Wayne on the Sisters.....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Above the Chemist

playboy wrote:
Being645 wrote:@ playboy & Gollum's Cock

Hope to get your upright reviews after the gigs you're going to visit ... :twisted: :lol: ...
You will get reviews. Unfortunately Mejeriet is one of the worst venues for this kind of concerts....... Not only is it small, there is a small dancefloor in front of the stage and behind that a sort of balcony, not really but almost, hard to explain, anyway a second level where you are not able to see much.... Okey for small shows with a seating audience but not for Sisters....
Oh yes, but of course, you won't have your fun spoilt by such negligible circumstances, ... for The Sisters rock ... ;D :lol: ...
playboy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
playboy wrote:
Being645 wrote:@ playboy & Gollum's Cock

Hope to get your upright reviews after the gigs you're going to visit ... :twisted: :lol: ...
You will get reviews. Unfortunately Mejeriet is one of the worst venues for this kind of concerts....... Not only is it small, there is a small dancefloor in front of the stage and behind that a sort of balcony, not really but almost, hard to explain, anyway a second level where you are not able to see much.... Okey for small shows with a seating audience but not for Sisters....
Oh yes, but of course, you won't have your fun spoilt by such negligible circumstances, ... for The Sisters rock ... ;D :lol: ...
I hope so. That is why I´m going. Of course it helps that it only takes me just more than half an hour from my house to the venue....... I skip Gothenburg and Stockholm this time... Maybe I will regret that. But it makes it possible to afford to go and see Britney Spears.... also pretty close to my homejavascript:emoticon(':innocent:')
panzerfaust

Q: A question from someone on the MWIS forum. If Andrew Eldritch approached you about getting back together and playing some TSOM reunion shows would you consider it?

Wayne : I would’ve said yes a couple of years ago but not now. In fact there were some noises being made, I’m not sure where they emanated from, maybe just wishful thinking on somebody’s part, and I was asked that very same question and I thought ‘Yeh, I’d consider that’. It was around that same time that the ‘Dritch was in Sao Paulo with his insignificant co-horts playing a show and in light of the approaches I thought I’d go down and see the show and say hello and see if there was any mileage in the idea and to see how they were having heard all the rumours as to just how bad the show has been these last few years. So I asked George Allen, my manager, to contact the ‘Dritch’s people and ask to be put on the guest list. George received an email reply supposedly from the once great man (in his own living room) himself saying ‘no f**king way’. So that was the end of that idea. Don’t know what his problem still is and I don’t care. So the short answer to your question is no f**king way.

(*sigh*)
Being645
Above the Chemist

What an idiot ... :roll: ... but we had that already.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Funnily enough, that sounds to me like "Eldritch said no way, so, no way, but..."
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

But he would? Yeah, of course ... through his manager ...

Anyway, did he ever do anything else?
paul
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:What an idiot ... :roll: ... but we had that already.
And you're referring to ... ? :lol: :wink:
Being645
Above the Chemist

paul wrote:
Oh yeah, I've always rated direct communication higher than resentful ignorance or sniper shooting from some a safe distance...

Image Image ImageImage Image ImageImage Image ImageImage Image Image

:lol:
James Blast
Banned

completely hatstand
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Above the Chemist

James Blast wrote:completely hatstand
You know it's good for your health, time and again ... ;D :lol: ...
Prescott
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
paul wrote:
Oh yeah, I've always rated direct communication higher than resentful ignorance or sniper shooting from some a safe distance...

And by speaking in the first-person (yet again) but referring to something Andrew would have to answer towards, are you implying you:

1. Speak for Eldritch?
2. Are Eldritch?
3. It's Green Biro Time Again?
"... because we're that kind of people."
James Blast
Banned

number 3
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Above the Chemist

James Blast wrote:number 3
Right. ;D ...
playboy

Who? Wayne or the Dritch?...............
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Prescott wrote:
Being645 wrote:
paul wrote: And you're referring to ... ? :lol: :wink:

And by speaking in the first-person (yet again) but referring to something Andrew would have to answer towards, are you implying you:

1. Speak for Eldritch?
2. Are Eldritch?
3. It's Green Biro Time Again?
Because He is a She I guess Being is just Hussey ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Being645
Above the Chemist

playboy wrote:
Wayne, of course ... :lol: ... send some servant asking for a VIP tic for a gig round his neighbourhood ... congrats ... :urff: ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Funnily enough, that sounds to me like "Eldritch said no way, so, no way, but..."
Me too. A Sisters reunion is the only way Jerry could extend his five minutes of fame and gain the attention and adulation he so has always so desperatey craved.
playboy

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
markfiend wrote:Funnily enough, that sounds to me like "Eldritch said no way, so, no way, but..."
Me too. A Sisters reunion is the only way Jerry could extend his five minutes of fame and gain the attention and adulation he so has always so desperatey craved.
Well....... he has released a few more records though, still recording with other artists, still touring, Brixton Academy sold out later this year, living a nice life with wife Cinthia and kids.
Anyone who thinks that Andrews career would be better would have to think again. Andrew may have written better songs etc etc etc but fame-wise....well, I think that a reunion with Wayne would be a great opportunity for Taylor to regain his own fame, to be honest. If only he could start sing again, that is......
I honestly don´t understand why some of the sisters-hard-core fans constantly has to write about Wayne in a negative way. It doesn´t seem adult enough to me and Sisters-fans in the early days were categorized very intellectual, smart, polictal animals who looked down on people bullying other. And bullying a member, past or present within the Sisters clan was not even thinkable. What went wrong? Have Andrew failed to pass on to the newcomers what the Sisters Of Mercy is all about? And what Andrew stand for? No wonder that he doesn´t care anymore about the audience....
Being645
Above the Chemist

Maybe Wayne started bullying ...

Btw, :von: is singing all the time. Of course, yeah, Wayne denied that when ... but, phh ... there's really no point discussing that over and over again ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

playboy wrote: I honestly don´t understand why some of the sisters-hard-core fans constantly has to write about Wayne in a negative way. .
Honestly ?? From my perspective, I don't understand why some fans put him on such a pedestal. Sure, he made a major contribution to the band at a key time of its development, but he came from a very different background, always seemed to have a different agenda, didn't seem in tune with the whole ethos of the brand (as James Blast :notworthy: perceptively identified as the thing we have all been entranced by), and then attempted to purloin said brand when the inevitable rift took place.

I wouldn't deny that his subsequent project was a relative commercial success, largely on the back of his Sisters connections, but he always seemed to have an eye for the main chance and has given the impression that he would be up for anything if the money was right. As a result, I've always found it hard to take him seriously.
Prescott

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
playboy wrote: I honestly don´t understand why some of the sisters-hard-core fans constantly has to write about Wayne in a negative way. .
Honestly ?? From my perspective, I don't understand why some fans put him on such a pedestal. Sure, he made a major contribution to the band at a key time of its development, but he came from a very different background, always seemed to have a different agenda, didn't seem in tune with the whole ethos of the brand (as James Blast :notworthy: perceptively identified as the thing we have all been entranced by), and then attempted to purloin said brand when the inevitable rift took place.

I wouldn't deny that his subsequent project was a relative commercial success, largely on the back of his Sisters connections, but he always seemed to have an eye for the main chance and has given the impression that he would be up for anything if the money was right. As a result, I've always found it hard to take him seriously.
Completely agree. Also, nice Rosetta Stone reference. :notworthy:

*70,000th post in Sisters chat!
"... because we're that kind of people."
playboy

Being645 wrote:Maybe Wayne started bullying ...

Btw, :von: is singing all the time. Of course, yeah, Wayne denied that when ... but, phh ... there's really no point discussing that over and over again ...
Perhaps Wayne started. But we can be better than him can´t we?

And, no, Andy is not singing all the time. I wish he did. He mumbles a lot (which he admits...) and sometimes just do....nothing...

There was a couple of number earlier this year I remember which started great (yeah, they are playing THIS one!) but coming the second verse..... no vocals.....
James Blast
Banned

and the yealps, he yealps the parts he no longer can reach :|
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

playboy wrote:And, no, Andy is not singing all the time. I wish he did. He mumbles a lot (which he admits...) and sometimes just do....nothing...
James Blast wrote:he yealps the parts he no longer can reach
well, i mean, yeah, you're both right, but he always kinda yealped :|

but i know what you mean...

in his defence, he can still prowl the stage like a mean motherf**ker though. yealping or no, i find him incredibly watchable on stage. and the rest of the band make a great noise.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Sita

Being645 wrote:
playboy wrote:
Wayne, of course ... :lol: ... send some servant asking for a VIP tic for a gig round his neighbourhood ... congrats ... :urff: ...
Agreed :roll: have the "manager" send an email, how much more juvenile can one act?

PS - to me the contribution Wayne made to the Sisters was pi$s off Eldritch to make the Gift album. But that's just my personal taste and preference, so don't lecture me, please.
Last edited by Sita on 02 Sep 2011, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.