2023-09-23 The Roundhouse, London, UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Suuuuuuper exited! War on drugs would be phenominal, on the wire equally so. What about a new one though? NTTC playing in the enterpriseeeee
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

ROBBIE wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 18:32 So if Dylan does not play tonight we canhave Chris play guitar with Ben, they can share the singing while AE plays nurse to the Doktor!! ;D
If Dylan doesn't play it's a very bad sign. Loads of songs have been written since he came in. Got to hope that things have been patched up and the sound is way better tonight.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
ruffers
Overbomber

I've been badgering Ben to play Walk Away given how well it went down last time and especially because Andrew appears not to get it 🤣

Re Dylan I had a quick word with him on the way out last night and about seeing him tomorrow and he was very "if I'm there". Hopefully things have calmed down but a big portion of the set are tunes he co wrote so that would be weird. The narrative that Chris happens to be on hand is tempting though...
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
LyanvisAberrant

I hear rumors of a fired guitarist. Hope everything's ok.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Jezleam
Road Kill

Anyone have a spare TICKET ?!? ..

I NEED ONE. lol
Being645
Wiki Wizard

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 19:39 I hear rumors of a fired guitarist. Hope everything's ok.
Oh hell, they're all no pubescent schoolboys anymore who would throw away a good thing running well for one unpleasant event. At least I really hope so. We've seen so many worse days, so why should that happen...

Anyway, wishing everybody over there another great concert and a top night out full of love and joy and pleasure and fun, and an adequate portion of resilience and frustration tolererance if and where necessary ... ;D ;D ;D ...
LyanvisAberrant

Being645 wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 20:18
LyanvisAberrant wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 19:39 I hear rumors of a fired guitarist. Hope everything's ok.
Oh hell, they're all no pubescent schoolboys anymore who would throw away a good thing running well for one unpleasant event. At least I really hope so. We've seen so many worse days, so why should that happen...

Anyway, wishing everybody over there another great concert and a top night out full of love and joy and pleasure and fun, and an adequate portion of resilience and frustration tolererance if and where necessary ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Fingers damn well crossed its just rumours
LyanvisAberrant

Sound for the support seems better tonight. Hella exited whatever happens. I love this!
mh
Above the Chemist

2 guitarists microphones on stage. The one on "Dylan's side" is taller. Maybe it's all nothing and everything will be alright, etc.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Jezleam
Road Kill

Seated tix at boxoffice by the way .plentry ish..
LyanvisAberrant

No dylan.
ruffers
Overbomber

Just on stage, and we are a guitarist short. .Chris still nursing.

Started with I will call you btw. Let's see if we have anything to say. Vocals a bit thinner already minus Dylan.
FireInReptileHouse

"so that happened..." :von:
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
ruffers
Overbomber

FireInReptileHouse wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 21:20 "so that happened..." :von:
And we move on to Ribbons
mh
Above the Chemist

Alice.

They sound good, well fired-up.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
ruffers
Overbomber

Alice starts with Von with his arm around Ben, saying 'this is what we do"

Ben is spending a lot of time over where Dylan would have been. As I recall they were mates?

And Chris carries on doing his stationary Kraftwerk audition at the back

A good Alice though, didn't suffer from being a guitar short for me.
Husek

I wonder how the lack of two guitarists will affect the setlist.

I will call you, Alice and ribbons are all songs where the rhythm guitar is just doubling the bass anyway
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
ruffers
Overbomber

ImageDDOI is solid.

Genevieve. Vocals at the start being just Ben are a bit
again.

For me it's all ok but we are missing that second guitar.
Last edited by ruffers on 23 Sep 2023, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
copper
Amphetamine Filth

Shades of Wake with the makeshift lineup.

Sad time, but those three can salvage the wreck.
ruffers
Overbomber

copper wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 21:31 Shades of Wake with the makeshift lineup.

Sad time, but those three can salvage the wreck.
Indeed. Not the first time we've been here.
Husek

ruffers wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 21:30 ImageDDOI is solid.

Genevieve. Vocals at the start being just Ben are a bit
again.

For me it's all ok but we are missing that second guitar.
Geneviève and DDOI have more active rhythm guitar parts, not surprised it doesn't sound as good.

Another thing that occurred me, the fact Chris isn't playing might indicate that Dylan is merely on a timeout or something? Assuming that straight up replacing him would be disrespectful
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
ruffers
Overbomber

The lack of a second guitar shows up the crapness of the not real bass unfortunately.

FALAA. Last night the start was great, Dylan on a twelve string jingling and jangling.

Don't get me wrong, this is good, but they'd become really really good live....
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Husek wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 21:33Geneviève and DDOI have more active rhythm guitar parts, not surprised it doesn't sound as good.

Another thing that occurred me, the fact Chris isn't playing might indicate that Dylan is merely on a timeout or something? Assuming that straight up replacing him would be disrespectful
Not to mention it‘s unsure how familiar Chris is with the new material. Rehearsing overnight? Seems a bit ambitious …
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

Jan wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 21:36
Husek wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 21:33Geneviève and DDOI have more active rhythm guitar parts, not surprised it doesn't sound as good.

Not to mention it‘s unsure how familiar Chris is with the new material. Rehearsing overnight? Seems a bit ambitious …
i think he's not familiar with the use of the kemper amps
- since 1992 -
ruffers
Overbomber

Jan wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 21:36

I'm sure Chris could play rhythm on these at short notice,.