Sisters of Murphy/Rhombus - Leeds Oct 11th

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

QUIFFY!!!! REMOVE THAT AVATAR AT ONCE
Only a paand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Sexygoth wrote:QUIFFY!!!! REMOVE THAT AVATAR AT ONCE
;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

<sulks>
Only a paand.
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

yup, see you there Pads and all...!

Be coming along with Moira too...so be nice :)
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Scardwel is head CD plugger (Knew he had a bit of Arthur Daily in him)

Should be good tomorrow night!

Rhombus and the Smurphs are having a 'how many guitars can we get into the venue contest'

Blue Nessy the Rhombus smoke machine will be taking on the smurphs 'Flue-some Two-some'

And Mosley the Rhythm Fascist will be making improper advances to Nurse Landslide.

Talk about entertainment
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Spiggy left and right wont be making an appearence at the venue.... its just too small for one of our smoke machines......

As for the Nurse.... shes been warned against strange drumm machines ;)

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

I best tell Blue Nessy to be on her best behavior
Ed Rhombus

www.rhombus-rock.com
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

See you there Pads & all...bringing Mrs Zuma and a friend too...
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Thanks to all for attending :)

Great to see you all, especially meeting Thrash Harry and introducinng him to eveyone else!!!

Wierd night for us with Nurse Landslide having a few technical difficulties, but it was, as ever fun, Rhombus were great, cant wait to see more...... and mosely won hands down!

Finally, WELL DONE SG!!! not at all bad for a first gig..... whet did your mum and dad think ;)

Paddy.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

none too shabby mr pads (and mr ed). none too shabby at all :)

and hats off to sexygoth for being able to carry a note - didnt think you had it in you ;) :D :D :D a good job well done.

a good night was had by all. danke. :notworthy:

looking forward to the next one... will rhombus be in support there also? me like 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dan
Overbomber

A good night. We got the Fenders Ballroom version of No Time To Cry :P and I reckon SG is a better backing singer than the other one, who I thought went a bit over the top in parts.

One thing I have to mention, cos it was a really weird experience, was Comfortably Numb/Some Kind Of Stranger. I hate to criticise, but to me it sounded appalling (sorry). Comfortably Numb sounded good for the first couple of minutes but then the sound seemed to drop a semitone and it became really slow and plodding. I can only liken it to when as a kid I'd get a single and play it at 33rpm. It didn't pick up for Some Kind Of Stranger either. The song seemed in slow motion and It did cross my mind that someone had slipped something in my drink, but when the next song started everything was back to normal. There were several video cameras around so if anyone was recording during that song there'll maybe be audio evidence, or did I slip into some sort of Twilight Zone during those 2 songs?

Apart from that it was a good show, Rhombus were good too, hope they'll be playing at the next Smurphs gig too.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Padstar wrote:Great to see you all, especially meeting Thrash Harry and introducinng him to eveyone else!!!
The pleasure was all mine! Top nite out. Even Mrs T was impressed and Junior'd got the tabs for Alice and was playing it when we got home! Didn't bring him cos we were a bit worried about an over-enthusiastic football crowd. Unnecessarily so. Most importantly, it reminded me what the Sisters are all about, apart from the songs and sexy lasses. Namely, an intelligent, tolerant, independent-minded audience. If I were Mr Eldritch, I'd be very proud of my children. I reckon I'm gonna have to drag my sorry arse down to pay my respects next time he steps out to shine in Leeds' moonlight.

Meanwhile, hats off to Rhombus and the Smurphs for last night. And to QB for giving us this place. And Sexygoth! That photo didn't do you justice. I think Mrs T's considering monitoring my internet usage. Fortunately, I didn't marry her for her IT skills.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Well Well Well Its looked like I missed a "Top Night Out" again!

Next time you play anywhere near Brsitol/Cardiff I WILL be there!

Sounds like everybody had a great night!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Glad to know that everything worked fine. Huge kisses for the great singer... Sexy Goth.

Now i'm waiting to see you playing in Portugal.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

@ Dan - Fair point m8y, not sure what happened there to be honest..... i could tell there was summat up onstage, but it was hard to make out.... just soldiered on :)

We dont mind been told how it is mate i assure you...... and you seem to know more about the Sisters live than anyone else ive ever met!

And No Time To Cry ? complete mystery that one, they usually just stop completely. As i said, that will teach me to be playing Unreal Tournament whilst recording a set!

Cheers,
Paddy
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Just like to thank everyone, and those of you that were there in spirit, who came down to see us (Rhombus) on Saturday night. Having been away from the "live scene" for more than a decade, I was nervous as hell, and I'd forgotten how hot it can get under those stage lights, but it's left me with a thirst for more.
And big hugs to The Smurphs - we'd love to share a stage with you again.
:notworthy: :kiss: 8)
Ian - Rhythm Smurph
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Re: Comfortable numb - There was indeed something wierd going on - so much so that I got completely lost and may well have played a few bad chords in the middle - which didn't help matters!
Though, I may have been drinking!

Oh - and I don't usually break that many strings and have to keep swapping guitars - still it keeps the sound guys on their toes!
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Hah !!!!

I dont have to snap strings or get pissed to play all the wrong notes !!!!!

ummmm.... oh i see.. :(

Paddy.
Ian - Rhythm Smurph
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Padstar wrote:
I dont have to snap strings or get pissed to play all the wrong notes !!!!!
:wink:
Ian - Rhythm Smurph
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Yes - but you are a much more accomplished guitar player than me!

;-)
keys
Road Kill

It's most reassuring to know i wasn't the only one throwing the odd 'Les Dawson' act into the set!!

Maybe once Dan becomes more familiar with the Rhombus songs, he'll be able to let me know where my mistakes were!! :lol:

At the risk of repeating my comments made on the Rhombus message board, a big thanks for all the support (old and new) and, of course, to the Smurphs for letting us play! :notworthy:

PS. Mosley was looking for too smug this morning and, as such, has been locked away in a flight case for a week as punishment!
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Yeah bigs thanks one and all!!!!!!

Esp the Smurphs, top bunch!

And everyone for buying all the CDs and T shirts!!!!! Great stuff
Ed Rhombus

www.rhombus-rock.com
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Ian - Rhythm Smurph wrote:Re: Comfortable numb - There was indeed something wierd going on - so much so that I got completely lost and may well have played a few bad chords in the middle - which didn't help matters!
Though, I may have been drinking!

Oh - and I don't usually break that many strings and have to keep swapping guitars - still it keeps the sound guys on their toes!
MAY have been drinking??????
Pissed as a fart mate!!!!!
Only a paand.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

And you'd know
Ed Rhombus

www.rhombus-rock.com