Gigs not listed on giglist on Sisters site

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
Francis
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
Dan wrote:
Francis wrote: Where is/ was that?
I've not been for ages, and not sure I'd be able to find it now. I seem to remember it's hidden away among the block of shops between Briggate & Vicar Lane. Theres a small road among the block of buildings & shops running parallel to Briggate/Vicar Lane, it's on there somewhere.
On the corner opposite the Corn Exchange is a BSM shop, and a Christian shop and stuff. Go down the gap next to the Christian shop. There's a Games Workshop on your right and a material/sewing shop on your left. Scrumpy's is round the corner to the left, behind the material shop. But it isn't called Scrumpy's any more.
Errr.. somewhere behind where X-Clothes used to be then?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yup, that's right. Or more accurately, behind the Oxfam a couple of doors down.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
tripleson
Road Kill

Hi!

(Just joined this great forum so I guess it`s polite to introduce myself.I`m Ollis from Norway. SOM fan since the early 90`s.)

I have a copy of a2nd gen audience tape of the Vikateater,Oslo 16.5.85 show. (the sound is OK, not great...)
Sadly it`s incomplete, just one side a 90min. It cuts after floorshow.
I`m not really sure if this actually is the real thing, as i don`t have the swedish shows (15th & 17th). (audience chatter is in norwegian i guess it`s the real deal.)
I`ve also been told that Harald A. Lund, from NRK radio had a deal with the band to record & transmit parts of the show. Just minutes before they got on stage, Andrew "changed his mind". No recording allowed.
17th may is the national-day here in Norway & traditionally on the 16th youngsters drinks themselves totally wasted. This reflects on the atmosphere on this recording.
I`ll gladly share if someone want a copy.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

tripleson wrote:Hi!

(Just joined this great forum so I guess it`s polite to introduce myself.I`m Ollis from Norway. SOM fan since the early 90`s.)

I have a copy of a2nd gen audience tape of the Vikateater,Oslo 16.5.85 show. (the sound is OK, not great...)
Sadly it`s incomplete, just one side a 90min. It cuts after floorshow.
I`m not really sure if this actually is the real thing, as i don`t have the swedish shows (15th & 17th). (audience chatter is in norwegian i guess it`s the real deal.)
I`ve also been told that Harald A. Lund, from NRK radio had a deal with the band to record & transmit parts of the show. Just minutes before they got on stage, Andrew "changed his mind". No recording allowed.
17th may is the national-day here in Norway & traditionally on the 16th youngsters drinks themselves totally wasted. This reflects on the atmosphere on this recording.
I`ll gladly share if someone want a copy.
I am not sure why you made your post in this thread but welcome to Heartland Ollis! :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
tripleson
Road Kill

Ok. Thanks Ozpat :) , I thought (since this gig is not any gig lists) that this was the right thread to post it. Can you point me to the right place to put it ?
mh
Above the Chemist

It seems like a good place to post it, as it confirms that the gig happened (assuming your tape is kosher).
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Hey that's ok! You can post it here but as an introduction chance exists not everybody will notice. You may or may not care; just a suggestion. :wink:

16-05-85.... :eek: Never heard of that one and it must be very rare if it is the real thing. If you offer a share I'd be very happy. :notworthy:

About the introduction: go to General Chat, chose "new topic", give your new thread a title and then make your post. :D

Good luck... ;D
_emma_
Overbomber

By the way don't you all think it's a shame that the gigography list ends with August 2005? :roll:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

_emma_ wrote:By the way don't you all think it's a shame that the gigography list ends with August 2005? :roll:
Certainly, the 2006 gigs are gone for now.
timebomb
Road Kill

Just got onto you guys and one thing stands out about this post....you have 3 gigs missing...

around the time of the amsterdam gig aug 28th 83...and I cant confirm this date

the day before they played Rotterdam
before that Eindoven
before that Groningen

I know cos I went to all four....