth, unless Si has a body-double, I've seen him around Leeds with his Mrs on a number of occasions.

Sorry to disappoint.
I think i can get over it.
Camy
Road Kill

Big Si wrote:
Camy wrote:All Big Guys receive my attention, all the time.
My mate's a Big Guy :wink:

And he really likes Big Gurlz :innocent:
oh, the suspense
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

Sonya Marmeladova wrote:Did Andrew Eldritch get married yet?
It's 2011, not 1811. Intelligent people don't get married if they don't have to.