Sisters played Paris in 1984???

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dan wrote:Would these gigs have been not long before, say in Jan 81 for example, or quite a few months earlier. I'm thinking if it'd only been a short time before then the performance would have been similar to the two May'81 recordings, but if a long time before then they could have been very different.
And what about the lineup? If it was months earlier then maybe Eldritch on a real drumkit and Marx on vocals? That'd have been an interesting gig to witness!
Not sure to tell the truth. Claire was on keyboards from what I heard.

Also, re taylor's pics: Where in the Merrion Centre was Tiffany's?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dan
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Also, re taylor's pics: Where in the Merrion Centre was Tiffany's?
Apparently it was in the upstairs bit.
Being645
Wiki wizard

Dan wrote:
markfiend wrote:Also, re taylor's pics: Where in the Merrion Centre was Tiffany's?
Apparently it was in the upstairs bit.
So that was noz an F Club event :eek:

http://sisterswiki.org/Tue,_30-Mar-1982
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The F-Club wasn't in just one place, it moved around:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/content/arti ... ture.shtml
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
playboy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:
Dan wrote:Would these gigs have been not long before, say in Jan 81 for example, or quite a few months earlier. I'm thinking if it'd only been a short time before then the performance would have been similar to the two May'81 recordings, but if a long time before then they could have been very different.
And what about the lineup? If it was months earlier then maybe Eldritch on a real drumkit and Marx on vocals? That'd have been an interesting gig to witness!

I have heard that they very briefly had five members, in 1979. The info is from an insert from Red Rhino that came with a very few copies of Damage Done, probably made for press or radio stations.
Being645
Wiki wizard

markfiend wrote:The F-Club wasn't in just one place, it moved around:
Thank you very much, markfiend ... that's what I had imagined and never found a link to have it confirmed for the Wiki ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

playboy wrote:
markfiend wrote:

I have heard that they very briefly had five members, in 1979. The info is from an insert from Red Rhino that came with a very few copies of Damage Done, probably made for press or radio stations.
I think that insert might be in the gallery...

Buggered if I can find it though :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Being645 wrote:
markfiend wrote:The F-Club wasn't in just one place, it moved around:
Thank you very much, markfiend ... that's what I had imagined and never found a link to have it confirmed for the Wiki ...
My Pleasure. :)

I was never 100% sure of the facts myself, I didn't move to Leeds until after the F-club had long finished. I think it was HL member Francis* who filled me in on the F club's history. But it's nice to find online confirmation.

* where are you Frankie baby? :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

playboy wrote:
markfiend wrote:

That one is addressed in a Gary Marx interview either done for Heartland and on these pages or in an interview around the time that 1995 and Nowhere got a "proper" release (the D-monic website?). He says something along the lines of there was "a band" but it was not "the band". Claire was involved for sure, can't recall the other names, but think there was a tongue in cheek remark about how every Leeds band was obliged to have somebody called John at time.
Being645
Wiki wizard

Now added all the poster of taylor to the according sides in the Wiki ...

http://sisterswiki.org/Tue,_30-Mar-1982
http://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_25-Aug-1983
http://sisterswiki.org/Sat,_27-Aug-1983
http://sisterswiki.org/Fri,_02-Sep-1983

and also quoted the link to the infos on F-Club.

Thanks, taylor. Thanks markfiend. :notworthy:
lsind
Road Kill

Just found this in my archives!
It comes from French magazine BEST issue 194 (September 1984).
I remember that the festival was also announced on France Inter radio (the other sponsor of the event) as featuring the Sisters in the lineup. DCD + TSOM + XMal D. on the same bill!!! Like a dream come true for me at the time.
I can't remember if the Sisters' cancelation was announced long before the gig or not though. I couldn't make it anyway because of school...
Last edited by lsind on 02 Dec 2011, 21:20, edited 2 times in total.
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

lsind wrote:Image

I remember that the festival was also announced on France Inter radio (the other sponsor of the event) as featuring the Sisters in the lineup. DCD + TSOM + XMal D. on the same bill!!! Like a dream come true for me at the time.
I can't remember if the Sisters' cancelation was announced long before the gig or not though. I couldn't make it anyway because of school...[/img]
The link of your image appears to be broken or is it only me ???
lsind
Road Kill

Sorry... :oops:
T'was me! First time posting a pic...
lachert
Overbomber

some nice man sent me this advert few years ago on dime. it has Bruce Dickinson on the cover, right? 8)
long live rock'n'roll
lsind
Road Kill

lachert wrote:it has Bruce Dickinson on the cover, right? 8)
Yes. Bruce Dickinson wearing extremely tight red... hmm... tights... And when I write tight, I mean tight ! You can actually make out his balls... :roll:
lachert
Overbomber

lsind wrote:
lachert wrote:it has Bruce Dickinson on the cover, right? 8)
Yes. Bruce Dickinson wearing extremely tight red... hmm... tights... And when I write tight, I mean tight ! You can actually make out his balls... :roll:
yeah, exactly :lol: 80's metal. good god :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
Being645
Wiki wizard

lsind wrote:Image

I can't remember if the Sisters' cancelation was announced long before the gig or not though. I couldn't make it anyway because of school...
Oh wow ... :eek: :eek: :eek: ... this had somehow escaped my attention ...

Thank you very much for the picture and info, Isind ... the Wiki page looks much better now ... :D :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
lsind
Road Kill

You're very welcome!

8)