If you could ask Eldritch one question.....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

pikkrong wrote:
dead inside wrote:
I believe a strong European army (Russia included) could be the key to bring back the world balance. (
Russian army?
have you heard anything about Chechenya? about killing civilan, torturing and raping both women and men to create an atmosphere of fear?
(not talking about thousands of German women in 1945)
Sure. And the Germans were nazis so they should be kept out as well...
Come on, what I said was an European army that includes Russia, not a Russian army.
Bury the past. Let's focus on the future.
pikkrong
Overbomber

dead inside wrote:
pikkrong wrote:
dead inside wrote:
I believe a strong European army (Russia included) could be the key to bring back the world balance. (
Russian army?
have you heard anything about Chechenya? about killing civilan, torturing and raping both women and men to create an atmosphere of fear?
(not talking about thousands of German women in 1945)
Sure. And the Germans were nazis so they should be kept out as well...
Come on, what I said was an European army that includes Russia, not a Russian army.
Bury the past. Let's focus on the future.
you are right about the 1945, i was too emotional. thanks for correcting.
but Chechenya is very contemporary time.
do i drive
or am i driven
MrEddy
Amphetamine Filth

DI has a perfectly valid point, it's just not well expressed. Certainly there must be a centalised and regulated military infrastructure to give a more unified Europe some kind of political validity on the world stage. From the point of view of stability, it might disuade the states from being such a yobbo aggresor- although a direct confrontation wown't happen. Certainly it would allow a more rapid and substantial response to world events and crises instead of the inadiquate nonsense that we see in the DRC.

It would of course be difficult to arrange, and I do not think that it would be appropriate to allow an immediate Russian entry not only because of Chechnia, which is reason enough, but because it's economics and its intentions are not allighned with Europe and would act as a dragging force.

Before this ever happend, the UK will have to break a number of post war (and harmful) inteligance agreements with the US; France will have to learn to share information and resourses; Germany will have to accept that as a powerful economy it has a certain obligation to act outside its own borders.
dead stars

MrEddy wrote:DI has a perfectly valid point, it's just not well expressed. Certainly there must be a centalised and regulated military infrastructure to give a more unified Europe some kind of political validity on the world stage. From the point of view of stability, it might disuade the states from being such a yobbo aggresor- although a direct confrontation wown't happen. Certainly it would allow a more rapid and substantial response to world events and crises instead of the inadiquate nonsense that we see in the DRC.

It would of course be difficult to arrange, and I do not think that it would be appropriate to allow an immediate Russian entry not only because of Chechnia, which is reason enough, but because it's economics and its intentions are not allighned with Europe and would act as a dragging force.

Before this ever happend, the UK will have to break a number of post war (and harmful) inteligance agreements with the US; France will have to learn to share information and resourses; Germany will have to accept that as a powerful economy it has a certain obligation to act outside its own borders.
And Russia has to join the EU, which is far from happening...
pikkrong
Overbomber

DI, actually didn't want to fight with you. your question about "52 daughters" was the right thing. someone could really ask explicit questions about his lyrics. and why not to discuss about those themes with him?
do i drive
or am i driven
Andy TG
Overbomber

Jim wrote:F*CK THE MILLENIUM!
MILLENIUM - When Did THAT Happen - Did I miss Somehting? ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
pikkrong
Overbomber

actually i have experienced already asking stupid questions. in 1993 my brother had a possibility to be as a journalist on a press conference of Paradise Lost. just before this event he saw me (i was among the audience) and asked what should he ask from the band (he wasn't so familiar with their music as me). can't remember the situation why i said something so dull but i did it: "is your paradise found?". maybe the sun was too hot for my brains. and my brother really asked it. the guys laughed and said something like: "not yet".

:oops: :innocent:
do i drive
or am i driven
dead stars

pikkrong wrote:DI, actually didn't want to fight with you.

Don't worry, I didn't think you did. :)
I had to leave in a hurry this morning but it had nothing to do with our conversation. Work, work, work... and no money. :(
Anyway...
your question about "52 daughters" was the right thing. someone could really ask explicit questions about his lyrics. and why not to discuss about those themes with him?
My idea is that people are afraid of him. They are also so careful in posing questions. I heard the BBC interview and I can guarantee the man doesn't bite!
On the other hand, they keep asking the same questions over and over again... The recent interview in that magazine... Glasten???zie??gel? was very interesting.
dead stars

pikkrong wrote:actually i have experienced already asking stupid questions. in 1993 my brother had a possibility to be as a journalist on a press conference of Paradise Lost. just before this event he saw me (i was among the audience) and asked what should he ask from the band (he wasn't so familiar with their music as me). can't remember the situation why i said something so dull but i did it: "is your paradise found?". maybe the sun was too hot for my brains. and my brother really asked it. the guys laughed and said something like: "not yet".

:oops: :innocent:
Actually, I think that was a very intelligent question. Maybe not adequate for a press conference, but if you could get them talking to you alone... yes, maybe they'd open their minds a lot more.

My "interview" to Eldritch didn't meant to be professional. It's an interview from a fan. Fan can allow themselves to be bold.
dead stars

Speaking about my interview. He didn't answered yet?! Oh, I'm so disappointed!

:innocent:
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

Chairman Bux wrote:
Didn't you know? It's all done with smoke and mirrors. And organically grown root crops. ;)[/quote]

:( :( :(

Oh well.

the search continues then.

Sorry to drag the discussion down to this level, must be the heat...

Like the crack about the pies though.

By the way I'm not going to revert to some standard status on my 50th post I hope??

M
pikkrong
Overbomber

dead inside wrote:Glasten???zie??gel?
Glasperlenspiel - after a novel by Hesse I guess :wink:
the last issue of this magazine was quite interesting indeed.
unfortunately i havn't any others - has anybody an idea where can i get some more :?:
do i drive
or am i driven
hallucienate
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:has anybody an idea where can i get some more :?:
http://gps.tsom.org/
pikkrong
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:
pikkrong wrote:has anybody an idea where can i get some more :?:
http://gps.tsom.org/
thanks, mate :notworthy:
but i know it already.
it seems to me there are not all the articles in their entire length - am i wrong?
do i drive
or am i driven
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

looks like you can still order editions 1,2,3 & 5 though :)

http://gps.tsom.org/backissues.html
http://gps.tsom.org/ordering.html
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
pikkrong
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:looks like you can still order editions 1,2,3 & 5 though :)

http://gps.tsom.org/backissues.html
http://gps.tsom.org/ordering.html
but doesn't work for me: I'm outside of England and can't use PayPal. :cry:
I tried but without success - Estonia doesn't exists for PayPal.
although I have used without problems my credit card ordering from English Amazon, German InfraRot mailorder etc.
do i drive
or am i driven
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I think there are at least three theories about the 52 daughters of the revolution, none of which are very good. 1 - Every week of the year. 2 - A pack of cards. No idea what that would mean. 3 - US states (which are, of course, daughters of the revolution). Yes, I know there are 50. So for this theory to work, either AE got it wrong, or he meant to include two others. I can certainly think of one good candidate, run, according to the Foreign Minister of the United States. Dunno what the other one would be. Anyone else got any straws to clutch at?
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
dead stars

pikkrong wrote:
dead inside wrote:Glasten???zie??gel?
Glasperlenspiel - after a novel by Hesse I guess :wink:
I'll never [EVER] be able to pronunce OR write that word.
I know my limitations... :D
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

[quote="dead inside"]

5. Why do you feel the need to tell the world about your intense and wide-ranging sexual life? Are you trying to prove anything in special, perhaps to anyone in special? ;)

6. About "I've slept with every girl in Berlin"... Errrmmm... Nevermind.

Good question. If I were an ungracious person I'd say "methinks he doth protest too much" but I'm not, (especially) so I wont.
Zwei bier bitte.....
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I think I'd ask who's ( stupid ) idea was it to bleach your hair ? when it's a look which doesn't suit you in the least and, furthermore, don't you think a man your age should be a bit kinder to his folicles ?
Zwei bier bitte.....
dead stars

karin wrote:
dead inside wrote:

5. Why do you feel the need to tell the world about your intense and wide-ranging sexual life? Are you trying to prove anything in special, perhaps to anyone in special? ;)

6. About "I've slept with every girl in Berlin"... Errrmmm... Nevermind.

Good question. If I were an ungracious person I'd say "methinks he doth protest too much" but I'm not, (especially) so I wont.
Sorry? I don't understand what you mean... What has protest to do with Eldritch's sexual life?... What am I not getting? :eek:
randdebiel²

dead inside wrote: I find your prejudice so amusing!
Why on earth don't you let him decide that? Maybe he is not that closed minded as you all think. And as for previewing how he would react, I can't even comment... :roll:
maybe you're right, sory to have offended you....that was not my intention....
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Glasperlenspiel presumably means the glass bead game - very complex, therefore a metaphor for things of great skill and abstraction, but no real relevance to anything?
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Master Margarita
Amphetamine Filth

randdebiel² wrote:
dead inside wrote: I find your prejudice so amusing!
Why on earth don't you let him decide that? Maybe he is not that closed minded as you all think. And as for previewing how he would react, I can't even comment... :roll:
maybe you're right, sory to have offended you....that was not my intention....
This is how he would react. He would sigh. And pause. Contemptuously. Was it for this that the chords of the sisters awoke Leeds' sleep at all?

Finally, drawing deep on a cigarette, the frustration in his voice apparent from his monotone labouring of each word, he would crank up again about the banality and cloying sychophancy of his fan base. You would respond with (well meant) words of sympathy peppered with (what you think) are helpful and constructive observations which would slowly suck the the final few dellusions that he, Prince Von Darkness, thane of Gonzoid, has anything to say to anyone worth talking to.

Finally dethroned by the realisation that his audience comprises a few faux-hells angels from Birmingham who think that Hunter S Thomson was something to do with that guy from Gladiators, the odd mid thirty nothing who has yet to replace Nick Hornby with Julian Barnes and still puts on a black hat and mimes to Adrenochrome to the living room mirror when the wife is out (will the neighbours hear if I turn it up to eleven?), and some star-gazing lisbon girl whose nick name represents everything he doesn't believe in, he would remove his glasses, rub his tired eyes, and disappear, glasses and camels (ultra lights these days- the fags go with the brand but I'm damned if it's gonna kill me) left behind, to re-invent himself as pop supremo Andie-E, the prince of pinkiness, a Simon Cowell for the 21st century, no four piece to untalented to be a one hit wonder on a second hand tune.

That is what your questions would drive him to.

It has been a long weekend, I'm in a bad mood, and the franchise needs protecting.
When was the last time you cut the catwalk caviar?
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

So you concur. Will I dream? is based on Hunter S.Thompson's Hells Angels.

Works for me 8)
Goths have feelings too