G8 pardons debt of world's poorest nations

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Obviousman wrote:Allright, now I've got the time to get into this discussion to 8) :lol:
Lets get started :P
dead stars wrote:Nowadays people are coming everyday to Portugal, either as refugees or as immigrants. The other day I was thinking how do they distinguish from both situations because refugees also seek work in the country and don't mean to go back.
It is so intense that I went to Spain and wondered "what have you done to all the black people?". "We don't have them", I was answered, but instead I'd never seen so many Latin Americans from ex-Spanish colonies.

In no way am I advocating colonialism, merely providing food for thought.
But my personal opinion is that (especially in the case of ex-Portuguese colonies) they are a lot, but a lot, worse than before.
What I've been thinking for years: Why not give some sort of special status to immigrants from ex-colonies? It would be not a bad idea, I guess, since, we've got a whole lot of profit out of them, they gave us the possibility for the Industrial Revolution and all that, so wouldn't it be fair they could get a bit of profit out of us too, just a thought though...
In Portugal, there is a special status for immigrants from ex-colonies. There is an organisation of countries that have Portuguese as their official language (including Brazil) - sorry, can't rememebr the designation right now - and there are scholarships and opportunities of several sorts under that organisation. Few, but they exist.
Not to mention everybody in the African colonies were given Portuguese nacionality automatically. So, nowadays, after the independence, they have double nacionality, but they are legally considered Portuguese citizens. (The ones born in colony time, which only ended in 1974.)
I reckon it is not the case with British colonies?
~dead stars still burn~