"While we're waiting for the next one to arrive!"

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Izzy, I will send you my final, final Will I Dream.

Still working on my Crash & Burn. Hopefully have a complete version by late next week.

Cheers,
Brad
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Methedrome wrote:Izzy, I will send you my final, final Will I Dream.

Still working on my Crash & Burn. Hopefully have a complete version by late next week.

Cheers,
Brad
Ok cool! All people that wish to send me FINAL versions of songs, ready to be 'mastered', use YouSendIt preferably and send the linky to 'forgreatergood at telenet dot be'...

Thankee! ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Heartless
Amphetamine Filth

On a different sidenote, can anyone recommend me a good audio recording/mixing software? I tried to do the vocals for "Slept" but it doesn't really go well with only Cool Edit at hand.
No shade of anything can make a good summer over here.
Syberberg

Heartless wrote:On a different sidenote, can anyone recommend me a good audio recording/mixing software? I tried to do the vocals for "Slept" but it doesn't really go well with only Cool Edit at hand.
That's a toughie as it tends to come down to personal perference. FWIW, I use Cakewalk's SONAR.

Your best bet, I think, would be to get some demos of what's out there and see which one you like the most. The principals are all the same, but the work-flow and FX/plug-ins etc vary a lot. The main reason I like SONAR is because I got a 30-day demo, tried it and liked it. It was a bit of a step up from the old (and very, very reliable) Voyetra Digital Orchestrator Plus, the only drawback was the lack of built-in FX, so I used it in conjunction with Cool Edit. I do all the drums and keyboard stuff in Reason (HUGELY versatile).

Hope that helps.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Heartless
Amphetamine Filth

Yeah, it should. Thanks :)
No shade of anything can make a good summer over here.
FMAMMY
Road Kill

Hello again!

first of all i have to say i'm so sorry! :oops: my rockband were supposed to start recording our new demo last november or something but we haven't started yet... as i wrote here before a nice little start of recording our demo would be the song "Slept".

so just to inform you i've started a little project on the side of the rockband and the first song to work with is of course "Slept"

just to show you this time my words are more action i will give you a link to a first try of the song. in the end all the instruments might be recorded again, who knows. but i'm finally started to work with this damn song!! :twisted:

it's still instrumental. i have to find a good microphones and stuff first.

so i give you, a work in progress by Lefty Drake & The Mellow Side Winos version of The Sisters of Mercy-song: Slept! tada! :D

http://www.tobiasforsner.com/download_c ... os_-_Slept

//T
robertzombie
Overbomber

Sounds great!!! ;D
therealsamdevos
Road Kill

Heartless wrote:On a different sidenote, can anyone recommend me a good audio recording/mixing software? I tried to do the vocals for "Slept" but it doesn't really go well with only Cool Edit at hand.
FWIW: my preferred DAW's are Nuendo, Cubase SX or 4 and Ableton Live
these all have audio, midi, vst, fx, build in instruments etc... an really great audio-engines...
(especially Live is my main workhorse at the moment, it has realy sweet timestretching capabilities and loads of stuff on offer but i still use Neundo to get all the final mixing stuff done and to mix it down...)

Cool edit is more of a wav-editor type thingy not a true seqeuncer/DAW
for those kind of tasks i use Soundforge and or Wavelab...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_au ... AW_systems
all the info plus free DAW's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_audio_software
other free audio stuff

and do check out http://www.kvraudio.com/ for loads of free vst goodies
(okay some are crap and some are excellent but this depends a lot on what you're looking for
greets

samdevos
mh
Above the Chemist

Might I recommend some acoustic guitar on your version, FMAMMY?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
FMAMMY
Road Kill

mh: my girlfriend said the same thing! haha :D so acoustic guitar will appear some time
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

Oi. I'd love to have a stab at vocals for Crash & Burn or Summer. Any chance of anyone giving me an instrumental mix of one of the two to do a Karaoke Thing over?
[repeat x40]
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

George?! :eek:

I believe hell may be freezing over... :wink:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

Why so, miss E?

I've always been partial to the odd bit of horrid warbling. You remember my 'Tainted Chicken,' no doubt...
[repeat x40]
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Oh, not *that*, dear George (I fully recall "Tainted Chicken", heeheehee! :lol:). I meant, you're *here*! Posting, no less! And *I'm* here, too (posting, even!) after an extended (and largely inexcusable) absence.

Shiver me timbers! ;D :notworthy:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

I've been waiting for THIS one to arrive long enough to tackle another song (I just might, now the ARF recording sessions are over). Where the hell are you people? More importantly, where are your songs? This is still a good idea; don't let it die a slow death!
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I have no songs to send *yet* (been playing about with Reason, but the suckage is endless, and I have an electric bass, but I can't play it :() - but I *can* sort of sing...
mh
Above the Chemist

Indeed. :notworthy:

We have far too many Summers and Crash and Burns also - lets see some of the others showing their faces.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Funnily enough we're currently playing around with Come Together but I think that's already been taken.
Syberberg

mh wrote: We have far too many Summers and Crash and Burns also - lets see some of the others showing their faces.
Agreed.
Ahráyeph wrote:Where the hell are you people? More importantly, where are your songs? This is still a good idea; don't let it die a slow death!
Agreed.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
aims
Overbomber

Feel free to have a go.

First come, first served ;)
James Blast
Banned

I've done my bit :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

robertzombie wrote:Funnily enough we're currently playing around with Come Together but I think that's already been taken.
No harm in having another one, especially as it seems to be one of the least popular of the "new" songs.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I will repeat then:

The files I have for the mo:

Completely finished, mastered an'all:

The Mumbles - Crash and Burn
Syberberg - Crash and Burn
Mish - Snubnose
ARF - Summer

Partial songs that need guest musicians or additional tweaking:

Nonesuch - Slept (only needs vocals, it is a stonking version BTW!)
Brad Salyn - Will I dream (I guess a new vocal version was being made, I can be wrong tho, there's vocals on it already)
Anonymous - Still (rough demo) (Can't remember who did this one :blush:, it also needs vocals)
Tbilisi89 (ormdfmrush) - Summer (needs mastering from my part, song is finished)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Tbilisi89 (ormdfmrush) - Summer (needs mastering from my part, song is finished)
umm...
how much bit and Hz do you need from me?
and i'll share the track
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

I'll have a bash at vocals on Slept & Still if you like.
[repeat x40]