Best Gigs!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

I posted this in the meringue place because I'm an old fat balding sweaty punk -
James Blast wrote:EatB, 1982 - the small hall underneath Dundee's Caird Hall major, eh... hall

tense, camoflaged, anglepoise, blurred, Fuel
nuff said ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

AdrenaChris wrote:
markfiend wrote:
AdrenaChris wrote:Iron Maiden, Earls Court '06 - first ever so forgivable in light of their gay setlist
You really didn't just use "gay" as an insult did you?
Well seeing as how a band's setlist for a concert doesn't really feature anything in the way of a defineable sexuality, I don't think it'll be too upset.
:lol: fair enough.

But some of the gay people on here might not like it. Bear it in mind please.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

markfiend wrote:
AdrenaChris wrote:
markfiend wrote: You really didn't just use "gay" as an insult did you?
Well seeing as how a band's setlist for a concert doesn't really feature anything in the way of a defineable sexuality, I don't think it'll be too upset.
:lol: fair enough.

But some of the gay people on here might not like it. Bear it in mind please.
Glad you are in the UK. I saw troupes of Gay setlists gang up with some Lesbian Technical Riders and tansvestite Guestlists over here in Belgium to protest on the streets in the past. Well, actually over THERE in Belgium since I'm in Cornwall at the moment ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
scotty
Overbomber

Fields of the Nephilim - Too many great gigs to mantion but the first time was a life changing night :eek: Coasters in Edinburgh '86 :notworthy:

The Mission Glasgow Mayfair '86 ish.

Goodbye Mr MacKenzie - Every time I saw them (apart from a couple when Big John left :cry: :oops:)

New Model Army - Glasgow QM '86 was my favorite.

LOUD - Aberdeen's Caesars Palace, about 25 in the crowd & about 15 of us following them :lol: :lol:

Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - Leeds Warehouse '88ish.

The Meteors - Edinburgh Cas Rock late 80's, rough :eek: , fucin' hell :lol: :lol: , gangs of Psychobillys from all over the place, it all kicked off when they played The Wreckin' Crew :eek: :lol:

The Levellers - Edinburgh Calton Studios '91.

Alien Sex Fiend - Glasgow QM '90.

Salvation - Wakefield Roof Top Gardens '88/89.

Echo & the Bunnymen - Royal Albert Hall '08.

Sugababes - Armadillo '07, outstanding :notworthy: .

Jah Wobble - Belladrum Festival.......in a tent :lol: :notworthy:

Editors - see above.

Secret Machines - Aberdeen Lemon Tree '07.

Anne Marie Hurst - Bradford :kiss:

I'm sure there'll be a few more I'll remember :roll: :roll:

edit: Bauhaus - Glasgow..........sorry Derek :innocent: :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"