the inevitable "what I got for christmas" thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

CellThree wrote:
Dark wrote:
CellThree wrote: Walk Away 7" w/ Flexi
If you ever get tired of the flexi...
Nice try Kiddo!

Although I thought I already had this, so if my other copy turns up I'll let you know :wink:
:notworthy:

A flexi would take place of honour at Chez Dark (along with my Damned poster, my Rhapsody album poster, Gift and Body And Soul.) :innocent:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

DerekR wrote:Bringing this discussion right back on topic....

My mate got one of these for Christmas.

It's a Laserpod and I was wondering if it's the coolest thing ever?

Or is it a boy thing? :roll: I do love lighty-up things

I'd ask him but his arrived broken :lol: Poor sod
It might be a boy thing, but it looks cool regardless. I want one. The more lighty-up things the better, particularly if you combine their effect with a fog-machine. :D 8) :D

But I'll settle for my 2 litres of vodka and Return Of The King Spesh Edition DVD. There's more waiting at home too, if only the damned patient currently clogging up theatre will get better pronto.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Don't believe in Santa Whatever - Xmas are over again and I havn't seen any old unshaven chap with blood-red coat who wants to make me happy with Underneath The Rock issues 1 and 14 :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

s**t Happens! Indrek :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
pikkrong
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:Don't believe in Santa Whatever - Xmas are over again and I havn't seen any old unshaven chap with blood-red coat who wants to make me happy with Underneath The Rock issues 1 and 14 :innocent:
But I DO believe in the existence of Big Si and Shadow - got some lovely CD-R-s from them :notworthy: :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

Big Si does walk this earth
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:Big Si does walk this earth
Except when he's hungover! :urff:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Gripper
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:Big Si does walk this earth
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Strangely light on the music front this year - I have to buy that for myself, really.

But have a cool digital camera and now merely need to organise the holiday where I can show it off to best effect.

Couple of DVDs (Sergei Eisenstein, as requested), usual slab of reading material and my mother has made some curtains for my flat. She has some naive belief that I'll want to iron them first.

Got a severe hangover as well after going back to Durham and encountering Nine Altars Ale, a Christmas special from our local micro. Just the thing for a trip down the A1.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Francis
Overbomber

And with the money I received, I got the complete Cracker collection for 50 quid from HMV. :notworthy:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

today I braved the crowds of human vermin to cash in some gift vouchers.

treated myself to the dvd of Sex, Lies And Videotape, which I've seen before but would happily watch again. it's billed as "a film that's intimate yet alienated, objective yet intense."

The other self-chosen pressie was Choke by Chuck Palahniuk (the guy who wrote Fight Club). To quote the blurb: "The book revels in sexual addiction, fantasies, and mental illness in a way that few will find a happy experience."

Yeah, I know, "strange tastes"...
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:today I braved the crowds of human vermin to cash in some gift vouchers.
So did I. I went to Argos in my lunchbreak which was stupid because I ended up not actually having a lunchbreak because the queue was so long. Anyway at least my cds have a proper home now.
James Blast
Banned

late entry - a jar of

Damn tasty!
some nice stuff here http://www.thebaytree.co.uk/WWW/fullrange.html
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i want some of those.... give them to me!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
James Blast
Banned

emilystrange wrote:i want some of those.... give them to me!
ask your strangeling for a New Year goodie, or ten :D
I could run riot in Bay Tree :|
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i have darklings, not strangelings of my own... hee
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
James Blast
Banned

I now want some of these

~ Peter Steele
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've just discovered the delights of silverskin onions and Westons cider...ace 8)
Why do keyboards get so dirty?