Top 10 sci-fi filims

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Burn wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:Logans Run :notworthy:

oh yes...

i almost forgot to mention this...the film was Silent Running (i think)...it was about the last of Earths plant life in two giant sphere's with three lil robots...and some useless human thingies...i remember as a child crying when one of the lil robots got its little leg trapped...

if i got the name wrong...but the crap above rings a bell...puhlease tell me what it is!

thanx
Silent Running it was indeed clicky
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Burn wrote:i remember as a child crying when one of the lil robots got its little leg trapped...

if i got the name wrong...but the crap above rings a bell...puhlease tell me what it is!

thanx
I think there was only one robot left at the end wasn't there? To water the plants. I had a cry at that bit.

The new Battlestar Galactica is great. Have only seen the pilot though.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
James Blast
Banned

oh dear, I thought I was the only one who got upset at the Valley Forge's robots getting picked off, one-by-one. Weren't they called "Huey, Duey and Louis"?
Louis - pronounced Looey
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:oh dear, I thought I was the only one who got upset at the Valley Forge's robots getting picked off, one-by-one. Weren't they called "Huey, Duey and Louis"?
Louis - pronounced Looey
yes :cry:
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
James Blast
Banned

Almiche V wrote:yes :cry:
best I go back and read this whole thread, cheers! :D
saw a review of 'The Chronicles Of Riddick' it went:
The Ridicules of Chronic would be a better title
Vin Diesel strikes again!
:lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

Burn wrote:Near Dark
Tangerine Dream soundtrack too, dontcha ken Burn
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

Sexygothâ„¢ wrote:Not a huge Sci-fi fan at all, but really enjoyed Blade runner and Star Wars............ Really liked Stargate too (the movie. The series is cr*p)
ditto :|
~ Peter Steele
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
Almiche V wrote:yes :cry:
best I go back and read this whole thread, cheers! :D
saw a review of 'The Chronicles Of Riddick' it went:
Vin Diesel strikes again!
:lol:
Am alright now, nothing like a good blub (sniff - phrraaarrrp)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:saw a review of 'The Chronicles Of Riddick' it went:
Oh man that genuinely made me laugh out loud. :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

where's the quiet earth? and planet of the apes (the last one, was it "battle for the planet of the apes? :lol: )
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Andie
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
Burn wrote:Near Dark
Tangerine Dream soundtrack too, dontcha ken Burn
Aye i ken that...but they niv'r turn't me oan big man...they jist left me flat! :innocent:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Now that we've shown that top 10 to be a load of bunkum.....
James Blast
Banned

Chewbacca would look roughly the same, except he'd only be about 5 feet tall, from Blackhill and called Shug.

He'd have the same amount of body hair but would also have tattoos, would permanently smell of drink and would invariably sport a Rangers top.

Obi-Wan Kenobi would invariably be referred to as CHIEF or BIG YIN by his cohorts. People trying to pick a fight with him would address him as W@nky-Noby.

Darth Vader would be referred to as "Auld Helmet Heid", or in moments of stress, "That Dome Heided Ba$tard".

R2D2 would refuse to go out in the streets after 10pm because of the number of drunks who would try to stuff chip papers in his head, or pee on him.

He would refuse to go near groups of wee boys because of the high risk of being spray painted.

Although proficient in 3500 languages, C3P0 would still be unable tounderstand anything anyone from the east end of Glasgow said. He would be regularly be beaten up for being a "Greetin' faced poov fae Milngavie".

Princess Leia would be captured by Darth Vader because it is hard to run very fast in 5 inch platform heels and a tiny silver mini skirt which keeps hiking up over her ar$e every two steps, and she's been a heavy smoker since she was 6.

The best way to destroy the Death Star would not necessarily be a desperate all out attack. Two easy ways would be:

1. Alter its orbit to pass through Bridgeton and tell the locals its full of Kafflicks.

2. Leave it unattended in Easterhouse

Lines from the film as they would be uttered in the vernacular

Han solo: "I've got a real bad feeling about this boy"
Vernacular "A'm $hittin' masel' son"

H "Bring 'em on! I prefer a straight fight to all this sneakin' around"
V "I’ll fight the F***ing lot o' ye!

H "There's no mystical force controling my destiny"
V "The force? Do youse think I came up the Clyde in a Banana boat?"

Darth Vader (trying to shoot down Luke Skywalker).

"The force is strong in this one"
"Stop shooglin' ya wee Ba$tard"

Princess Leia

"You're a little short for a storm trouper"
"Ah didny think they took short erses in the Polis"

"This bucket of bolts is never going to get us past that blockade".
"Wuv got nae chance in this pile o' $hite"

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways Lord Vader"
"You think you're hard, Vader so ye dae. Well we're no feart o' you".

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force"
"F*** me, whit wiz a' that?"

"Your confidence is your weakness".
"Oh ye bloody think so? I'll make you feel the F***ing force pal!!"
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:"F*** me, whit wiz a' that?"

this is so strange James...today at work i had to translate Trainspotting...
James Blast
Banned

Burn wrote:this is so strange James...today at work i had to translate Trainspotting...
nae doot tae a bunch o radge we clints who wurnae barry at aw?
~ Peter Steele
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Quiff Boy wrote:never heard of "near dark"? :o

but its a classic!! :notworthy:
Well Im kinda forgiven I would say. Im young and was pressed out in Norway, second one is reason enough :wink:
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Odd i havnt taken part yet with my track record..... but it would involve some serious thought so....

Babylon 5

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Andie
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
Burn wrote:this is so strange James...today at work i had to translate Trainspotting...
nae doot tae a bunch o radge we clints who wurnae barry at aw?

naw...they wis alreet aboot it 'n all...they jist couldny git their heids t' work in that kinda way...no bein' radge an' aw...jist a wee bit catboy likesay!
James Blast
Banned

aren't we all forgetting the Carpenter remake of The Thing?

Quality Item!
~ Peter Steele
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Padstar wrote:Odd i havnt taken part yet with my track record..... but it would involve some serious thought so....

Babylon 5

Paddy.
Indeed. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

All 5 seasons of it. Together. In one great big story-arc. So for all those namby-pamby "gosh, wouldn't it be a feat to see all 3 LOTR films in one sitting" type can FRO.

But I'm not including the TV films here. They can FRO too. :evil:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?