Rosenrot.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
canon docre
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote: First impressions? We like and it will get better. 8)
well then I'm very delighted that my little gift found the right UK-ears. :wink:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

The only Rammstein song I liked was the one with the video like Snow White
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Agreed Johnny, Stirb Nicht Vor Mir is the work of severely groovy people. Never thought I'd say that about anything Sharleen Spitoon went near. Just goes to show.

Zerstoren is ace. Everyone's allowed a Spinal Tap moment, obviously it must be hard to present themselves any more ridiculously than they already do, then they write Zerstoren. :lol: :notworthy: Heavy as fcuk. But not as heavy as Mann Gegen Mann. :twisted:

Te Quiero Puta - I Love You, Whore. Rammstein do Latino, with ease. :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Planet Dave wrote:Agreed Johnny, Stirb Nicht Vor Mir is the work of severely groovy people. Never thought I'd say that about anything Sharleen Spitoon went near. Just goes to show.
:eek: Christ! It is Sharleen! There's me thinking I almost recognise the voice but it must be some nameless session singer. It only increases the shivers. Severely groovy people indeed. :notworthy:

Plus, you have to realise I don't have all the sleeve notes as I only have the *cough* unofficial *cough* version with nice artwork but no notes. :innocent:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
canon docre
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote: Plus, you have to realise I don't have all the sleeve notes as I only have the *cough* unofficial *cough* version with nice artwork but no notes. :innocent:
Is that somewhat of a complaint, he? :evil:
At least I write the name of the record on the record so that it doesnt get in the wrong sleeve. :innocent:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:The only Rammstein song I liked was the one with the video like Snow White
"Sonne". I remember posting on here about my dentist going on about how much he loved that video...

I have to say, I like Reise, Reise a lot. "Amerika" is utterly dumb but fab, and that "du bist hasslich" (sorry, haven't got the umlauts etc to hand) bit in "Morgenstern" is worth the price of the album alone :lol: .
"Du! Du bist nicht schoen... nein!"

Better than Mutter, I think.

*ducks and shuffles out, with coat*
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

I really liked the 'Sonne' video, S W had big knorks and long, black hair Image
Not Bad!
am I your dentist? :urff:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
canon docre
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I really liked the 'Sonne' video, S W had big knorks and long, black hair Image
Not Bad!
Yes because it was a basketball player with fake tittis and a black wig (in some scenes) :innocent:

:lol:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

canon docre wrote: At least I write the name of the record on the record so that it doesnt get in the wrong sleeve.
And don't you just love it when Johnny Foreigner, sorry Jessie Foreigner does that. Point 12.5. :innocent:

James Blast
Banned

canon docre wrote:
James Blast wrote:I really liked the 'Sonne' video, S W had big knoYes because it was a basketball player with fake tittis and a black wig (in some scenes) :innocent:

well no one told me, so I guess I still would
don't they have female basketball players in Germania? :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

canon docre wrote: Is that somewhat of a complaint, he?
Umm ... it was actually a compliment. :D

canon docre
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote:
canon docre wrote: At least I write the name of the record on the record so that it doesnt get in the wrong sleeve.
And don't you just love it when Johnny Foreigner, sorry Jessie Foreigner does that. Point 12.5. :innocent:
But it wasn't a weed. So your rules does NOT apply on me. Ha. :innocent:
canon docre
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
canon docre wrote:
James Blast wrote:I really liked the 'Sonne' video, S W had big knoYes because it was a basketball player with fake tittis and a black wig (in some scenes) :innocent:

well no one told me, so I guess I still would
don't they have female basketball players in Germania? :|
Not as big as him. (about 2,10) He needed to be a lot taller than the guys for the dwarf effect. :P
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

canon docre wrote:
Johnny M wrote:
But it wasn't a weed. So your rules does NOT apply on me. Ha. :innocent:
I guess gift is gift. :lol:

Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Back on topic ... sort of ...

What's always appealed to me about Rammstein has been Schneider's drumming. Just those funky little dance beats that means Rammstein are very danceable. Ignoring the power chord-power chord-stop-shout choruses.

'Mann Gegen Mann' on Rosenrot and even *cough* 'Los' on Reise, Reise. I'll swear I've had this convo somewhere before. 8)

boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:I really liked the 'Sonne' video, S W had big knorks and long, black hair Image
Not Bad!
am I your dentist? :urff:
Apparently it was the homoeroticism that really got him going... :lol: :notworthy:

I'm not even joking. :eek:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

I went to rammstein.com and listened to clips from 6 of the tracks. It definitely sounds like an improvement over Reise Reise, so I think I shall be purchasing myself a copy of Rosenrot tonight.

Here's something I found a while back, and located again today... an extract from a 1997 Rammstein interview:

Was Heino perhaps an influence when we talk about your voice?

Till: No, far more the Sisters of Mercy. I didn't try to imitate that deep voice, but rather that exaggerated sound. I have a low voice. I can do that.

That, I never knew. I'd always supposed that Laibach was the principal influence, vocally. The full interview is here for anyone who's interested:

http://rammimages.com/articles/OORInter ... Oct97.html
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

Strangely enough, I went to HMV this lunchtime to buy Rosenrot and while browsing, Rammstein CD in hand, Benzine started playing... :roll:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Mr. Wah wrote:Strangely enough, I went to HMV this lunchtime to buy Rosenrot and while browsing, Rammstein CD in hand, Benzine started playing... :roll:
So you bought 2 copies for when the first one runs out? :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Planet Dave wrote:
Mr. Wah wrote:Strangely enough, I went to HMV this lunchtime to buy Rosenrot and while browsing, Rammstein CD in hand, Benzine started playing... :roll:
So you bought 2 copies for when the first one runs out? :lol:
:lol: :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

* bump *

I think Planet Dave had this right with the opening post. :notworthy:

Quite stunning. Everything is starting to grow and even catch up with 'Stirb'. 'Mann Gegen Mann' is still a top tune in the Rammstein mold. Along with . . . umm, everything else.

Surprisingly enough, my Spanish speaking friend has an issue with driving around with the windows down with "Te quiero puta!" blasting out. I don't speak Spanish but Rammstein's interpretation of 'puta' as whore is slightly off the mark. The word in Spanish is as offensive as you can get in a derogatory way towards a female.

But . . .

"Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt."

* shrug * :von:

Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Crap song (maybe) but the fabbbest t-shirt going at the mo . . . 8)

:notworthy:

Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

*cough* Mr Dave *cough* Ok, Ok, . . . I'll give you Zerstören. Any song called 'Destroy' registers somewhere with me. Top song. Only cause the tee is so fabb. 8)

What everyone wants for Christmas . . . :innocent:

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Johnny M wrote:*cough* Mr Dave *cough* Ok, Ok, . . . I'll give you Zerstören.
Knew you'd get there eventually. 8) :notworthy: :kiss:
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I rather like Rosenrot. Started listening to them again recently.