Where are you off to? Enquiring minds need to know

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i have two Darkness gigs this week for which I have been waiting for two years. I will see loads of my friends and have some downtime at last.
I bet Ofsted ring.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Whispering sons in Brum next week .
twp
Amphetamine Filth

New Model Army, tonight, tomorrow night at Rock City, Saturday at the Roundhouse.
Half Man Half Biscuit - several
SmileySister

Fields of the Nephilim & more - Whitby 2022 (happy dance)

I got a free ticket for British Lion at the Tiv the other night. Didn't think it was going to be my thing but I had a blast and no Gin was involved. I nearly crapped myself driving home, I've never witnessed wind like it. Talk about Trees Come Down! Hope everyone kept safe :)
SmileySister

twp wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 13:38 New Model Army, tonight, tomorrow night at Rock City, Saturday at the Roundhouse.
Half Man Half Biscuit - several
Are you going to the Shrewsbury HMHB gig?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

didnt bother going to see Gaye Bykers as ive lost copunt of the times ive seen them & Tony Byker didnt make it from Japan. which leaves Mary being the consumate professional holding together a sinking ship - exactly as he does with PWEI. say what you like about CUNT POPPY -& i always have- but when he was in the band he was such an utterly egocentric tosspot he sure as f**k wasnt going to do more than his share of the workload so the other mebers had to pull their weight.

couldnt get into the NMA gigs at RC. left it too late to buy tix, wasnt prepared to pay the 'just coveing my costs' -MY ARSE- prices on fb , and my HA contact is hard to get hold of right now -the others have died ffs! (RIP Rat )

Didnt bother going to see TheCult tribute band on the premise that the proprer Cult werent all that in the first place.

Igor -who i didnt want to see but was keeping my preggaz lil sis company have rearranged AGAIN.

which leaves The Smurphs... which i am just going to turn up to. No way will Paddy refuse to let me in if i have the door £ and have hitched all the way from Leiscetesr.

even Pip Blom, my new Dutch band who have listed me for feb are cancelling /rearranging dates willy-nilly . Never mind

f**k it- looks like my Aunt has got me a ticket to see Liverpool at Leicester on boxing day which will be great except i'll be in with all the home fans lol.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

Also booked for Whitby 2022. Line up is looking very good. So far have announced Neffs, Ghost Dance, Balaam and my new fav band Bootblacks.
trying to be the person my dog already thinks i am......
SmileySister

black smurf wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 11:42 Also booked for Whitby 2022. Line up is looking very good. So far have announced Neffs, Ghost Dance, Balaam and my new fav band Bootblacks.
It's a cracking line up. We must have a HL meet in the pub this time :)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

black smurf wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 11:42 Also booked for Whitby 2022. Line up is looking very good. So far have announced Neffs, Ghost Dance, Balaam and my new fav band Bootblacks.
i rhought the friday was looking good as i hate Balam with a pasison and wont have to pay for both nights. however if they put a class act on like NMA oe rgw Lorries...would be hard to resist the full weekend.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

SmileySister wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 11:51
It's a cracking line up. We must have a HL meet in the pub this time :)
Agreed a pub meet up would be great. Will have to wear something very very plain to recognise each other...!!!Have gone for the weekend ticket, still decent value before further announcements. Would like Vince Ripper and the Rodent Show, The Smurphs , March Violets and NMA......PRETTY PLEASE. :bat:
OLDFART

Whispering sons were outstanding in Brum last night , nice venue as well .
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
OLDFART

THE KVB in Leicester tomorrow .
SmileySister

The Chameleons & Membranes in Liverpool
NMA in Chester
Ian McNabb in Chester
CorrosionFest - various
Killing Joke - Liverpool
Hawklords & Faces of Sarah - The Tiv in Buckley
Peter Hook - Liverpool

That takes me to April/May
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

Echo and The Bunnymen were excellent at the Albert Hall, Manc last night. Next up Dub Pistols, Skunk Anansie and The M**h.
Swinnow
Overbomber

t'Mish - Leeds Academy - 17th April
NMA - Leeds Academy - 10th September
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
OLDFART

Spiritualized - Brum and Notts

Ritual howls - Notts
Wyrd Sister
Road Kill

Local band Romero album launch, if I feel up to venturing out.
Much too young but far too old, to be all cranked up with nowhere to go
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

Saw Skunk Anansie last friday night at Warehouse Manchester. Not too keen on the venue too big and cold/drafty but a totally brilliant gig. Skin on top form, would recommend .
sultan2075
Overbomber

I’ve still got tickets to see Neubauten in Luxembourg this summer, hopefully on the way to visit my father-in-law in Vilnius. Both have been postponed continually since Covid.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
badge
Road Kill

Just booked tickets and flights to see Iggy Pop in Nantes next month. First gig and indeed trip since Covid started. I'd kinda got bored with travelling for gigs and indeed gigs. But the thought of Iggy, smaller venue on the Free tour was a little bit irresistible.
ASPERUM AESTIMARE FIMI ALIQUID HODIE
XidiouX
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Belatedly Simple Minds at the OVO Hydro in Glasgow Wednesday before last. Greatest hits tour so a lot of material to cover, hence no guest act and two sets by The Minds beginning shortly after 8 and ending about 11. And what a stonking, rumbling, lower digestive system-quaking gig it was. You know The Minds: a huge barrage of drums, fleets of guitars, salvos of synths. Gigantic songs with, thankfully, a gigantic setting and sound system to do justice to them: 40+ years on and they've never sounded better. Sisters fans would appreciate the way in which the older (pre-NGD) tracks have been given stonking reworkings, although I would say done a bit more subtly than TSOM. Only fly in the ointment was my 2 1/2 hr wait for a taxi home. But when I did return, immediate purchase of ticket for the second Edinburgh gig of the New Gold Dream (81,82,83,84) 40th Anniversary Tour this summer - all proceeds (or profits, can't remember) to Ukraine charities.

They played a heartbreaking Belfast Child, prefaced by some words by Mr Kerr to the effect that, although times may have changed in the town that originally inspired this song, it now applies to other places.
Last edited by XidiouX on 16 Apr 2022, 21:18, edited 4 times in total.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Head Of Steam in Headingley, although less of a where are you off as much as a where have you just been. Blimey the near endless procession of fancy-dress sheep brings to mind decades-old night out in Blackpool, or the odd Sisters gig. Either way, thanks to the exceptional company, the groovy tunes, the decent food, and the free pint, a thoroughly fabulous Saturday off work, and one Motorhead Road Crew pint glass better off in our kitchen.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Never miss the Otley Road Runners!

I'm off to Whitby at the end of the week for a much quieter Goth Weekend than most. Actually looking forward to it being a bit lowkey, then I'll see about the October special.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Off to see Gary Numan in a couple of weeks. That's come round quick!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell