Alt-Fest 2014

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

DK :eek:
Are they touring again?
No Biafra of course
in dub we trust
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yeah that is a confusing addition..... And in an odd spot on the bill.
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
LyanvisAberrant

So lets get this thing down, as the festival is in 2 months and 25 days ish (i swear to god I'm not counting) who is going? Is there gonna be a HL meet up? :)
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
splintered thing

We are going... if there is a pub or other suitable venue nearby I could possibly be coaxed out from under my rock. Wave a cupcake or a vokda&cranberry at me if at first I fail to respond... ;)
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Dk's are playing in Columbus soon. I want to see them out of curiosity as without Jello they are the Faux Kennedys :lol:
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
splintered thing

News just in we are going to Infest as well as AltFest.... if anyone else is I am jolly happy to say hello!!
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Going to Infest (first time - dont really like ebm and modern industrial, which is basically poor donna summer b-sides made by s**t goths - but know loads of people going to figured it would be a good crack anyway)

Looking into accommodation options for going to Alt-Fest (having left it too late to get a hotel near by and being far too old for that camping nonsense)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
splintered thing

Yes, I am going to Infest primarily for The Husband. (have to admit I don't know any of the bands other than Pitchfork :oops: )

242, VNV & Pitchfork have some splendid choons for swinging yourself around to though, for me it is a clandestine exercise regime - aerobics with better music and no leotards.
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
hellboy69

Alt-Fest cancelled?

Apparently FOTN management says so...

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/14774
Pista
Cureboi

It's not clear just yet.
Looks like one of the band's management team have cancelled their acts & is spreading malicious BS.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =675380967
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
hellboy69

It's no looking good - still no official word from organisers & official Manson FB page has it as "cancelled" https://m.facebook.com/events/145971090 ... 7D&aref=22
Shame for all those who made plans/bought tix if so...
Pista
Cureboi

From Louder Than War
http://louderthanwar.com/alt-fest-2014-cancelled/
Rumours are appearing that the inaugural Alt-Fest has been cancelled; the new festival was due to take place 15-17th August nr Kettering and ft the likes of Gary Numan, Marilyn Manson, Front 242, & Sisters Of Mercy.
Wait. What??
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
hellboy69

Pista wrote:From Louder Than War
http://louderthanwar.com/alt-fest-2014-cancelled/
Rumours are appearing that the inaugural Alt-Fest has been cancelled; the new festival was due to take place 15-17th August nr Kettering and ft the likes of Gary Numan, Marilyn Manson, Front 242, & Sisters Of Mercy.
Wait. What??
Yeah, wish these people would at least check the bloody line-up before publishing their bs. Chris Catalyst responded with a tweet that TSOM were never booked for Ctrl+Alt+Del Fest.
Pista
Cureboi

hellboy69 wrote: Ctrl+Alt+Del Fest.
I see what you did there
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

https://www.facebook.com/AlternativeFest
We at Alt-Fest HQ would like to sincerely apologise for our silence over the last 24 hours. Currently we are working all hours to deal with some extremely challenging & stressful issues for Alt-Fest. We will be able to provide an official statement with full information before Monday and answer any questions you may have at that time. We want you to know that we have been doing everything we can to take the right steps for you: our fans, friends & customers - we assure you we only have your best interests at heart.
Missy and Dom
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Very sad :( - would love to have seen this become an annual event.
Pista
Cureboi

On the official site too

http://www.alt-fest.com/index.html
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Spiggy's hat

Sad news, as the line up looked excellent.

No doubt the problem will be similar to the aborted Cult/m*****n/KJ arena tour of 2012. Too many bands on the bill that headline in 2-3000 capacity venues & share the same fan base in many cases.

As good as the bill was to those of us that love the genre which is the act that can truly pull in the 20-30, 000 fans that could make the whole event financially viable? Who are the biggest alt bands out there? Maybe at least one or two of The Cure/Depeche Mode/Iggy or the Sex Pistols (in one of their active periods) may have had the clout but I suspect it was time to pay the bands their initial fee..........and there just ain't been enough tickets sold to do that. :(
Give me one good reason
LyanvisAberrant

I sold a book from 1760 to go to this festival....
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
hellboy69

Hindsight is easy i guess, but trying to be all things to all subcultures was clearly a tad ambitious. Adding a Metal stage when up against Soni and Bloodstock was a bloody bad move. Starting off with a 1-dayer (as Bloodstock did, indoors for 1,500 people IIRC) far saner than trying to pull in 20-30,000 punters across 6 stages & 4 days.

Gotta admire their level of ambition, but when the official word includes mention of "our fans..." rather than the BACKERS who crowdfunded their initial £60k it looks like these Goffs have lost the bloody plot!
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Hope Mr Numan is right about the refunds ...
http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.uk/Ke ... story.html
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Been lucky for once , left booking Alt fest to the last minute, because going to Rebellion festival the week before , and killing joke the night before in Holmfirth, made it a full on two weekend's

Having just booked 2 nights off work to go to Alt fest , I did notice all hotels full in the area , so decided that I was going to camp. Shame because the Alt fest line up for me would have been the best festival ever held in this country.

Hope you all get your money back.

Did anyone notice Theatre of Hate/Spear of Destiny pulled out of Alt fest first a few weeks ago. ?
I go to gigs, and if there is any money left, I eat
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

For those who enjoy Rebellion but don't fancy camping at festivals, Butlin's have the answer http://www.bigweekends.com/splash-pages ... l-sk.aspx?

Only £89 including three nights accommodation for the weekend (based on four adults sharing a two bed "apartment").
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

LyanvisAberrant wrote:I sold a book from 1760 to go to this festival....
It's a typo, you meant 1960, right? :eek:
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Thankyou Nik , did not see this one before, will go to that. Great its in October when not a lot on.
I go to gigs, and if there is any money left, I eat