Wayne on the Sisters.....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
playboy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Drsisters wrote:they was on telly before 1998 as well.. Andrew got interviewed by the Swedish channel Z tv around the release of A Slight Case Of Overbombing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfs_EAUMc7c
yes, I mentioned that.

cheers
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Being645 wrote:
playboy wrote: for m*****n, it's of course always been fine: they wanted to be seen as nothing but a goth band ...
Just as a point of order, Wayne almost as much as Eldo has always protested at being labelled a goth, saying that he never subscribed to the goth lifestyle and always regarded The Mission as a rock band. Whether or not you believe him, they never "wanted to be seen as nothing but a goth band".
Being645
Intellectual Love God

stufarq wrote:
Being645 wrote:
playboy wrote: for m*****n, it's of course always been fine: they wanted to be seen as nothing but a goth band ...
Just as a point of order, Wayne almost as much as Eldo has always protested at being labelled a goth, saying that he never subscribed to the goth lifestyle and always regarded The Mission as a rock band. Whether or not you believe him, they never "wanted to be seen as nothing but a goth band".
That surprises me, TBH ... :wink: ... thanks for the information ...
TragicSerenades
Road Kill

Just a little thought of Wayne:
Top 3 songs on FALAA:
Amphetamine Logic
Some kind of stranger
Falaa
certainly not Wayne`s songs.....
Best piece of vinyl ever done by the sisters:
The reptile house e.p
certainly no Wayne there either....
playboy

stufarq wrote:
Being645 wrote:
I never wrote the above. It came from Sabine.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

playboy wrote:
stufarq wrote:
Being645 wrote: for m*****n, it's of course always been fine: they wanted to be seen as nothing but a goth band ...
Ah, you're back, playboy ... ;D :lol: ... so, I've corrected the order for you. And, btw, my answer to stufarq had been:
Being645 wrote:That surprises me, TBH ... Wink ... thanks for the information ...

But I have now thought of that interview of Wayne's with Vive Le Rock:
Wayne Hussy wrote:We never really considered ourselves Goth. But we never went out of our way to deny being part of it either. Goth has long been a dirty word ... I don't subscribe to that lifestyle. Personally I don't think of myself as Goth. I never really have. I guess the band have been perceived that way largely, but again I never really thought of us as being Goth. I don't know why we've been adopted particularly by that set of people, but I'm thankful for it because they've been very loyal ...
That interview ends with the remarkable note:
Perhaps Goth is no longer a dirty word ... well, I wonder ... :lol: ...
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

playboy wrote:
stufarq wrote:
Being645 wrote: Just as a point of order, Wayne almost as much as Eldo has always protested at being labelled a goth, saying that he never subscribed to the goth lifestyle and always regarded The Mission as a rock band. Whether or not you believe him, they never "wanted to be seen as nothing but a goth band".
Sorry. as you can see, I didn't edit the quotes properly. It does have Sabine at the top but I screwed that up and missed editing you out altogether. :oops:
TragicSerenades
Road Kill

oh! almost forgot...the best song from the
Wayne era is "on the wire" written by Eldo himself.
No Wayne there either....
playboy

stufarq wrote:
playboy wrote:
stufarq wrote: I never wrote the above. It came from Sabine.
Sorry. as you can see, I didn't edit the quotes properly. It does have Sabine at the top but I screwed that up and missed editing you out altogether. :oops:
No problems at all.
Have a nice day!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

TragicSerenades wrote:oh! almost forgot...the best song from the
:D :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
playboy

Such a shame of Eldo to play three songs live nowadays with Wayne involved as a writer. Would be much better if he skipped No Time To Cry, A Rock And A Hard Place and Marian....
Being645
Intellectual Love God

playboy wrote:
Such a shame of Eldo to play three songs live nowadays with Wayne involved as a writer. Would be much better if he skipped No Time To Cry, A Rock And A Hard Place and Marian....
Oh, come on ... no need to exaggerate ... :wink: ...
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

playboy wrote:
>implying Hussey made all the hard work, composed and write these songs, and von was just 'helping'.
Intellectual Love Gods like Von, just don't need a 'who help me with this tune' criteria to choose setlists.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
playboy

Being645 wrote:
playboy wrote:
I know. Couldn´t help it. Thought it was really low though to constantly write about which songs Wayne didn´t wrote. I meen, we all love Sisters, those comments are really, really silly and belong in kindergarten.
Everybody seems to love Benn Gunn though he didn´t wrote a single song.

I was under the impression that this was a serious forum.
playboy

Husek wrote:
playboy wrote:
>implying Hussey made all the hard work, composed and write these songs, and von was just 'helping'.
Intellectual Love Gods like Von, just don't need a 'who help me with this tune' criteria to choose setlists.
No. Just another way of saying: who cares who wrote what songs? leave it.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

playboy wrote:
Husek wrote:
playboy wrote: Such a shame of Eldo to play three songs live nowadays with Wayne involved as a writer. Would be much better if he skipped No Time To Cry, A Rock And A Hard Place and Marian....
No. Just another way of saying: who cares who wrote what songs? leave it.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

:roll:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Being645 wrote:Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
:lol: you just blew my mind :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

playboy wrote: it was really low though to constantly write about which songs Wayne didn´t wrote. I meen, we all love Sisters.
I'm with you on this one, Playboy. As you will know from my previous posts, I'm no fan of Mr Hussey but NTTC and Marian are great choons and match :von: 's lyrics perfectly. AE has always been aware of his own limitations as a tunesmith, and most of the Girls' finest moments have been penned in collaboration with another band member. Although On The Wire has always been a personal favourite of mine, from a songwriting point of view it always had a slightly unfinished feel, and ended up as a B side loved only by the hardcore fans.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

playboy wrote:
Being645 wrote:
playboy wrote: Such a shame of Eldo to play three songs live nowadays with Wayne involved as a writer. Would be much better if he skipped No Time To Cry, A Rock And A Hard Place and Marian....
I know. Couldn´t help it. Thought it was really low though to constantly write about which songs Wayne didn´t wrote. I meen, we all love Sisters, those comments are really, really silly and belong in kindergarten.
Everybody seems to love Benn Gunn though he didn´t wrote a single song.

I was under the impression that this was a serious forum.
OK, sorry, I had missed this post ... :oops: ... after all this long discussion about what Von were
without Wayne and more such stuff, I got into some - also slightly exaggerated - counterstrike mode myself ... :wink: ...
playboy

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
playboy wrote: it was really low though to constantly write about which songs Wayne didn´t wrote. I meen, we all love Sisters.
I'm with you on this one, Playboy. As you will know from my previous posts, I'm no fan of Mr Hussey but NTTC and Marian are great choons and match :von: 's lyrics perfectly. AE has always been aware of his own limitations as a tunesmith, and most of the Girls' finest moments have been penned in collaboration with another band member. Although On The Wire has always been a personal favourite of mine, from a songwriting point of view it always had a slightly unfinished feel, and ended up as a B side loved only by the hardcore fans.
I also think that On The Wire is one of the finest songs. I think all this is a questin of when (and how) you discovered the band. It seems like most of those who is talking down only got to knew about Sisters after the split, during or after the Vision Thing era.
I discovered them when Wayne was in the band, remember when the album was released and loved it (still do). Saw them live and they blew my mind. So, I find it really hard to understand all this negative band written about him here. By Sisters fans! In some way, it does not make sense. First And Last And Always was the bands leap into something bigger than anybody could have imagined. A band, still touring 21 years after their latest release.

What Wayne did after Sisters is another thing. Another band. Got nothing to do with Sisters. Belongs in a different forum.
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

playboy wrote:leap into something bigger than anybody could have imagined. A band, still touring 21 years after their latest release.
Yeh, that's a great achievement, I agree. :innocent:
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Aazhyd wrote:
playboy wrote:leap into something bigger than anybody could have imagined. A band, still touring 21 years after their latest release.
... ;D ;D ;D ... and imagine what could have been, if there had not been such a lot of mess in their way ...

For some of these things it's too late, and surely quite to the contentment of a few people...

But hell, The Sisters of Mercy are still there and therefore, nothing is lost ... ;D ...
playboy

Being645 wrote:
Aazhyd wrote:
... ;D ;D ;D ... and imagine what could have been, if there had not been such a lot of mess in their way ...

For some of these things it's too late, and surely quite to the contentment of a few people...

But hell, The Sisters of Mercy are still there and therefore, nothing is lost ... ;D ...
Yes, imagine what it be like if they had not stopped releasing records.. Maybe we would have like 12 albums....mmmmm..... such a shame, that would be so nice.

Have a nice day
Being645
Intellectual Love God

playboy wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Aazhyd wrote: Yeh, that's a great achievement, I agree. :innocent:

Yes, imagine what it be like if they had not stopped releasing records.. Maybe we would have like 12 albums....mmmmm..... such a shame, that would be so nice.

Have a nice day
Yes, an incredible shame. But there is no point in mourning over spilt milk (or whatever happened) ...

Thanks for you good wishes, though ... ;D ... it is a lovely and sunny day over here, not even all that cold ... ;D ...