Star Wars VII

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

and ive just read that 3d is £4 to £5 more if you include glasses (which i dont have) so if its not necessary to see it in 3d i wont.
now, its late tonight or full of kids tomorrow....or late tomorrow night. :?
Last edited by eastmidswhizzkid on 22 Dec 2015, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
lordofthepies
Road Kill

I've heard that the 3D is not that great and doesn't add anything in this. Most who have seen both preferred the 2D.

e- sorry, what Pista said.
Last edited by lordofthepies on 22 Dec 2015, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
eastmidswhizzkid

noted Pie Lord, ta.

Phil
Amphetamine Filth

I watched it in 3-D but only because the Odeon at Stoke was cheap compared to everywhere else and I already had some 3-D specs. It was good in 3-D but it didn't feel essential.
Anger Is An Energy
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Pista wrote:I saw Gravity in 3D & that was quite sedate in comparison & it looked to have been made with 3D in mind. That was very good. Especially the teardrop moment. Now that was special.
The Lego movie (yes I know) on the other hand didn't really benefit. Probably because it was so manic.
Nothing wrong with the Lego Movie. I thought it was a daft idea and couldn't see what doing it with Lego characters would bring, but then my nephew made me watch it a few weeks ago and I saw how cleverly they'd made it a movie that could ONLY be done with Lego. And it's really funny too.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Pista
Cureboi

Don't get me wrong. I totally loved it. It was nuts. :D
But the 3D showing wasn't that great IMHO. Prolly because of it being as mad as it was.
The film itself though rocked! :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

I saw it in 3-D, and there were quite a few exceptionally well-done usages of it. I generally don't care whether a film is in 3-D or not, but I was actually quite glad I saw it in 3-D.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
eastmidswhizzkid

made my mind up. its much cheaper in 2d and if my son is anything like i was when the very first star wars came out he'll want me to take him to the cinema to see it even though his mums taking him this week. so i'll watch it in 3d when i go to see him. tomorrow night for me then: 10.15pm showing to avoid the crowds of kids . cant wait. :von:

culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

went to see it in 2d, had the same experience as seeing it as the original all those years ago. excellent!
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

My son and his pals, aged 14-17, just returned from seeing it and are already planning to go again, it exceeded their expectations apparently.
Joy

I have seen it twice (so far) and I really love this. Is it allowed to write spoilers? ;D As far as I can see nobody writes about the story...
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
circle

Saw in IMAX today, and it was quite a good experience with the 3D version.
darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com
Joy

Alright.. I'm not giving you spoilers.. these are scenes that have all appeared in trailers and tv spots.

I think it is not difficult to guess who my favourite character is.

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
iesus
Overbomber

The Jedi holding the red lightsaber ? :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
rien

Joy wrote:Alright.. I'm not giving you spoilers.. these are scenes that have all appeared in trailers and tv spots.

I think it is not difficult to guess who my favourite character is.
Evil Hot Topic Baby Snape :oops: :innocent: ;D

Whom else did the non-masked bad guys remind of Mitchell and Webb? I mean, at least half of them looked like Robert Webb and they all had David Mitchell's amusing demeanour of discomfort.
(They also congregated under a flag that looks like a symbolised bumhole, or maybe I've watched too much Community...)
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Saw it last night: hopefully the below is spoiler free:

Not a bad film per se, but it left me a bit underwhelmed. No sense of real menace from the antagonist - it was more like "you don't understand the power of the slightly petulant side of the force!"

Rey was good, though, and has the potential to be a very interesting character.
Pista
Cureboi

lazarus corporation wrote:Saw it last night: hopefully the below is spoiler free:

Not a bad film per se, but it left me a bit underwhelmed. No sense of real menace from the antagonist - it was more like "you don't understand the power of the slightly petulant side of the force!"

Rey was good, though, and has the potential to be a very interesting character.
I liked Rey too & I think therein lies the path of the next episode.
I think with Kylo Ren, there was an element of "force-lite", but I am putting that down to his not completing his training & his fixation with his grandfather (although when he stopped that laser bolt was freakin' awesome).
I guess the title refers to the force awaking for both him & Rey.
A lot of people have described it as bordering on "Star Wars karaoke" & I think that's what Abrams tried to do quite deliberately. He seems to have paid attention to the vitriol directed at episodes i, II & III & avoided going there.
He's used actual models for many of the special effects instead of hours & hours of CGI & the result feels like a proper Star Wars film. :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Joy

rien wrote:
Evil Hot Topic Baby Snape :oops: :innocent: ;D
exactly :oops:
Joy

I think with Kylo Ren, there was an element of "force-lite", but I am putting that down to his not completing his training & his fixation with his grandfather (although when he stopped that laser bolt was freakin' awesome).
It is difficult for me now to write but say nothing I shouldn’t. ;D Kylo Ren is a very interesting character and though at the beginning I did not like him, my mixed feelings by now have moved towards sympathy and liking him. He is not so scary and strong as Maul, Palpatine or Vader were but his character is not about that and that’s what makes it good. His obsession about Vader led him to the dark side. He has not even finished his training, whatever that may include, and you can see that often he cannot control his anger, either. I think his lightsaber perfectly symbolizes him, as it is not perfect, not like a real lightsaber, it is more like something assembled by someone who is not a real expert yet. His story will be interesting later on…
Pista
Cureboi

Is it just me or did anyone else think Kylo looks like Stiv Bators?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Joy

Indeed.. but there is a real resemblance to Adam Driver. :lol:
mh
Above the Chemist

rien wrote:Evil Hot Topic Baby Snape :oops: :innocent: ;D
Speaking of which: https://twitter.com/KyloR3n?lang=en

:lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
rien

mh wrote:
rien wrote:Evil Hot Topic Baby Snape :oops: :innocent: ;D
Speaking of which: https://twitter.com/KyloR3n?lang=en

:lol:
Haha yes, that's where I got the Hot Topic part from ;D
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
GC
Slight Overbomber

I'm happy with a CGI free wookie....

Chewie has n't aged at all...I expected a few grey hairs around his mouth just like an old sheepdog.

But I loved it...seen them all in the cinema at the first showing. (Felt old but content :D )
iesus
Overbomber

One of the worst movies i have seen ever in my life. Run away save your pounds, dollars, euros, yen, krones whatever currency you have... :lol:
i was not warned, but if you read this you are lucky you were ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."