Did the Sisters of Mercy appear on the UK Show The Tube 85?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
xfloorshowx
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:
playboy wrote:
xfloorshowx wrote: Regarding a video from Gothenburg, heard rumors about rumors about it's existence. But, no-one of the swedish long-time collectors I've been in contact with over the years has actually seen some footage from the show. So I actually doubt it's existence but I'd like to be proven wrong.
Do you remember what you have heard about this video from Gothenburg 1985?
I have a friend who actually saw this video a few years ago, I also talked with the owner on the phone. He would'nt trade/sell it for anything in the world due to promises (to the band!? Don't remember).
Do you have his adress :innocent:
...I’ve never had the desire to make a record unless I have something to say...
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

xfloorshowx wrote:
TheBoyNextDoor wrote:
playboy wrote:

I have a friend who actually saw this video a few years ago, I also talked with the owner on the phone. He would'nt trade/sell it for anything in the world due to promises (to the band!? Don't remember).
Do you have his adress :innocent:

Not yet. :innocent:
Drsisters

Speaking off m*****n impossible...

Several treasures to be found...

MX tape from the 83 show in Stockholm.... The guy who recorded it asked Mr Marx nice if he could get permission to tape the show from the mixing desk... and he got permission...

whereabouts of that tape today is unknown, if there was made any copys is uncertain ^^

Video from Sthlm 91 exist, atleast partially... Rumored video from Roskilde 91..

Video from Glauchau 97
MX tape from Glauchau 97

Holy Grail nr1 is the PRO audio recording from Hamburg 90.. which Eldritch took Something Fast and Ribbons from and put on When You Dont See Me.. Prolly rotting in WEA archive or Eldritch personal live recording stash :lol: :lol:
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Drsisters

Looki look what you can find if you seek :P

MTV 120min interview with Tony and Tim + FALAA intro :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok6EA_FK ... re=related
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
playboy

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:
playboy wrote:
xfloorshowx wrote: Regarding a video from Gothenburg, heard rumors about rumors about it's existence. But, no-one of the swedish long-time collectors I've been in contact with over the years has actually seen some footage from the show. So I actually doubt it's existence but I'd like to be proven wrong.
So, it apparently exist. Interesting that a friend of yours saw it a few years ago. Do you know where he saw it? Could it be the same person I wrote about previously?
A bit strange to claim that he don´t want to make copies of it today due to promises. I wonder from whom? If it´s not the band then the copy he has is most likely an illegal copy allready. If he made the promise to the band I doubt that any of them would mind today 27 years later. If it is the case, then I can myself ask Craig, Wayne and Andrew if they mind today.
playboy

lachert wrote:found one with bush/noriega t-shirt on tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le03SACy ... re=related
Can´t see any bush/noriega t-shirt...
playboy

Drsisters wrote:Speaking off m*****n impossible...

MX tape from the 83 show in Stockholm.... The guy who recorded it asked Mr Marx nice if he could get permission to tape the show from the mixing desk... and he got permission...

whereabouts of that tape today is unknown, if there was made any copys is uncertain ^^

Video from Sthlm 91 exist, atleast partially... Rumored video from Roskilde 91..

Video from Glauchau 97
MX tape from Glauchau 97

Holy Grail nr1 is the PRO audio recording from Hamburg 90.. which Eldritch took Something Fast and Ribbons from and put on When You Dont See Me.. Prolly rotting in WEA archive or Eldritch personal live recording stash :lol: :lol:
I have got Stockholm 1991 and the Roskilde video, so it sure exists.
lachert
Overbomber

playboy wrote:
sorry, man, wrong link, that was for _emma_ :lol:
here you go a proper one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhMSBMsf ... re=related
long live rock'n'roll
lachert
Overbomber

playboy wrote:I have got Stockholm 1991 and the Roskilde video, so it sure exists.
playboy, you make me nervous :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
lachert
Overbomber

long live rock'n'roll
playboy

lachert wrote:
playboy wrote:
sorry, man, wrong link, that was for _emma_ :lol:
here you go a proper one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhMSBMsf ... re=related
Oh yes, this was one of the interiews I mentioned before, you´re right. However this one was the one shown on MTV and is very edited. The original unedited mastertape is much longer and is showing Andrew even during the intermissions.
Bad quality btw.
But thanks for the link.
playboy

lachert wrote:
playboy wrote:I have got Stockholm 1991 and the Roskilde video, so it sure exists.
playboy, you make me nervous :lol:
Are you nervous mate? :eek:
playboy

This introduction was done a lot of times on the mastertape. Andrew had to do a lot of takes...
Dan
Overbomber

Drsisters wrote:Looki look what you can find if you seek :P

MTV 120min interview with Tony and Tim + FALAA intro :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok6EA_FK ... re=related
The mythical live footage! Good find!

playboy wrote:
This introduction was done a lot of times on the mastertape. Andrew had to do a lot of takes...
How could he muck it up so many times?

"I'm Andrew Eldritch from The Sisters Of Mercy, and you're watching 120 Minutes on MVT." ... "s**t!"

"I'm Andrew Eldritch from The Sisters Of Mercy, and you're watching 115 Minutes on MTV." ... "Crap!"

"I'm That Guitarist from The Sisters Of Mercy, and you're watching 120 Minutes on MTV." ... "Scheisse!"
TheBoyNextDoor

playboy wrote: So, it apparently exist. Interesting that a friend of yours saw it a few years ago. Do you know where he saw it? Could it be the same person I wrote about previously?
A bit strange to claim that he don´t want to make copies of it today due to promises. I wonder from whom? If it´s not the band then the copy he has is most likely an illegal copy allready. If he made the promise to the band I doubt that any of them would mind today 27 years later. If it is the case, then I can myself ask Craig, Wayne and Andrew if they mind today.
He saw it at someones house party before some concert, not sure if it was the man you mentioned or if it was someone who got a copy. I might ask my friend a little bit more about this the 20th nov.
playboy

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:
playboy wrote: So, it apparently exist. Interesting that a friend of yours saw it a few years ago. Do you know where he saw it? Could it be the same person I wrote about previously?
He saw it at someones house party before some concert, not sure if it was the man you mentioned or if it was someone who got a copy. I might ask my friend a little bit more about this the 20th nov.
That would be great, thanks a lot.
Methedrone
Amphetamine Filth

playboy wrote:

Video from Glauchau 97
MX tape from Glauchau 97

Could swap you Roskilde '98 for Roskilde '91?
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

playboy wrote:

Video from Glauchau 97
MX tape from Glauchau 97

and they will see the light someday????
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
playboy

Methedrone wrote:
playboy wrote:

Video from Glauchau 97
MX tape from Glauchau 97

I have Roskilde 1998. Not the best video I have seen, I might add...

But for something else, something odd and/or rare...
playboy

dtsom wrote:
playboy wrote:

Video from Glauchau 97
MX tape from Glauchau 97

and they will see the light someday????
It depends.... as long as there are people out there with things they won´t give away unless they got something very rare back they will not be widely circulated.

For anyone who has got anything very rare I have a few rarities. I can here mention:
Roskilde 1991 video,

Stockholm 1991 video,

A video tape from MTV:s archive: a mastertape with long unedited interviews with Andrew never shown in full on tv, with some goodies, also live version of Intro/First And Last And Always/This Corrosion and Something Fast (filmed by MTV in Chicago summer 1991, never shown on tv),

Various recording, made by me, when I interviewed various members, Eldritch, Tony James, Andreas Bruhn, That Guitarist. These interviews are with one member at the time, at different locations and different times and so far only exists in one copy

Feel free to ask more and/or let me know if anyone has got something I might be interested in.
Methedrone
Amphetamine Filth

playboy wrote:
Methedrone wrote:
playboy wrote: I have got Stockholm 1991 and the Roskilde video, so it sure exists.

I thought Roskilde was probably the best from '98, maybe not then.

I have 3 complete sources from Amsterdam '91, although you maybe have them already?
playboy

Methedrone wrote:
playboy wrote:
Methedrone wrote: Could swap you Roskilde '98 for Roskilde '91?

I have 3 complete sources from Amsterdam '91, although you maybe have them already?
Roskilde 1998 are one of the worst I have seen... nothing to have.
I think I have Amsterdam 1991 on video yeah
Methedrone
Amphetamine Filth

playboy wrote:
Methedrone wrote:
playboy wrote: I have Roskilde 1998. Not the best video I have seen, I might add...

Roskilde 1998 are one of the worst I have seen... nothing to have.
I think I have Amsterdam 1991 on video yeah
Is your Roskilde '98 the same as this version?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFfx60IBNkg
bearskin

Methedrone wrote: Is your Roskilde '98 the same as this version?
How come the Sisters had Mick Jagger doing the singing at that gig?
Being645
Above the Chemist

bearskin wrote:
Methedrone wrote: Is your Roskilde '98 the same as this version?
How come the Sisters had Mick Jagger doing the singing at that gig?
Hell, that guy is miles better than Mick Jagger ... ;D ;D ;D ...