Belgian HL Invasion!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Have you been smoking Belgium spiff James?

Because that post is just not right....fix it! :kiss:

I've got red wine if you feel like coming around... :wink:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Forgotten his password! :eek:

Behave yourself, JB! :notworthy:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Ahráyeph wrote:this is Uncle James as Raf as Ive forgotten my password and this azerty kybd is daein ma heid in
We are not in the pub yet - poor show Johnny Foriegner :evil:

I need drink[/b]
Judging from yer typing, you're lying, James ;)

And let me say I'l pershunally kick Images HEID in tomorrah for not showing respect for the Islanders! ;D

As an aside: I totally overlooked OZPATs post, does it mean we will only have Debs and Jos over as sleeping guests, or am I wrong?? (too bad actually :| but it is, logistically speaking, less work for me ;D)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: As an aside: I totally overlooked OZPATs post, does it mean we will only have Debs and Jos over as sleeping guests, or am I wrong?? (too bad actually :| but it is, logistically speaking, less work for me ;D)

IZ.
Just plain speaking, yip just the two of us unless you count all my personalities... :twisted:

MB :wink:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
libby
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just got home from the meeting in Antwerp :D

It took the Mc Heartland crowd quite a while to get into Antwerp

but what a great night it was ...

Very pleased to meet Jurgen, James, Claire, Andrew and Raf

and of course my sweetest heartlanders Christophe and Zeno

Koen , you were missed big time. Hope you and Katrien are doing well. All our love and support to both of you.

Love you all. Have a good night sleep. See you tomorrow :kiss:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

And she doesnae mention the Piano Bar nor the stoned bar tender at the Irish Pub (yet). That's a guid start... ;D

P.S : IZ, kick away, but aim high... :twisted:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

:eek: :lol:

Funny....... 8)
"as we walk on the floodland"
christophe
Overbomber

hi there.

I'm just awake and from the sounds I can tell the others are back to sleep :lol: but I'll get them out of the bed for day 2 :twisted:
I had a wonderfull time yesterday but now I'll go see what to feed the guests.

c.
Another Shade of You.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ahráyeph wrote:And she doesnae mention the Piano Bar nor the stoned bar tender at the Irish Pub (yet). That's a guid start... ;D
Both of 'em: Legendary :lol: :lol: :lol:
christophe wrote:I had a wonderfull time yesterday but now I'll go see what to feed the guests
Do not feed the animals

Great times had, superb times ahead 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Izzy HaveMercy

Cannot wait to see you all, WITH hangover (where mine has yet to begin)

:D

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

GET PISHED, DESTROY!!!
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:GET PISHED, DESTROY!!!
The condensed yet highly accurate summary of last night's event... ;D
Izzy HaveMercy

Izzy HaveMercy

And MAN! what an evening it was! :notworthy:

You were all bloody fantastic and amazing people!

A big hails to all the people that showed up, I cannot even start to thank all and everyone... :notworthy:

And especially our HL crew of course! Jurgen, Claire, ARF!, Andrew, Zeno, Christophe, The Other Belgians (Libby and erm... the guy next to her whose name I forgot :blush:), The Loveliest Dutch Couple Jos and Debs, and of course... JAMES

When James arrived at the par-teeh (fashionably later than everyone), Christophe made the nice gesture of coming over to me and calling "James is here! James is here!" ;D and what a nice meet it was! He is just the bestest bloke there is!

Of course, the rest of the HLers were superb as well... Claire has quite a fanbase here in Belgium now (especially with the guys! :twisted:), and is a very loveable girl, a good shaker 'n' dancer AND she wore The Hat as was required! ;)

Christophe I met a couple of times before, Zeno just a very brief time, and now we made up for it, I will attend more Antwerp do's with you guys ;)

Andrew is a sight to see of course, and a very nice guy to chat with, thanks for that Sisters Glesga poster! :notworthy: and a shame there's not really such a thing as cider easily available here in Belgium... but I heard today that you start to like Duvel as well now :twisted:

Jurgen is a very nice chap as well, didn't talk to him that much tho, we will correct that error on another do ;)

Well, I can go on and on about these lovely people... I clearly remember a night out of a thousand, talking a lot (but way too short IMO) to all of them, shared butter cookies and champagne with Andrew outside, had several talks with Uncle James (I LOVE that Cannibal Corpse boot by ra way!), a fantastic party with very good music, some or other gig as well...

I had a top night, I will remember other bits and pieces when the Islanders are back here and start to post...;)

The FGG setlist was:

Ossetian Ossuary - Jugement - Dogged - Love Your Terrorist - Dawn Over Dachau - Distress - Rush Hour (Special James Version ;) ) - Afterhours (Dodgy goff band cover) - White Is The New Black - De Te Fabula Narratur - Hurt (NIN cover)

Thank you all for being there, and such a pity I could not make it on Sunday in Leuven for the leaving do :(

So glad ARF called me and put James back on the phone for me, you're top, man! :notworthy:

I went to bed around noon, we had an after-drink at Sams place with Debs and Jos and Dave LFO so it was kinda late when I crawled into bed (or rather kinda early :lol:)

This deffo calls for a rematch, the sooner the better!

IZ.
eotunun
Overbomber

I`m about to start a currently stuck at thread..
On my way home, stuck at Burssels South railway station, tired as hell, smiling as I read this thread.
Folks, I`ll never foret these days!
It was a grrreat idea not to use se panzers sis time for se passage.
Special thanks to Christophe and his mom (an utterly lovely person) for perfect hosting,
obviousman for giving the friendliest reception at Antwerp Central Station and to both Zeno and Christophe for a profesional sightseeing tour through the city during the afternoon.
A marvelous show by FGG..
Actually too much to list now. Details will follow later.
You Heartlanders are a special bunch, ye ken? ;D
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
There is shadow under this red rock
James Blast
Banned

I really don't know what to say, where to begin and who to thank most. Everyone, but everyone was a star, it was one of thee times of my life! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I will post more later, when I get ma heid back from Planet Duvel. ;D

All our base are belong to you.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

Hi folks.
I just had a brief sleep but I think I’ll go back rather soonish tonight :mrgreen:
Probably non of us will be capable to tell what was so special about the weekend, from the first moment until the last it felt like something without any stress or pressure. Like we do this kind of stuff on a weekly bases or something like that.

Jurgen, I can’t imagine the trouble you went trough to be able to have been a part of this, total respect for you man. It was a pleasure to guide you trough Antwerp together with zeno. Z… I think you did most of the work for getting everything worked out the past few days, if it wasn’t for you it wouldn’t had been this smooth. Liesbeth and Joery, I think you guys know how much I like your company, again it was a pleasure to have you 2 along.
Andrew; like always it’s a pleasure to meet you, it’s a shame we didn’t really spoke but you are a lot of fun to have in our company.
Claire; I think you are wonderful, it is a shame we can’t hang out more often. Please move to Antwerp :wink:
Raf, we seem to have more in common then I imagined at starters and you turned out to be a top bloke. Many thanks for all you did logistics wise.
James, it was fantastic to finally have met you, you are truly one of a kind. I don’t have the words to tell you how much fun it was to hang out with you.
Debs, you can feel your aura whenever you are near. Thanks for the kind words, this goes out for Jos as well. I can tell you are genuine, you are who you are. Respect my friend.
Koen, it is a pity you couldn’t spend more time with us, but we did have a lot of fun on satureday and well make up for the other days on another occasion.
IZ this wouldn’t have been without you, you’re a nice guy and a incredible musician, I do hope we see you more often.

I’m sorry if I forgot anyone.
Oh, it was a great gig as well. :D
Another Shade of You.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

What can I say?! Due to powers we cannot control a pretty rough week was had last week.
For those reasons I had to bail out on most of the Belgian Invasion Tour.
I knew of course that the foreigners would be in very good hands anyway...

BUT I couldn't/wouldn't miss the saturday nite thingy and I did find the way to Lier after all!

Let me say :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: to all the Heartlanders (and theirs!!!) for the very nice welcome I received. It set the mood for the rest of the night. Thank you all :notworthy: I really needed a crazy night out and that's exactly what I got.

I'm sure a next one will follow some day!
in dub we trust
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Had to get some sleep in first, because we were all pretty exhausted this morning; hope James, Andrew and Claire had a bit of a nap too when they got home. Anyhow : it was a BRILLIANT weekend! Meeting everyone from the Antwerp Crew, top chaps Z, Christophe, Koen, not to mention Libby and Joeri and finding out him and me went to the same high school at the same time! A blast from the past! The ever so nice and entertaining Debs and Jos, just the loveliest people you've ever met. And let's not forget Jürgen. He's every bit the nice guy he is at this place and it was certainly great to hang out with him and watching him sleep :twisted: Us lowlanders should do this thing more often, methinks. The Heartland Effect was, erm, in effect from the moment 'go'.
The FGG gig which was, as you'll come to see/hear in a few, absolutely amazing! As was meeting up with top chaps IZ and Sam and getting to meet their respective significant others.
And the stars of the weekend : the Mac Heartland Crew! Meeting you and hanging out with you all weekend will be forever etched onto my mind!
Brother James : I'm so damn glad I've finally met you and hope for many more times like these to come. Thanks for all the CD's and DVD's you were so kind of bringing me. But the best gift was having you here! :notworthy:
Claire : hope those Flemish lessons of yours are working out. ;) Should the Queen of Baileys ever decide to have another Bluidy Mary, I'll be ready. ;D
Andrew : you were a great guest to have and you tell some bluidy funny stories, my friend. Next time I'll get you some real cider for sure! Thanks for the poster and the After Eights :notworthy:

There are too many classic moments to choose from, but here's a selection :

- James taking his first ever sip of Duvel, being undecided about whether he was going to like it or not but being totally hooked by the time the glass was nearly empty. He's never looked back. From now on, the rule is : 'All your Duvel are belong to Blast' ;D
- Going to the Piano Bar (that will remain a classic! ;D)
- Ending up at the Irish pub that had a very stoned bartender, much to the advantage of our wallets, but not so much to the advantage of the accuracy and speed of our orders
- Claire's reaction after having had a sip of a vintage ARF Bluidy Mary at said pub (I wasnae going to let that bartender do it; he was so out of it he didn't even know where the drinks were kept :lol:)
- TOP MOMENT : arriving at Moevement in Lier and seeing IZ and Blast fall into each other's arms, much to the - loud - approval of the rest of us.
- The FGG gig, of course! The songs managed to catapult me into this other dimension at times and the covers were absolutely bangin'! 'Afterhours' really gave me chills 'n goose bumps! :notworthy:
- Jürgen being very active with his eyes squarely closed after having had more than a few Duvels ;D
- Calling Sam yesterday afternoon and discovering he hadn't gone to sleep yet and wasn't quite, erm, sober yet. :P The man sure knows how to throw a party ;D
- Several Sisters singalongs in various establishments in Antwerpen, Lier and Leuven
- Hearing Claire pronounce 'Veur moa ne cola', 'Oep aa bakkes' and 'Vinde ga ma gat ni te dik in deze rok'. She's getting the Flemish lingo down ;D
- The overall Heartland Effect of the whole weekend. I couldn't be more proud being a member of this online community! :notworthy:
And so on, and so on... Thanks to all of you for such a great time! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Amor, amor, chachacha

Lost for words still, I'm afraid.

Had more good times over the weekend than I suspected, was an absolute pleasure to meet everyone - first time or again. Hope I didn't bore our turists too much with my Antwerp tours (well, at least now you know why Antverpians are the way they are ;D)

A real shame I couldn't join in on the Leuven drink, especially as I nearly got there. Blame my navigation skills :oops:

Some of the best moments, on top of my mind:
- The gig. I expected a lot, but I never expected it to be so intense. Iz, you truly are a rock star, and I need to see more. Got several songs of yours on my Internal Jukebox now :notworthy:
- Meeting James, in Belgium, in Antwerp, addicted to Belgian beer. It really was so good to have you over here.
- Getting Claire to learn some alien expressions :lol:
- Getting Jürgen to want to learn to speak Dutch :D
- The piano bar: I'll never forget about that :lol:
- The Molly Bloom's: Nor will I ever forget about that one :lol:
And many, many more.

Are you coming over again next weekend? ;D

Best company imaginable :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
therealsamdevos
Road Kill

Thanx to all of you for coming over
it was lovely meeting you all

you guys gave our birthday that very special edge...
thanx from the bottom of my heart
and thanx for the nice comments about the gig...

c ya
take care

BTW: if i throw a party, i throw it far away 8)

(thus explaining the how and why i couldn't join you all on sunday...
i went to bed at 18h00 and only woke up at about 3 at night...)

(yes ARF you caught me being very unsober :oops: )
greets

samdevos
christophe
Overbomber

therealsamdevos wrote:BTW: if i throw a party, i throw it far away 8)
I have to remember that one :D
you did a good job Sam, when is your next Birthday? ;D
Another Shade of You.
James Blast
Banned

I can only do it alphabetically-ish, as you all made the weekend so very special:
Andrew - my globe trotting fellow Weegie and Big friend, as always you were fantastic company. She's in Panties... :innocent: :notworthy: x 25,000
Christophe - we finally met and your were an even toppermost bloke than I expected. Thank you so much for driving a car full of drunk then hungover loonies about. :notworthy: x 25,000
Claire - the porcelain goddess, we had a great time and got that bit closer, I hope you felt that too. You're great company and keep us regailed with 'posh burd' tales :lol: :notworthy: x 25,000
Debs - 'She walks in beauty like the night' you know what I feel about you honey. :notworthy: x 25,000. Jos, at last I got a chance to talk to you, another star. I think you made the right choice there babe. :D :notworthy: x 25,000
IZ - you made me cry in public, Ya Baisturt! This weekend would not have happened without you and the sounds you make. :notworthy: x 25,000. Kaat, so glad to meet the power behind the throne and thanks for making us all feel part of it.
Jürgen - what a warm and friendly guy you are, so good to meet you in the flesh. (also available in comatose and semi comatose models, witty remarks only on the semi model) :notworthy: x 25,000
Koen - we chatted all too briefly but got on like a house on fire and at last you have those DVDs! :notworthy: x 25,000
Liesbeth - now you are one very special lady and Joery's a top man, indeed. I'm so glad you were there to contribute to the 'effect'. :notworthy: x 25,000 x 2 (one for each of you) :D
Nils - this man needs to be turned up Iz :notworthy: x 25,000
Raf - above and beyond. What this man did for us this weekend is carved in stone. I have a found the brother I knew existed but never met. He's also rather handy with the odd guitar/keyboard/computer/Teasmaid/cushions that fart/The Lord of the Rings, ye ken. Sorry I went off on one there :wink: :notworthy: x 25,000
Sam - you are amazing - FACT! This man is a star in every conceivable form, thank you. :notworthy: x 25,000
Zed - my wee big brother who sends me so many goodies. You're another one who knows what I feel about. One helluva guy! :notworthy: x 25,000

The gig itself has actually nudged Type O Negative from my top spot! :eek:
It really was stunning, moving, awesome and about another ten adjectives. These guys are very very excellent and I'm not just saying that because they're part of the crew here. If they play a gig near you, break a leg, rob a post office, mug yer Granny, but just get there. :notworthy: x 25,000

Friday night was the most bizarre night of my 48 and a bit years on this planet. Again I really don't know where to start: The bar on the square, THAT Piano Bar :eek: or our final destination - Mr. :roll: behind the bar of that mental 'Irish' pub. Intense!!! :notworthy: x 25,000

Thank you, everyone of you. :notworthy: x 25,000
Last edited by James Blast on 26 Feb 2007, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
libby
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

It was indeed so stunning meeting all of you lovely people :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy:

Each and every one of you gave a special add to this wonderful weekend.

Many special moments were mentioned above and it's clear they'll be kept in our minds forever!

Thanks to the outstanding Mc Heartland crew (Andrew, Claire and James), Jurgen, Debs and Jos for coming over and being the best company we could possibly imagine :notworthy:

Thanks Izzy and Sam for the music! Emotions have been touched! Great! :notworthy:

Not to forget my Antverpian buddies of course :notworthy:

And Raf it was absolutely 'unforgettable' in the piano bar!

Andrew, we had a though but amusing time ordering those drinks at the bar. That bar tender really freaked us out, but we kept our calm, didn't we? 8)

And Zeno 'Ik wil deze nacht in de stroate verdwoale'
I think we need some more practise on those dancing steps :lol:

A nice quote from the song we danced on in the Irish pub
'Laat ons dan samen de wereld verteren,
met klinkende glazen vol Franse wijn
Zingt mee met de mensen dat hebben ze geire
En laat deze nacht nooit ten einde zijn!'

Start to exercise this, Claire :D

Means something like
'Let us digest the world together
with tinkling glasses full of French wine (or Duvel as you wish)
Sing along with the people, they like it a lot
And let this night never come to an end :notworthy: '

Famous words from the Antwerp singer Wannes Van De Velde!

There is so much to remember! Hopefully we can all meet again soon! :kiss:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

libby wrote:And Zeno 'Ik wil deze nacht in de stroate verdwoale'
I think we need some more practise on those dancing steps :lol:

A nice quote from the song we danced on in the Irish pub
'Laat ons dan samen de wereld verteren,
met klinkende glazen vol Franse wijn
Zingt mee met de mensen dat hebben ze geire
En laat deze nacht nooit ten einde zijn!'
We really do need some exercise, genau :lol:

Only now it strikes me how much we were living up to Wannes' lyrics :notworthy:

I'll be having this weekend in my body for weeks, nay months to come :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr