THE SISTERS OF MERCY 2016 !!!

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2016
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

It's not where they want to play, but where promoters want them to play. If there's no desire, interest ($ €) from promoters site, then they not gonna play.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

ageofmaya wrote: What is the reason TSOM don't come to ex-Yu?!?! They can surely survive 1-2 days here?? Or they can't??
And come here, Sisters!! Hallo!!??? :)
You exaggerate. They played in Belgrade last in 2012 ... :wink: ... http://sisterswiki.org/Fri,_29-Jun-2012

Still your personal resentment towards whoever is not welcome with me! Especially not, since it comes in almost each of your-posts ...

Political issues (... err...) are discussed in General Chat. Open a topic there for discussion
about ex-Yougouslavia, the Czech Republic, the current refugee crisis, the recent terror attacks,
the last propaganda campaign or whatever you like, but please stop your complaining about Czechs in every second sentence!!!
Bartek wrote:It's not where they want to play, but where promoters want them to play. If there's no desire, interest ($ €) from promoters site, then they not gonna play.
Absolutely. They always say "We play, where were are invited to do so ...", i.e., where they are booked to play.
So lobbying your local promoters should be the right track to follow ... :wink: ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

What a strange time Being when we agree with eachother. :lol:

And btw., there's a slim chance that TSOM doesn't want to play in "Ex-Yu", it might have something with local promoter, what he/she did or didn't do, but that's just my wild speculation, and i have not information, facts to suport that; it's just a thought.
Last edited by Bartek on 03 Feb 2016, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Apart from Brussels, are tickets selling fast? Selling out?
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Depprocksfarfar wrote:Apart from Brussels, are tickets selling fast? Selling out?
Probably selling slower than usual because of the twice cancelled Cologne and Berlin gigs.

Brussels I took over a month to sell out, normally they sell out the first Brussels date in just a few days.

But if this tour runs without problems I guess ticket sales will be back to normal levels the next tour.
Depprocksfarfar

Clearly there's A LOT on stake this time. Let's say Eldritch throat is f**ked once again after just one gig, that's probably the end of them touring, and only summer festivals will remain in the future.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Yup, promoters might be pisssed off, if something not gonna work as it should. If another "throat accident" happen future is more likely: summer festivals and touring small clubs where financial risk is considerably smaller.
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Illness and postponed gigs happened before, too. I don’t think the latest two diseases mean that there would be more such cases in the future. Such accidents happen sometimes. I think he was cured thoroughly and he has taken good care of his voice since then. There is no doubt that he does his best to keep his voice all right.
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Depprocksfarfar

Of course, and i meant IF, but they haven't cancelled three gigs in a row before, at the same place, in a rather short amount of time...for exactly the same reason. And taking care of his voice by heavily chain-smoking? He's not really a youngster anymore. I struggle to see FKP Scorpio just thinking it's ok! So yes, there's more at stake this time. But hopefully they will pull it through!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Everything was written in what if style. I sure that no one (here) is wishing him all the worst.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Depprocksfarfar wrote:Clearly there's A LOT on stake this time. Let's say Eldritch throat is f**ked once again after just one gig, that's probably the end of them touring, and only summer festivals will remain in the future.
Well, that's the result if you go to work while you're not fully recovered from a throat infection in order to keep your fans and promoters happy ... *sigh ...

As to the most recent cold I caught (by infection, not because I got wet and cold) in October, that took me more than 2 months !!! to get rid of all the symptoms
... :urff: :evil: :urff: :evil: :urff: :evil: ...

Obviously, the infections spread by the pharma industries through vaccination this season had been especially bad ... :urff: :evil: :urff: :evil: :urff: :evil: ...
Joy wrote:Illness and postponed gigs happened before, too. I don’t think the latest two diseases mean that there would be more such cases in the future. Such accidents happen sometimes. I think he was cured thoroughly and he has taken good care of his voice since then. There is no doubt that he does his best to keep his voice all right.
Absolutely.
Joy

Depprocksfarfar wrote: And taking care of his voice by heavily chain-smoking?
Whether he is still a chain smoker or not – that is something only he and the people the closest to him would know. He obviously smoked much less in the gigs of the last two years. This is the part that we, fans could also see. But we can only guess how much he reduced the daily portions in his private life… but I think if he smokes much less and weaker cigarettes on stage that may be true in general, too.
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Depprocksfarfar

Well, it's illegal to smoke in most places nowadays, so that's probably why you haven't seen him done so in the last couple of years. But no, i can't prove he's still a chain-smoker. And please believe when i say i want them to tour! Every year, week and day! I do not enjoy a single bit when they cancel. Im just worried. Ok?
Pista
Cureboi

Just seen on their twitter feed
The Sisters Of Mercy ‏@tsomofficial 2m2 minutes ago
Finally, more Sisters gigs for 2016 to be announced very soon. #Incoming
1 retweet 1 like
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

For those of you not using Twitter:
The Sisters on Twitter wrote: The last remaining 2015 tour shirts are on the Sisters webstore now. Very few left, so don't hang around.

Also on the shop are all the classics - Alice, Reptile House, MR, Marry Me Young etc. Plus workshirts, tote bags... http://bit.ly/1uIzDfS

Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Iceland, Greenland and North Pole. That would be cool placese to play gigs. Or at least Lebanon.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

lazarus corporation wrote:For those of you not using Twitter:
The Sisters on Twitter wrote: The last remaining 2015 tour shirts are on the Sisters webstore now. Very few left, so don't hang around.

Also on the shop are all the classics - Alice, Reptile House, MR, Marry Me Young etc. Plus workshirts, tote bags... http://bit.ly/1uIzDfS

Hah! ... ;D ;D ;D ...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Even though I'm interested in hearing where they are going next, I find it quite brave to announce even more gigs when we don't know yet how the throat is going to cope with the march tour :?
Depprocksfarfar

Since no one knows anything about the upcoming gigs, and usually this forum knows everything way before its officially announced, i'll put my money on a US tour this time.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

My money would go on cruise ship on Black Sea.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Chris Catalyst ‏@ChrisCatalyst

My tours for the year start today... UK, Europe, UK, Japan, South America, Europe again, USA (TBC), more Europe. Hectic, and I can't wait!!
2 minutes later:

(Sisters fans - don't read into that last tweet too much - I know what you're like (bless you). I work for/with lots of bands.)
:lol: :notworthy:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Bartek wrote:My money would go on cruise ship on Black Sea.
I'm hearing a tour of Northern working mans comedy clubs is in the pipeline... there won't be a dry ice in the house
Goths have feelings too
Joy

euphoria wrote:

My tours for the year start today... UK, Europe, UK, Japan, South America, Europe again, USA (TBC), more Europe. Hectic, and I can't wait!!
2 minutes later:

(Sisters fans - don't read into that last tweet too much - I know what you're like (bless you). I work for/with lots of bands.)
:lol: :notworthy:
:lol: :lol:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

And hence the old saying...

A Chris of all bands...
Goths have feelings too
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Although, thinking about it (sorry about that, Chris)...South America and USA don't sound much like his other bands, do they? :innocent: ;D