2023 set list: your hopes and fears?

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
DJW
Road Kill

Disappointing set lists so far, but it’s not uncommon for the girls to vary very little for first few dates. Hoping for more variation as the tour progresses.
primasvisage
Road Kill

Husek wrote: 22 May 2023, 18:28
Incoming! wrote: 22 May 2023, 18:20
Husek wrote: 22 May 2023, 00:17

Puzzled, why on the beach was dropped?

Idk, I love the sisters, hands down my favourite band and I'd kill to see them live again and again.

But I can't help to compare them with let's say the cure.
How come old man Bobby can go on the stage for 3 hrs, play songs from all eras (literally debuted new stuff last week I heard) but the girls can't play more than 75mins? And we gotta listen to Dr jeep night after night with no sign of other new songs or some pre FALAA stuff
I read an article recently released where AE said that Americans "needed" to hear the new stuff whether they wanted to or not. I suspect that is because we need more world education perspective? We are quite ethnocentric and closed minded.
Well I'd be down to more new songs, but if anything we are getting fewer new songs if we compare to the European leg.

On the beach is gone, she's a monster was only played once, and god only knows what happened with kickline
I get it, but why not compare them to the Residents? or Turbonegro?
ongoinging
Kutan
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I would never have thought that this should be the biggest fear: ANDREW GROWLS LIKE A PRIMARY SCHOOL DEATH METAL SINGER. What a shame, I thought we were over it. Now I have 2 tickets (Würzburg & Stuttgart) and I really hope that it will be good in spite of HIM...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Kutan wrote: 29 May 2023, 23:43 I would never have thought that this should be the biggest fear: ANDREW GROWLS LIKE A PRIMARY SCHOOL DEATH METAL SINGER. What a shame, I thought we were over it. Now I have 2 tickets (Würzburg & Stuttgart) and I really hope that it will be good in spite of HIM...
They'll have their full gear with them over here, so your chances are good ... :wink: ...
Anyway, i understand what you mean. For me it's not that bad, since I like this rawness ... :lol: ;D ...
Though with time, yeah, one wishes for a clean recording of all these songs without that much pressure and might take refuge to last years gigs
or even to the albums for a change. Anyway now, this is America, no way to have it sound like Europe or like the old records.
Cedarjet
Amphetamine Filth

Hopes: Train, We Are the Same Suzanne, Walk Away, Giving Ground, Body Electric, Jolene
Fears: none really.
Trying is the first step towards failure
(Homer Simpson)
iesus
Overbomber

Kutan wrote: 29 May 2023, 23:43 I would never have thought that this should be the biggest fear: ANDREW GROWLS LIKE A PRIMARY SCHOOL DEATH METAL SINGER.
I missed that the time it was posted! Gave me a lots of good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice one :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
:bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Bring back "She's a Monster".
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Almiche V wrote: 19 Jun 2023, 22:43 Bring back "She's a Monster".
Von forgot the words
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Planet Dave wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 20:04 Hopes : Ribbons - full slew of unreleased songs - Doctor Jeep extended encore, guitarists and Dok thrashing away long after Von has stubbed out his second post-gig cig.

Fears : none, it's just a gig, go with the flow and have a damn fine time.

:D
Forget that, let's have a Roundhouse show full of unreleased songs and not a single track from any album single or EP. The roar in 2021 that greeted for eg Summer, or But Genevieve in the encores (Sat night), is proof enough that this is what the crowd needs rather than wants. Sort it Von! In no way is this post a sorry attempt at distracting myself from Australia needing 62 runs with 3 wickets remaining. The Ashes are almost as mesmerizing as Sisters gigs ;D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Dr. Moody

Seconded, just play the new stuff and then more new stuff. I never want to hear More, Jeep or Crash and Burn again they're taking up valuable space, can bin Marian too. Ditto the encores. Shake it up a bit.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Dr. Moody wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 19:25 Seconded, just play the new stuff and then more new stuff. I never want to hear More, Jeep or Crash and Burn again they're taking up valuable space, can bin Marian too. Ditto the encores. Shake it up a bit.
I don't mind hearing any of those, at all, ever, and Crash & Burn most assuredly counts as 'unreleased' and therefore 'most definitely in', but all that said, YES, there's easily 80+ minutes of entirely-stonking-as-good-as-it's-ever-been unreleased songs, just gotta play 'em! Imagine the roar that would greet the intro to Slept, for example. Or She's A Monster, Black Sail, Susanne, or Arms Still War on Drugs or especially Romeo Down or etc. Anything they play will never bore me cos 99.9% of the s**t they ever wrote is brilliant, but, as you say ....

....either way Doc we'll have a blast before during and after :lol: :D :notworthy:

(I type this listening to Metallica's Load followed by Hardwired thinking they never need to play Creeping Death etc ever again, no worries if they do but they really don't. Saw Motorhead a few times but not enough to start thinking 'just play the new album ffs', though of course they always should and could have done exactly that. Anyway, rant over before I start to glitch like a prototype replicant :lol: )
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Dr. Moody

I saw Motorhead twice and they could play whatever they want I didn't care, same applies to the Sisters, don't get me wrong I'm happy to see em at all. But as you say a set of all the new stuff would be chef's kiss wonderful. See ya in the usual spots soon enought anyway...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Roundhouse is at present the best chance of any surprises to the setlist and that is the sole reason that I will be leaving the pub.

I have been lucky I’ve seen the evolution to the fixed set (save the shift of Crash and Burn) and the only “radical” thing to occur on the tour. The rest appears to be a sound lottery based largely on where one chooses to stand (or sit)
Goths have feelings too
Dr. Moody

We need an annual Antwerp gig that solely showcases the new songs, strictly no crowd pleasing filler. Now that I'd travel for.
Icon

Dr. Moody wrote: 21 Jun 2023, 11:59 We need an annual Antwerp gig that solely showcases the new songs, strictly no crowd pleasing filler. Now that I'd travel for.
Yes, please! :D
Since the last interview, mentioning the „crazy woman“, I believe though that he doesn‘t live in Antwerp anymore.
I suggest Hamburg, his old home therefore. ;D
Dr. Moody

Yeah, Hamburg it it then. That'll do nicely.
Yggdrasil

Dr. Moody wrote: 21 Jun 2023, 11:59 We need an annual Antwerp gig that solely showcases the new songs, strictly no crowd pleasing filler. Now that I'd travel for.
Hear hear!

And the entire venue wired with AV equipment to capture all of it in perfect quality.
Esoterica
Road Kill

Hopes: Suzanne/Susanne, Anaconda, and of course, the extended version of Doctor Jeep. And maybe a cover of Confide in Me.
Fears: Not hearing Eldritch over loud guitars or feedback from amps.
Question: Why does he freeze in the laser lights?
Icon

Hopes: many many many new songs. Fears: Ben doing the lead vocals. :|
DJW
Road Kill

Fears for autumn 2023: more of the same - same basic set list template that was followed night in, night out in the US with minimum variation.

Hopes: even 2 or 3 of the allegedly finished, unheard tracks would be lovely.

And some high quality audience recordings to allow us to update our private archives…
Esoterica
Road Kill

DJW, the audiences generally do a good job recording and posting the latest concerts.
Dr. Moody

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Dr. Moody wrote: 14 Sep 2023, 15:09 Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: clocking Dylan Christo's appendage count, can we expect a return of Arms into the setlist? :innocent: ;D

Ben Christo : Lead guitar / lead vocal / lead posing
Von Christo : Leg wriggling / stage prowling / finger wagging
Ravey Christo : DJ vibes
Dylan Christo : Whatever he likes, who's gonna argue with Thor?

We love you boys, see you next week :kiss:
Icon

Planet Dave wrote: 14 Sep 2023, 15:19
Dr. Moody wrote: 14 Sep 2023, 15:09 Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: clocking Dylan Christo's appendage count, can we expect a return of Arms into the setlist? :innocent: ;D

Ben Christo : Lead guitar / lead vocal / lead posing
Von Christo : Leg wriggling / stage prowling / finger wagging
Ravey Christo : DJ vibes
Dylan Christo : Whatever he likes, who's gonna argue with Thor?

We love you boys, see you next week :kiss:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I’d love a thumping bass and Dr heavy Romeo Down. Like from 2000 ish. Not keen on the stripped down version now.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”