The reason why the sisters don't put out records...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dan
Overbomber

Elystan wrote:Anyone here listen to much motorhead? What's your opinion on whether anything since the early 90s has been worth doing?
I'd say their earlier stuff is best, but it's still worth going to see them live.
Ah! I see what you're getting at. Good point, well made.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Dan wrote:
Elystan wrote:Anyone here listen to much motorhead? What's your opinion on whether anything since the early 90s has been worth doing?
I'd say their earlier stuff is best, but it's still worth going to see them live.
At least the casual semi-fan going to see Lemmy and co has a chance to catch up with some of the more recent songs. I wonder how many who turn up to the Girls' shows but aren't obsessive fans - like this blogger http://moblogs.wordpress.com/2011/11/14 ... -111111-2/ - find the gigs a positive experience.
Dan
Overbomber

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Dan wrote:
At least the casual semi-fan going to see Lemmy and co has a chance to catch up with some of the more recent songs. I wonder how many who turn up to the Girls' shows but aren't obsessive fans - like this blogger http://moblogs.wordpress.com/2011/11/14 ... -111111-2/ - find the gigs a positive experience.
Yeah, he's complaining that he couldn't sing along to the new songs because they were unfamiliar to him, what with them not having been released as an album.

But conversely, speaking as a casual semi-fan of Motorhead I'd much rather see a gig consisting of the old favourites that I know rather than some new songs I've never heard before and which maybe aren't as good as the older songs.
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dan wrote: At least the casual semi-fan going to see Lemmy and co has a chance to catch up with some of the more recent songs. I wonder how many who turn up to the Girls' shows but aren't obsessive fans - like this blogger http://moblogs.wordpress.com/2011/11/14 ... -111111-2/ - find the gigs a positive experience.
For what it's worth, I've brought two people only casually aquianted with the Sisters to 2011 live shows, and both loved it, one even noting how massively better the performance sounded than the studio versions. And they were thoroughly rocked by the new tunes like Summer and Arms even though they didn't know those songs.
Being645
Wiki wizard

stufarq wrote:
Being645 wrote:And didn't Von do the background music for this film titled Event Horizon just around the time of that tour? ...
No. Michael kamen and orbital did and it was released the year before.
Ha, thanks for the info ... :D ...

stufarq wrote:
Elystan wrote:Seriously for a second now, I just observed a metallica fan bitching about the fact that the latter half of their career has been a total shambles. Perhaps with bands that last 30 years, it's only really about the first 15 anyway. Anyone here listen to much motorhead? What's your opinion on whether anything since the early 90s has been worth doing?
Can't speak for Motorhead but Peter Gabriel's work over the last 30+ years has generally been of high quality. However, he sometimes takes years to get an album out because he keeps getting distracted by other things. Elvis Costello, on the other hand, releases an album every Tuesday without fail and they rarely give cause for complaint.
Exactly, people differ and so do musicians. Bowie were another example ...

As to Motörhead (as much as other bands who regularly produce new albums) ...
I think it's normal that most people tend to prefer those songs they grew up with. It's not necessarily a matter of quality ...
Motörhead are very unique and just original in what they do and they do it perfectly ... :lol: ...

Maybe, getting covered by other bands would be more of a mark of quality for the songs from a certain band... :wink: ...
iesus
Overbomber

Sisters don't need an album like LP's were released in the past.
The only thing they need is a couple of video clips and a way to sell a couple of songs directly to their fans. More relative to the old tradition of singles.
I would love to see a series of super rare singles with songs from the last 15 years or new ones. In vinyl if possible ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."