Bizarre cover versions

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

snubnoseuk wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:
snubnoseuk wrote: Is that the D Mode song? :eek:
Yep.
I never, EVER want to hear it. :eek:
Really not that bad and MGT does some great guitarwork on it. This should really bash your ears though:

http://www.gathering.galileo.com.pl/mp3 ... 0Again.mp3

Note 3.4 MB.

8)
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Black Shuck wrote:Oi! don't knock the Cell.
they are the cover version kings!
Jansenclone, Quiff Boy, I'd like to hear the pair of you come up with a better Hendrix medley.
True, I even have a soft spot for 'You Only Live Twice' even if I end up thinking of Robbie Williams now which can't be a good thing. But the Hendrix Medley... I mean, come on...

As for coming up with something better, doubtful too. Never tried Hendrix but we did attempt a version of BA Robertson's 'Bang Bang' once. That never made it out of the rehearsal room thankfully...
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Karst wrote:Really not that bad and MGT does some great guitarwork on it. This should really bash your ears though:
I agree with you about the guitar work. I don't know who the female vocalist is but she's pretty good. But Hussey's voice is bloody awful.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

rian wrote:Sex Pistols - I did it my way :D
And their cover of 'Johnny Be Good' which had the opening verse sung along the lines of '... La la la la la la la la, Johnny be good, ...oh fcuk, this is awful ...' And it was. :urff:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Big Si
School Bully

Johnny Boy wrote:
And their cover of 'Johnny Be Good' which had the opening verse sung along the lines of '... La la la la la la la la, Johnny be good, ...oh fcuk, this is awful ...' And it was. :urff:
That was a recording of one of their very first rehearsals so it doesnae count. But what about Roadrunner? And yes Johnny didn't know the lyrics to that either! :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

emilystrange wrote:i'm sure i saw icicle works do van halen's Jump.
Roddy Frame/Aztec Camera used to cover Jump, Emily, maybe that's the one you're thinking of?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
dee902
Amphetamine Filth

I haven't been here in awhile :oops: So, I apologize if some of these have already been mentioned:

World in My Eyes-The Cure
Love Will Tear Us Apart-Swans
Helter Skelter-Siouxsie
Dead Souls-NIN

I'm too tired to list any more. LOL.
JansenClone

I also managed to download a version of The Cure doing 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' which is just wrong, they're just too close in style to do a cover...
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
dee902
Amphetamine Filth

JansenClone wrote:I also managed to download a version of The Cure doing 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' which is just wrong, they're just too close in style to do a cover...
I've heard it, too, and you are SO right!
James Blast
Banned

I want to hear it
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Red Sunsets wrote:I want to hear it
i just have and its dreadful.

the drumming is shocking - sounds like the guy from def leppard after a couple of E's and a few lines of charlie, the guitars arent that much different to the original yet somehow managed to lack any character, and the synths are nasty and fat bob sounds like a castrated guinea pig.

the DM cover isnt to bad, if a trifle pointless. :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
hallucienate
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
Red Sunsets wrote:I want to hear it
i just have and its dreadful.

the drumming is shocking - sounds like the guy from def leppard after a couple of E's and a few lines of charlie, the guitars arent that much different to the original yet somehow managed to lack any character, and the synths are nasty and fat bob sounds like a castrated guinea pig
Agreed. It's not very good at all. Stick with the Joy Div version
randdebiel²

Johnny Boy wrote:
should we do road-runner? :lol:
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
randdebiel²

the cure also did an awful version of "creep" by radiohead...I think they're just not that good with covers .....
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Big Si
School Bully

Quiff Boy wrote:and fat bob sounds like a castrated guinea pig.
No change there then! :twisted:

(sorry Big Sis! :? )
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

randdebiel² wrote:the cure also did an awful version of "creep" by radiohead...I think they're just not that good with covers .....
as always anything that has to do with them must be forgotten ;D
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

The Cure have also covered Hendrix's 'Purple Haze' and Gary Glitter's 'Do You Wanna Touch?' - both are worth checking out, and yes I've got 'em.
The Scene won't save you...
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Red Sunsets wrote:
emilystrange wrote:i'm sure i saw icicle works do van halen's Jump.
Roddy Frame/Aztec Camera used to cover Jump, Emily, maybe that's the one you're thinking of?
no it was at a gig and i haven't seen him/them...... thanks anyway...
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
DerekR
Doobie Brother

What about the Lords of the New Church doing "Like a Virgin" - that's class, especially the cover photo, Stiv Bators in a wedding dress with one bollock hanging out the side of his pants :eek:

If I can dig it out I'll post a scan.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

DerekR wrote:What about the Lords of the New Church doing "Like a Virgin" - that's class, especially the cover photo, Stiv Bators in a wedding dress with one bollock hanging out the side of his pants :eek:

If I can dig it out I'll post a scan.
aaargh! that's a horrible version, and a nasty cover!

please do scan ;)
dee902
Amphetamine Filth

randdebiel² wrote:the cure also did an awful version of "creep" by radiohead...I think they're just not that good with covers .....
I think some of their covers are pretty good. I particularly like the covers of World in My Eyes, Purple Haze, and Young Americans.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Quiff Boy wrote:please do scan ;)
Hehehe, found one on the net

http://stiv-bators.tripod.com/qwerty/like12_fra.jpg
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

doh! :urff:

i'll edit your post to be a link rather than an embed as tripod dont allow embedded images on other servers ;)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

still doesnt work! they dont like referer pages linking straight to images! :roll:

try this:

http://stiv-bators.tripod.com/like_12_hol.html
Karst
Slight Overbomber

snubnoseuk wrote:I agree with you about the guitar work. I don't know who the female vocalist is but she's pretty good. But Hussey's voice is bloody awful.
Well, there is no way of getting out that one, eh? The female vocalist is Anneke van Giersbergen from the Dutch metal group 'The Gathering'.

8)