Second Favourite

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Vini Reilly's THE DURUTTI COLUMN
in dub we trust
VonOben
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

...if I leave out a group of swedish artists who perform in swedish, it's, according to Audioscrobber...

- Johnny Cash (7th)
- Cat Rapes Dog (9th)
- Dido (12th)

...with Sisters in second place. I know the variation might seem a bit odd.

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/lypsyl/ <-- see more (I really need to listen to more Smog)
"Baby... boogie... baby." - AE
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

TURBONEGRO!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

It's a tie...Metallica and REM :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

and a tie for third...VNV Nation and Rammstein.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Christ how did I forget. VNV and APB can scrap it out below the mighty Stone Roses. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

All told, a damned mix of various noise-pollution-merchants. It seems Sisters fans have wider tastes than other, ah, black-clad-ones.

After the Sisters, there's a rough tumble with Joy Divison coming out ahead, leaving The Cure and Nick Cave having a scrap at the bar and Dreadful Shadows and Rosetta Stone are eyeing each other up. The Bauhaus haven't even gotten the first round in yet...
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Uh, all of the above.... plus a squillion one-hit-wonders! Let's not forget those. We all have a special place in our heart for people who explode onto the scene and disappear almost as quickly.
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Black Biscuit wrote:Uh, all of the above.... plus a squillion one-hit-wonders! Let's not forget those. We all have a special place in our heart for people who explode onto the scene and disappear almost as quickly.
Gonna put your money where your mouth is and share, BB?
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Dead Reptile Shrine (finnish deep underground black metal horde, aural destruction rather than music; the essence of Satanic Nihilism)

But to name something you're more likely to relate to in some manner, Joy Division, Leonard Cohen and Current 93 are wonderful, too.

But it's true for me, the Sisters are finest.

dei
we've got beer and we've got fuel