Mister Whammy is leaving the building

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:some bland guitarist that nobody would recognise off-stage ;)
Or some bland singer we wouldn't recognise when he was stood five feet from us last week? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Though I'm claiming mitigating circumstances.
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

straylight wrote:Jessie has been filming these things for years, who knows what happens to them all...
Well, someone who spoke to her - forgot who you were, sorry for that :oops: - after one of the gigs, said they've gathered enough material for a DVD and stuff, the only problem seems to be they don't have someone to edit it... So, who'd go and volunteer? ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:in short:

all parties want to record an album. andrew, adam chris... the vibe is that some of the older "new" songs will be present, and some new "new" songs will be written.
I so want to believe this, but Von's been making noises about the next album since the release of SGWBM.
Then there was the non release of the Indie singles and the DVD debacle.

Six months between the end of this tour and next year's celebration; is it time enough, I wonder?
Will we get so much as a single (backed, I hope, with some decent b-sides) or another iffy live download - at least the rpice of the last one was right!

Guess, as usual, I'll have to wait and see!
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Karst
Slight Overbomber

No record company is going to finance the album I'd say. They have to have it ready to submit. If they don't and are waiting for an advance it is going to take a long time I'd say.

A DVD seems the best bet. And if Eldritch can reprogram his ProTools to kick out a new version of Alice - I'm sure he's nimble enough to get his head around Final Cut Pro. Really, it isn't that difficult. Just a question of wanting to.

Btw. QB always thought that 'The Elvis Presleys From Hell' were Adams, Brown, Wolfenden & Grape. Back in the day that is.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Karst wrote:Btw. QB always thought that 'The Elvis Presleys From Hell' were Adams, Brown, Wolfenden & Grape. Back in the day that is.
from what i gather it was a semi "floating" lineup, but they were the core yes. a few others came and went by all accounts, depending on what their "real" band were up to at the time.

it seems that wolfie (the lorries) and grape (expellaires) have been asked to resurrect the band for a one-off birthday party by adam pearson, who will be playing guitar with them. the setlist is a selection of stooges, motorhead, blondie, ramones, johnny thunders punk/new wave etc covers - its for some mutual friend's birthday party :lol: 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Obviousman wrote:
straylight wrote:Jessie has been filming these things for years, who knows what happens to them all...
Well, someone who spoke to her - forgot who you were, sorry for that :oops: - after one of the gigs, said they've gathered enough material for a DVD and stuff, the only problem seems to be they don't have someone to edit it... So, who'd go and volunteer? ;D
is there an adress, to send an application to :innocent:
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
Karst wrote:Btw. QB always thought that 'The Elvis Presleys From Hell' were Adams, Brown, Wolfenden & Grape. Back in the day that is.
from what i gather it was a semi "floating" lineup, but they were the core yes. a few others came and went by all accounts, depending on what their "real" band were up to at the time.

it seems that wolfie (the lorries) and grape (expellaires) have been asked to resurrect the band for a one-off birthday party by adam pearson, who will be playing guitar with them. the setlist is a selection of stooges, motorhead, blondie, ramones, johnny thunders punk/new wave etc covers - its for some mutual friend's birthday party :lol: 8)
You can ask your mate on the bus for tickets / invites :lol: :innocent:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

snowey wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:

You can ask your mate on the bus for tickets / invites :lol: :innocent:
i'm working on it :lol: :innocent:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Did Mick appear on drums?