the new m*****n single

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Mav787
One life, all I need

I think Wayne wrote the music and the lyrics. The rest of the band then added their own magic. Sounds like a lot of the drums are done by a drum machine
Pista
Cureboi

Other than the 2 promos it's not actually so "Sisters-y". It's more like the Chapter 22 period Mish & it's not half bad.
I turned my back on them when Masque was released, but I am finding this one very appealing.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Brad wrote:Yeah my apologies, I was being rather flippant. It just seemed weird in that original interview from Wayne, he talked of how he was disconnected from his band mates in making this record, and how everything was "me, me, me".

Just wonder how much input there was as a band.
It always was like this, wayne bringing the songs. Do not know any song not from his hands. Input from the others was different as they were around.
When it comes to material it is and wad his band.
love is just a shot away
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Brad wrote:Yeah my apologies, I was being rather flippant. It just seemed weird in that original interview from Wayne, he talked of how he was disconnected from his band mates in making this record, and how everything was "me, me, me".

Just wonder how much input there was as a band.
So THAT's what WH means when he invokes the spirit of FALAA, the megalomaniac singer controlling every aspect of the band. Good to hear Craig recycling the Fix riff, and the Afterhours pastiche is quite well done too.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

The more I listen, the more I dig this album. Top work guys
Goths have feelings too
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

paint it black wrote:The more I listen, the more I dig this album. Top work guys
I've listened to a few snippets on YouTube, but am purposely saving myself for when the CD drops through the letterbox
Four strings good, six strings bad
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:We should note that the Sisters had started doing Emma before Wayne joined. :lol:
But not before Craig joined...
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote: Instead we see him recycling past works. He doesn't need to do that, he's better than that, and it's a shame to see him not use his talent.
Are we still taliking about Wayne here :innocent:
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Durly
Road Kill

Pista wrote:Other than the 2 promos it's not actually so "Sisters-y". It's more like the Chapter 22 period Mish & it's not half bad.
I turned my back on them when Masque was released, but I am finding this one very appealing.
I agree. So Wayne is accurate in his description, I guess, as Chapter 22 Mish was directly in between FALAA and GOM.

I agree re Masque. I absolutely hated it. No redeeming features whatsoever. A godawful mess of an album.
Mav787
One life, all I need

Watch out for an interview with Wayne and Craig coming out in the next week or so. Not seen it myself but I'm told it may make for interesting reading for Sisters fans
Pista
Cureboi

Mav787 wrote:Watch out for an interview with Wayne and Craig coming out in the next week or so. Not seen it myself but I'm told it may make for interesting reading for Sisters fans
It's not the Mojo one is it?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Mav787
One life, all I need

I'm told it's not out yet. I'll find out tomorrow where it's going to appear
Pat
Slight Overbomber

The album is great, my productivity went through the roof this afternoon. Phantom Pain made me laugh (Sounds familiar in places). I wish the m*****n had always been this good.
paint it black

They are on early tomorrow 7.25 and again main set 8.35
Goths have feelings too
Swinnow
Overbomber

New album arrived first thing this morning and have given it a good going over on the way across to Liverpool and the Wirral. It's actually rather good, but I could be viewed as biased.

Could get used to the idea of new albums tbh.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
paint it black

http://muzine.nl/interview/the-wonder-s ... he-m*****n

Take note tsom fans.

They were brilliant last night
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I got through the first two songs on the album before I gave up. :urff:

It just confirms to me that everything t'Mish have done past about 1990 has just not interested me.

Sorry Wayne, you may claim that "that signature 12-string jingle jangle" sound on the FALAA album is definitive, but you can't base a whole career off of it...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Was supposed to be seeing them in Glasgow tonight, but had to pull out due to a leg injury. :(
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
iesus
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:Was supposed to be seeing them in Glasgow tonight, but had to pull out due to a leg injury. :(
Best wishes for quick recover Stu. I am sure you would love to hear Bella Lugosi tonight :(
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Pista
Cureboi

stufarq wrote:Was supposed to be seeing them in Glasgow tonight, but had to pull out due to a leg injury. :(
Oh cr@p :(
Hope you're on the mend real soon.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Thanks guys. It's not something that's just happened - been off six or seven weeks now with a torn calf muscle. It is mending, but I don't fancy all the travelling (especially the half hour wait at Ratho, where there was a shooting recently), and chances are I'd have to stand all night (I think the ABC might have a couple of seats near the bar, but don't want to take the risk).
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I am sincerely glad a lot of people are finding joy in this new Mish album.

I'm in markfiend's camp on this one.

I tried as well to give it a fair listen but just couldn't get through it.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Brad wrote:I am sincerely glad a lot of people are finding joy in this new Mish album.

Same here, as always. The m*****n is not for me, that much is clear after decades of useless tries ...

But hell, there are enough people to like them, so what.
Chillburnout
Road Kill

i was a bit shocked when i heard afterhours on the album too,not just walk away and falaa...but its far better than the marian 7" anyway (ok not a hard job)
iesus
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
Brad wrote:I am sincerely glad a lot of people are finding joy in this new Mish album.

Same here, as always. The m*****n is not for me, that much is clear after decades of useless tries ...

But hell, there are enough people to like them, so what.
May i join the party ?

My tries failed in the past horribly, only one album of M**n made a positive hearing experience for me.
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."