New Eldritch interview...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I'm pretty sure my previous post made a lot more sense before Bartek altered his post...
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If you expect anyone's posts to make sense you're on the wrong website. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

WTF?! I didn't change my post, that's one.
Two, it wasn't indicated of quality of this incarnation of TSOM, or anything related to quality; it was only about too tight 'throat' in this long pipeline- that's why new (:lol:) album 'going' so long.
But if you want to read that as insult about quality it's your choice. ;D

i feel now like f**king troll.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Bartek wrote:WTF?! I didn't change my post, that's one.
Two, it wasn't indicated of quality of this incarnation of TSOM, or anything related to quality; it was only about too tight 'throat' in this long pipeline- that's why new (:lol:) album 'going' so long.
But if you want to read that as insult about quality it's your choice. ;D

i feel now like f**king troll.
Being a bit sensitive there. I wasn't criticising you. The post I was referring to was a joke that (I thought) directly referenced the post you'd made immediately before it. The next time I came on the thread, the two didn't seem related at all. My memory of what was in your post didn't match what was there so I assumed you'd changed it. Hence my next post, which was also lighthearted and not a complaint. Presumably I misread it in the first place. Either way, have a sense of humour.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

million voices wrote:Is that why they now cover Pipeline live? To give the faithful the clue that the new album is on it's way...

.... and probably has been since Johnny Thunders last covered Pipeline
... :lol: :notworthy: ... oh-hoh ... and now they've returned to Top Nite Out at the gigs ... so does that mean:

Sorry, we've strayed a bit off course again, and it will take a little longer ... :lol: ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

stufarq wrote: Being a bit sensitive there. I wasn't criticising you. The post I was referring to was a joke that (I thought) directly referenced the post you'd made immediately before it. The next time I came on the thread, the two didn't seem related at all. My memory of what was in your post didn't match what was there so I assumed you'd changed it. Hence my next post, which was also lighthearted and not a complaint. Presumably I misread it in the first place. Either way, have a sense of humour.
Well i like to think that i have sense of humour, but my original comment may look a bit harsh towards TSOM so i just wanted to make it clear, esp. in the light of your reply.
peace and luv :kiss:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

It just looked like a joke to me. Let's never fight again.

Not that there's anything wrong with harsh comments towards the band when they talk about always recording but never releasing and play live shows that no-one can hear. Giving them a kick up the arse seems to be a lot of what this forum's about these days.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

stufarq wrote: play live shows that no-one can hear.
I can! :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Ozpat wrote:
stufarq wrote: play live shows that no-one can hear.
I can! :D
Me too, never a problem ... i can even hear what the mixing from the sound desk is like in different places and whether the instruments and the vocals come through clearly diverse or are mixed into one loud balanced package and, in the latter case, whether each of them comes through perceivably enough or is mixed too far in the back ... and plenty things more, I can't explain in short now because I'm not a musician ... and I've heard a lot of different mixes at different venues this year ... most of them were fine ... ;D ...
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I wish I had been to the gigs you were at

I haven't seen them on this tour but have seen them several times over the last 20 years and never has the sound been sparkling.

At best it has been almost adequate, at worst and more often than not pretty sludgy
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Being645
Wiki Wizard

million voices wrote:I wish I had been to the gigs you were at

I haven't seen them on this tour but have seen them several times over the last 20 years and never has the sound been sparkling.

At best it has been almost adequate, at worst and more often than not pretty sludgy
... :wink: ... I'm a bit at variance with myself because on the one hand,
I'd love to keep my fingers crossed for you that The Sisters will come to
America soon ... and one can see it from the downloads that America is
dearly waiting ... ;D :notworthy: ...

On the other hand ... there is still the slight but sweet dream they might
think it over and ... well, probably not ... :lol: ...
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I am not American

Do I write american?

I can spell colour, I know what year WWII started.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

million voices wrote:I am not American

Do I write american?

I can spell colour, I know what year WWII started.
... :lol: ...
Sorry, I thought you were. But aha, so you're one of the few Brits not half-way up to leave to the States ... ;D :notworthy: :lol: ...

It is really sad what happened to America as far as I could see during my lifetime, btw ... and not only America.
Where have all these good intentions and approaches gone, that had lead to creating human rights treaties and stuff after WWII?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Being645 wrote:Where have all these good intentions and approaches gone, that had lead to creating human rights treaties and stuff after WWII?
I agree with you, and not just human rights treaties.
Last edited by markfiend on 07 Dec 2011, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

wow, talk about off topic :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Erm. Sorry ;D

I'll get rid of my totally off-topic bit :|
—Bertrand Russell
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Maybe there is some similarity to be drawn between the golden ideals of Post 1945 Western Europe and its current reality compared with how the Sisters think they are during their soundcheck and the actual sound during the gig
streamline
Slight Overbomber

million voices wrote:Maybe there is some similarity to be drawn between the golden ideals of Post 1945 Western Europe and its current reality compared with how the Sisters think they are during their soundcheck and the actual sound during the gig
good save!!!

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I admit, reasons to slag the band off are numerous - Eldritch's choice of shirts, and that they are so humorous to swear they are "constantly recording" (lazy bastards) ;) But the sound?
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

stufarq wrote: At which point I'll draw your attention to every second thread on this forum for the past fifty years discussing the perpetual non-appearance of said records. It must be a helluva long pipe.
please don't, cause i know & it's more tedious reading all those threads moaning & groaning of you all it does get a bit much. i would think at one point one should let it go, why worry your little heads about if it ever happens. we have the past to listen to, which was even better & maybe something to look forward to in the future. if not then let it be.

:wink:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

MadameButterfly wrote:
stufarq wrote: At which point I'll draw your attention to every second thread on this forum for the past fifty years discussing the perpetual non-appearance of said records. It must be a helluva long pipe.
please don't, cause i know & it's more tedious reading all those threads moaning & groaning of you all it does get a bit much. i would think at one point one should let it go, why worry your little heads about if it ever happens. we have the past to listen to, which was even better & maybe something to look forward to in the future. if not then let it be.

It was a sarcastic comment more than anything else but if there's a serious point it's that Eldritch and the band as a whole have got a damned cheek saying a lot of the things they say in interviews and those that defend them are generally living in the land of wishful thinking. Personally I'm past caring whether they ever release anything again and won't be disappointed if I ever go to another concert because my expectations will be so low. But what else is there to say in the Sisters Chat section beyond rehashing the past, which is surely just as tedious? (And no, I don't need anyone giving a serious answer to that - it was more sarcasm.)
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

stufarq wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:

It was a sarcastic comment more than anything else but if there's a serious point it's that Eldritch and the band as a whole have got a damned cheek saying a lot of the things they say in interviews and those that defend them are generally living in the land of wishful thinking. Personally I'm past caring whether they ever release anything again and won't be disappointed if I ever go to another concert because my expectations will be so low. But what else is there to say in the Sisters Chat section beyond rehashing the past, which is surely just as tedious? (And no, I don't need anyone giving a serious answer to that - it was more sarcasm.)
trust me after all these years i do get sarcastic comments as well as sarcasm, it's a bit of the soul within these walls. indeed the bloody cheek they have within the interviews, but that's who they are, imho throwing the exact same tongue in the cheek as to not saying anything useful really. but hey ho, i understand where you are coming from it's the ever never ending story really. at least it's still the best source of information on the internet when regarding sisters.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

million voices wrote:I wish I had been to the gigs you were at
FACT! ;D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

streamline wrote:
million voices wrote:Maybe there is some similarity to be drawn between the golden ideals of Post 1945 Western Europe and its current reality compared with how the Sisters think they are during their soundcheck and the actual sound during the gig
good save!!!
bring it on home :lol: :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Simone
Road Kill

Very Funny...He sounds like El Diego talking in 3 person