Sisters Live at this years Meraluna festival

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I arrived on the back of a motorbike once, barely, as we went the wrong way and ended up in Holland at one point. This would have been fine, but we went to Dresden and back too, which ended my pillion days :eek:

We did get to stay in Hamlyn on the way though, and to this day I'm convinced I saw "No Piping" signs down by the river :eek:
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
ruffers
Overbomber

I can't make that unless I can arrange an "appointment" with a "customer" in Hildesheim. Then work'll pay :D

Failing that, what's the chances of a gig in little old England. Just improved do you think?
Chucking another log on
_emma_
Overbomber

ruffers wrote:I can't make that unless I can arrange an "appointment" with a "customer" in Hildesheim. Then work'll pay :D
:notworthy:
Genius.
Francis
Overbomber

Ed Rhombus wrote:Or burn the toast and whilst staring at the smoke, imagine a half hearted performance with the posibility of below par new tune
A few pointers on the fine art of Ubergothness for Dark there. The Emperor did use to have some jolly fine clothes though. Perhaps they'll come back into fashion.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Well, in the space of a day, Apoptygma Berzerk have appeared then disappeared from the official band list. So no doubt it's only a matter of time for The Sisters to do likewise. Rat's cocks. Ah well.
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
Thea
Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:Well, in the space of a day, Apoptygma Berzerk have appeared then disappeared from the official band list. So no doubt it's only a matter of time for The Sisters to do likewise. Rat's cocks. Ah well.
If you've just jinxed it, I'm coming after you with a battleaxe. :evil:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

d00mw0lf wrote:
FFS Dave wrote:Well, in the space of a day, Apoptygma Berzerk have appeared then disappeared from the official band list. So no doubt it's only a matter of time for The Sisters to do likewise. Rat's cocks. Ah well.
If you've just jinxed it, I'm coming after you with a battleaxe. :evil:
Didn't know you were married, Doomie? Something you're not telling us?
Thea
Overbomber

Yes, I'm a part-time Viking/pirate/ninja/milk tray bloke. (evenings and weekends)
I seem to remember someone started doubting the gangwar gigs a few months back and.... well.
We'll have no more o'that.
canon docre
Overbomber

Don't think so. Seems, Eldo found his perfect biotop with Meraluna. A festival big enough to pay his charge, but not too big, so that TSOM can headline it. Goth enough to invite him over, but not insisting on that label, to not scare away this coy species. Ever seen such a great symbiosis of host and parasite?
Last edited by canon docre on 25 Mar 2005, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
pikkrong
Overbomber

80star wrote:
timsinister wrote:Infact, major kudos to 80star, who joined today and whose inaugural post seems to be announcing a Sisters gig! :lol: 8) :von: ;D
*heh* have been lurking fer awhile, when I got emailed about Meraluna, I thought it seemed an ideal time to say Hi!
You're welcome :notworthy: 8)
pikkrong
Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:Beejeezus! Sisters, APB and VNV Nation.

It would be rude beyond belief not to!

Here's hoping...
Will VNV Nation perform again before Sisters and introduce them with the "puppet show" quote? :)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

d00mw0lf wrote:Yes, I'm a part-time Viking/pirate/ninja/milk tray bloke. (evenings and weekends)
I seem to remember someone started doubting the gangwar gigs a few months back and.... well.
We'll have no more o'that.
Yeah but without Apop, I've lost one third of my plea-bargaining case to the missus, who understandably will take a dim view on me spending what little money we have (I'll prob'ly be jobless in a week or two) on a goth-binge in Germany. EVen Mand would (probably) concede that it would be detrimental to my health to miss a festival with three of my fave bands on. I suppose if someone could convince the Pet ShopBoys to play Mera Luna I'd be home and dry.

I hope to god The Sisters play, with or without my presence, just to confirm they're still going in some form or other. Which I'd begun to seriously doubt. Pardon my cynicism / realism on the matter.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Just one question - have you, mates, ordered already the festival tickets or will you wait until there will be an announcement on Sisters offcial website (as I have intended to do) :?:

SEE YOU THERE!
:D
boudicca
Sister Midnight

pikkrong wrote:Just one question - have you, mates, ordered already the festival tickets or will you wait until there will be an announcement on Sisters offcial website (as I have intended to do) :?:

SEE YOU THERE!
:D
Not if we see you first! :wink:
I'm waiting - don't trust Von not to pull out enough. :roll:
(BTW - what's this VNV Nation quote?)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Ed Rhombus wrote:Or burn the toast and whilst staring at the smoke, imagine a half hearted performance with the posibility of below par new tune
I might not agree Ed, but it made me bloody laugh! :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
pikkrong
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
(BTW - what's this VNV Nation quote?)
The singer repeated AE's words told before Depeche Mode gig:
Enjoy the puppet show! :lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote:(BTW - what's this VNV Nation quote?)
I think it was simply 'Enjoy the Puppet Show'. Most amusing, and fair enough, I suppose. No idea if it was intended humourously or not.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

FFS Dave wrote:
boudicca wrote:(BTW - what's this VNV Nation quote?)
I think it was simply 'Enjoy the Puppet Show'. Most amusing, and fair enough, I suppose. No idea if it was intended humourously or not.
Well I presume it would have been...

...unless they were actually on stage with Punch and Judy! :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

from what I recall in threads passim, the "Enjoy The Puppet Show" was Mr. E's barbed comment at the headliners, Depeche Mode because he thought they looked and moved like Thunderbirds' puppets.

it could be false memory syndrome
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dave R

Barman, do me a favour, on yer way to Luna goth frenzy, pick me up on the stourbridge ring road, i will be the fella in black, pissed with a broad black country accennt, i promise not to thro up in yer car all the way to "don't mention the war" land.

feck it, other folks on here are scrounging lifts so i thought i might try it. beside which, there is a certan member of HL i need to meet up eith at Luna Goth hell.....

alright Barman? i'll bring me own booze and fags...see ya soon old tata!!!!!
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
James Blast
Banned

bad news for Brumland -
I wouldn't be caught drunk at any festerval, mainland Europe or our sceptre'd isle
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dave R

Brumland, you insult me sir, we are Black country and proud....

looks like i've gotta bum list off the old fogey skoda driving, rear parcel blanket using Francis.....
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
James Blast
Banned

bon chance
~ Peter Steele
Dave R

me thinks you are right.....may have to arrange works appointment with clients in the mera luna area.....

either that or wait till they play wolves civic in July..............

:innocent: :innocent:
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
pikkrong
Overbomber

Some of my posts seem to be invisible to others :innocent: