how goth is it where you live?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Big Si wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:it's ok as far as architecture goes, but it doesn't compete with the madness that is Brighton Pavillion:
As featured in Sir Ian McKellen's Richard III

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
that's a damn fine version of Richard III - much enjoyed it when it came out. Must get a copy on vid/dvd - something to spend those birthday gift vouchers on, perhaps.
Big Si
School Bully

lazarus corporation wrote:
Big Si wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:it's ok as far as architecture goes, but it doesn't compete with the madness that is Brighton Pavillion:
As featured in Sir Ian McKellen's Richard III

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
that's a damn fine version of Richard III - much enjoyed it when it came out. Must get a copy on vid/dvd - something to spend those birthday gift vouchers on, perhaps.
Clicky! TMMarkfiend
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Big Si wrote: Image
God, do you remember the big Mr. Happy just as you came down onto the M8 from the Clyde Tunnel?

He was "perkygoth". :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I live in a crappy little place called Otley... but the good thing is, its only 10 miles from Leeds. Better still, 8 miles from Mr Whammy's studio.

Very goth though thanks to my large Sisters flag in our kitchen window. 8)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Purple Light wrote:I live in a crappy little place called Otley...
Hey, that's not far from me :) Fancy that, so many goths in this part of the country! :innocent:
wintermute
Amphetamine Filth

well it's pretty dark, mostly due to a lack of street lighting and the fact that it's the middle of the night

in the daylight though, could be easily mistaken for a non-very-goth-at-all place

we have our share of graveyards but fewer than expected links to musical notoriety

but it's home
then he takes your hand in some strange californian handshake and breaks the bone
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Purple Light wrote: Very goth though thanks to my large Sisters flag in our kitchen window. 8)
I think that deserves you taking a picture and showing us!
_emma_
Overbomber

I'm surrounded by drunk axemen and rotting corpses of famished dogs kept in a rusted cage above water. In the winter hares and foxes come to my garden, and in the summer cranes screech at dawn. I have plenty of bats in the cellar. And I didn't go to work today because no ploughs ever come here and with all the snow it's impossible to drive to the main road. What a lovely feeling it is to have Internet access in such circumstances!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

_emma_ wrote:I'm surrounded by drunk axemen and rotting corpses of famished dogs kept in a rusted cage above water. In the winter hares and foxes come to my garden, and in the summer cranes screech at dawn. I have plenty of bats in the cellar. And I didn't go to work today because no ploughs ever come here and with all the snow it's impossible to drive to the main road. What a lovely feeling it is to have Internet access in such circumstances!
Where do you live? An M. Night Shyamalan film? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:
keys wrote:Plus, now i'm in Manchester, i don't feel the need to wind the window down on the M621 to throw a finger at Elland Road. <--- that should upset a few Leeds types! :wink:

Yeah but no, but yeah, but no, but yeah but, shut up!

Glad to hear that we continue to irk the f*ck out of you - long may it continue.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:
_emma_ wrote:I'm surrounded by drunk axemen and rotting corpses of famished dogs kept in a rusted cage above water. In the winter hares and foxes come to my garden, and in the summer cranes screech at dawn. I have plenty of bats in the cellar. And I didn't go to work today because no ploughs ever come here and with all the snow it's impossible to drive to the main road. What a lovely feeling it is to have Internet access in such circumstances!
Where do you live? An M. Night Shyamalan film? :lol:
:lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
_emma_
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Where do you live? An M. Night Shyamalan film? :lol:
:lol: Sometimes I wonder myself.
Thea
Overbomber

Theres a place about half a mile from here called "cutthroat bridge".
Oddly enough, it's only been known as that since someone got killed in a layby there.
Before that it was known as "King's tree".
There is neither a bridge, nor any trees there - IT'S A f**king LAYBY!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

There's a hill somewhere in England (I forget where) called Torpenhow Hill.

As "tor", "pen", and "how" are all old words meaning "hill", the name of the hill translates as Hillhillhill Hill.

How's that for a topic-derailment?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:There's a hill somewhere in England (I forget where) called Torpenhow Hill.

As "tor", "pen", and "how" are all old words meaning "hill", the name of the hill translates as Hillhillhill Hill.

oddly enough, i refer to where i work as "torpor hill" :lol:

clicky
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

markfiend wrote:There's a hill somewhere in England (I forget where) called Torpenhow Hill.

i'd expect better of you mr fiend. there's more than a touch of the urban myths about that.

clicky
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Dark Angel
Amphetamine Filth

not very!

used to be...
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Oh, I just remembered this from the town of Port Glasgow (where I spent my first 22 years). It is fairly goth...

The Bogle Stone

WoooooH!
&#1072;&#1085;&#1072;&#1088;&#1093;&#1080;&#1103;
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

there is a place round here called 'slutshole lane'
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Thea
Overbomber

smiscandlon wrote:Oh, I just remembered this from the town of Port Glasgow (where I spent my first 22 years). It is fairly goth...

The Bogle Stone

WoooooH!
There's a "Bogle hole" somewhere between here and Whitby. I was heading over there with a red-haired goff lass, a nice little old lady (friend of my gran's) and a transsexual who couldn't walk and was having some trouble holding onto her wig.
The car broke down.
We had a picnic.
The AA man looked a bit confused :lol:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:Oh, I just remembered this from the town of Port Glasgow (where I spent my first 22 years). It is fairly goth...

The Bogle Stone

WoooooH!
There's a "Bogle hole" somewhere between here and Whitby. I was heading over there with a red-haired goff lass, a nice little old lady (friend of my gran's) and a transsexual who couldn't walk and was having some trouble holding onto her wig.
The car broke down.
We had a picnic.
So going by the location on your profile, the Bogle Hole lies somewhere between Whitby and Planet Fame.

:lol:
Thea
Overbomber

smiscandlon wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:

The Bogle Stone

WoooooH!
The car broke down.
We had a picnic.
So going by the location on your profile, the Bogle Hole lies somewhere between Whitby and Planet Fame.

:lol:
Yes.
Is there a problem with that?
James Blast
Banned

been here before folks but, Lanarkshire sports not only Wildman's Bridge but more importantly Headless Cross a lesser Black Sabbath album
and a 30 min. car drive away is Boleskine (pronounced: Bo-Less-Keen) House, go figure
Last edited by James Blast on 24 Jan 2005, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote:Yes.
Is there a problem with that?
Not at all!

On a slightly more academic note, a 'bogle' is actually a sort of Scottish hobgoblin or mischievous spirit. I wonder if the English place-name comes from the same root word.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:been here before folks but, Lanarkshire sports not only Wildman's Bridge but more importantly Headless Cross a lesser Black Sabbath album
and a 30 min. car drive away is Boleskine (pronounced: Bo-Less-Keen) House, go figure
Boleskine? You mean, where HE used to live...?

Jimmy Page?