Sir Jim (now then, bye then)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Quiff Boy wrote:
Dan wrote:45 degrees?? And concrete?? That's going to give the archaeologists in 2000 years something to wonder about. And with all the jingle jangle jewellery they'll assume he was a king.
the lost king of yorkshire :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
Reference that with him lying in state.

Lenin, Chairman Mao, and Sir Jimmy.

The unholy trinity.

:eek:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

DeWinter wrote:
stufarq wrote:
DeWinter wrote:Well, it does have it's plus points. The UK is never likely to have a Chirac, Berlusconi, Bush or Clinton thanks to the press here. Their propensity for dirt-digging would have rendered them unelectable.
So we don't get anyone with a colourful past but we do get Thatcher, Blair, Brown...
I think "colourful" is a polite way to describe the above! Sleazy at best, criminal at worst. Neither Thatcher or Brown could be accused of that, whatever you think of their politics.
Criminal would have to be proven and would have to seriously compromise their ability to do the job. Sleaze is nobody's business. Illegal crusades in Iraq, turning statesmanlike politics into gutter sniping and being utterly pointless* do and are. My point is that muck raking to render some people unelectable isn't particularly justifiable when it doesn't get rid of utter shits as well.

*Or, if you want a real crime, ruining the economy.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

stufarq wrote:
DeWinter wrote:
stufarq wrote: So we don't get anyone with a colourful past but we do get Thatcher, Blair, Brown...
I think "colourful" is a polite way to describe the above! Sleazy at best, criminal at worst. Neither Thatcher or Brown could be accused of that, whatever you think of their politics.
Criminal would have to be proven and would have to seriously compromise their ability to do the job. Sleaze is nobody's business. Illegal crusades in Iraq, turning statesmanlike politics into gutter sniping and being utterly pointless* do and are. My point is that muck raking to render some people unelectable isn't particularly justifiable when it doesn't get rid of utter shits as well.

*Or, if you want a real crime, ruining the economy.
Completely agree to you stufarq ... and anyway, savage b/w media advocate, inform and create savage b/w clientele politics and, IMHO, savage means, conventions and manners ...
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:just to drag it back on topic briefly:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-yo ... e-15667111
The cortege went to Woodlands Cemetery where he was buried at an angle of 45 degrees facing the sea.
buried at an angle of 45 degrees? and

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-yo ... e-15717221
Sir Jimmy Savile's coffin has been encased in concrete as a "security measure" amid speculation about its contents.
encased in concrete?

wtf? does anyone else find this to be an increasingly bizarre funeral/burial? :?: :eek:
Sounds remarkably similar to the safety measures for depleted uranium rods! :?
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

stufarq wrote: *Or, if you want a real crime, ruining the economy.
You'd have to look pretty hard to find a well-run economy anywhere. The US is broke, China/India use their population as disposable slave labour, and as for Continental Europe..one half near bankrupt, the other half owning all their debts and installing puppet politicians on the others so they don't default. :|
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

DeWinter wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:just to drag it back on topic briefly:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-yo ... e-15667111
The cortege went to Woodlands Cemetery where he was buried at an angle of 45 degrees facing the sea.
buried at an angle of 45 degrees? and

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-yo ... e-15717221
Sir Jimmy Savile's coffin has been encased in concrete as a "security measure" amid speculation about its contents.
encased in concrete?

wtf? does anyone else find this to be an increasingly bizarre funeral/burial? :?: :eek:
Sounds remarkably similar to the safety measures for depleted uranium rods! :?
:lol: :notworthy: :lol:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

"The BBC is planning a one-off Jim'll Fix It special with Shane Ritchie in the chair."

Sacrilege.

Jim'll Be Turning in his Grave (Or At Least He Would If It Weren't For the Concrete).