Belgian HL Invasion!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
TourGuider
Road Kill

Hi Guys and girlies.

After a 72 hour party trip, now i feel worst than when i started but got to meet some awesome people and still have some good memories ? :urff:

At first i want to thank the "Belgium friends" for having us over at there place to carry on the party , and wHAT A PARTY THAT WAS...... for more details please keep a eye out for "MB's" post. she is more into the details....

And also my thank too all the other European friends. See you all soon.

The full Gig footage is being worked on. Sam and IZZY are now fighting with some mobilephone footage... ( i hope :D )

here a small impression. please note "all names are changed to protect the innocent" If you are under-aged , i hereby nicely ask you to F**k off.

Under the tunes of some band called , uh ....... The Sisters of Mercy "Temple of Love" ....................

Have fun. Dancing Fools

View My Video
more to come ......

TG
libby
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Great video! Thanks Jos :notworthy:

Feeling the vibes again 8)
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

The disadvantages of certain colours :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
libby

Obviousman wrote:The disadvantages of certain colours :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :lol: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

Feckin' Goths and some mad bloke in orange who was obviously oot o'his heid, man! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I felt the 'effect' all over again Jos :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

BTW - the sun shone brightly and long today inna Glesga area, Righteous! ;D :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:eek: Jos got to post before me! Right, now my story as I remember it from the Belgian HL invasion….*bear with me*

We got lost looking for the fooking “Moevement� not once, nor twice, but three times…*blush*. Anyhoo on arrival met up with a very nervous FGG ~ “we’re playing for our friends so the pressure is intense� were words spoken…IZ it was worth it :notworthy: , it was a quick organizing of where footage would be taped and a huge howzit to the nervous Sam that runs around in a frenzy, although I’m getting used to it by now :wink: with gorgeous Kris who helps with sound-check….if it wasn’t for Kris!!! As all sounded good and everyone needed to eat before the gig, TG and I were dropped off by the FGG camp as IZ had left already, at the centre of Lier to meet up with our fellow HL crew for a delightful conference meal. It was such a warm welcome between friends with hugs and kisses and meeting of, for us someone new Ju*with "on top*rgen, who is delightful!

After a rush to get back to the venue, some had a change and did a make-up fix-up, people started arriving and the FGG crowd was around welcoming all. It was then that some photos were made and at last James (my star in life), Andrew (my good good friend) and again someone new in real life.. HL RAF which was such a pleasure to meet arrived! Raf, our conversation was such a heart warming experience, we have so much in common and what a good guy, even if you think I drive like a dutchman! *giggles* I knew the party would start soon as it would get emotional…
Koen arrived after one heavy day but we got you in the party mood right?!

It was then that the gig was about to start and we gathered around to take our places. Mr. Blast’s place was secure and security was around. Then FGG arrived on stage and the mind-blowing experience began…it was loud, it was soul-talking breathtaking and it moved some of us to tears and so much support, the vibes were felt within that venue like a magic moment in a dream! FGG ~ you proved on stage what you are all about and we were there to feel that and thank you all so much for a wonderful performance, where HL was in your hearts and felt between our people!!! You lucky Lier have the most amazing superstars within FGG and your women are just as special and amazing ~ Kaat and Kris without you ladies, the stress would be insane ~ so my shout-out to very special friends! :notworthy:
The whole gig was caught on footage that will be first sent to the FGG camp but I’m sure will go as a divine vine within these walls, all to be rounded off by the end of this week! *grins*

The after gig effect was HUGE!!! People had been blown away and much smoking *evil grin* was needed as was, knowing how much had been drunk, and I will add that except for all the Bob’s the rest of us were PISHED and on the road to destroying….HAHAHA! :notworthy: :innocent:
Food was needed again, for some and believe me people of HL, our dear boudicca does definately eat, as I saw her consume two meals before my eyes and those that were too fooking tired to destroy had a nap hahaha, don’t blame you though as you needed that second wind for later….:wink:

After a desperate text from IZ as the party was dying, the HL crew arrived back at the party totally prepared for the invasion that was then definate. Three of our ladies (including myself although I’m not really a lady) were on the dance floor between the boys who were insanely busy dancing between us and it was non-stop dancing for us except for a quick sip of "re-fuel juice" and I’m sure there was champagne going around even on the dancefloor!
*please note that at this time I’m totally pished and high all together but still remember*…

….HL owned that dance floor and we did indeed invade in the nicest possible way and our Belgium friends were just as amazing. No where have I felt more at home or more at ease with the people around me and the absolute of having you all within touching distance. :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy:

There were tears of course, but tears of immense enjoyment, the hugs and kisses between very good friends and the conversations of personal issues that we shared freely betweeen each other. It was all over too soon when we all had to go separate ways but I want to thank each and everyone of you, those that travelled from far and those that entertained us like no other…no where in the world will you find a community as loving as myheartland, so thanks to QB for our haven and to you lot for making this everything it is. :notworthy: :notworthy:

Now for the photos I took of the memories that we will all hang onto…

clicky for piccies

I love you guys, even if I have to say in a gay way, but I do. You feed my soul and are all such special people to me. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

MB *with love* :kiss: 8)
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
eotunun
Overbomber

There is shadow under this red rock
TourGuider
Road Kill

You are all welcome... :D

some more...Dancing again :lol:

sorry i'm so fascinated by my woman

no, i dont mean Zeno! :lol:

Have some photos to follow...

TG
James Blast
Banned

You guys really are the best! :D

just say ARF or Genau! ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

OK where to start... Thanks to everyone for making this such a stunning weekend - even the person who misinformed me about the severity of a Duvel hangover :twisted:
FGG - thanks for a great gig. First time I've ever heard you and I was dead impressed to say the least :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: And Izzy - I hope your back survived the aftershow dancing!
Arf - I'm very very grateful to you for taking so much time and effort to make sure our stay and travel went as smoothly as possible :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: And thanks so much for putting me up for the weekend as well. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
James and Claire - my MacHeartland comrades-in-arms. As always, it was great spending with you both :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: I think we managed to live up to the MacHeartland reputation!

My personal favourite moments were:

That Irish bar in Antwerp - the barman had no idea what he was doing and didn't seem to understand Dutch, let alone English. I've never seen so many wrong drinks poured in a single round :lol: Still, it did make for pleasantly cheap rounds and unlike the snotty Piano Bar, they did at least have cider. Just a pity about the choice of music - Sean South isn't really my idea of nice Irish music :roll: Good to hear Billy Connolly though, and the Jerry Lee poster will soon have prid of place in my hall.

Food. Lots of it. Everywhere. The best being the chicken soup in Lier and the spaghetti bolognaise from Raf's local Frietkot (sp?)

James and Izzy finally getting to meet. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

The gig. Stunning band and great crowd :notworthy: Blast heckling? Never!

Pre/aftershow fun. Lots of great people to talk to and crazy dancing to Body Electric - line dancing gone horribly wrong but a hell of a lot of fun. :lol: Given the huge difference in our heights, I'm still not sure how on earth Zeno and I were able to link shoulders and still stand up let alone take a run at the stage.

Fun in the backseat of Jos & Debs' car :innocent: Thanks for sharing :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

It was great to meet new faces and catch up with those I already knew. I'm still too Duvelled out and just too plain lazy to give indivdual mentions but everyone appears to have had just as much fun as I did and it was great to see you all. Lets do it again some time!
Last edited by Andrew S on 27 Feb 2007, 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Sounds like a top time was had by all. :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Ain't HL great! Aren't the vast majority of folk who inhabit it great!

Looking forward to audio / video weeds of the gig, it sounds as stonking as they come. Shame the logistics would presumably knacker any chance of booking FGG for the annual July bash in Leeds, I guess the rest of us simply have to get our asses over to the mainland for the next one. 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks for the reviews, pics and videos. Nice to read and watch! :notworthy:

Good you all had a great time... :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
boudicca
Sister Midnight

The turist has just woken up.
I just had this dream that I was in Belgium… :urff: :lol:

I don’t think I need to say how much you lot all mean to me, but you really are such special people :notworthy:. I have to say I can’t remember the last time I felt so at home and was made so welkom, anywhere. Now I could be a crawly bum-lick for pages and pages, but I’ll try to keep this as brief as poss.

Uncle Jam-es – You have helped make Heartland the kind of community it is – that is to say a real group of friends, not a bunch of faceless internet “personalities�. That’s what makes this place special, and you have always understood that. You really care and that’s why we care back.
Still wrong about Swans though :innocent: :P

Raf went above and beyond the call of duty all weekend in helping us around and showing us how to live it up inna Flanders stijl! He’s truly True :twisted:
What a witty, thoughtful, not to mention talented guy… Feels like you’ve been around here for years, and I hope you are 8)

Zeno… must be one of the most utterly genuine, good-natured people on the planet (what planet I’m not sure, but it has a bright orange atmosphere and bangin’ choons :lol: ). A real ray of sunshine through the clouds and rain that the McHeartlanders brought with us - once again you brought so much life to the party. Thank you so much for t’ guided tour of t’Stad too, you well and truly sold the place.

Debs – You know they can’t stop us when we get together babes! FEAR the power of both barrels of the HL Bird Blunderbuss. You blaze bright as always, and that Girly Chat was really the stuff :notworthy: . Lovely to see Jos again too… but please please please please don’t let that footage of the JH De Moeve toilets get out! Your lady wife and I must be allowed to plot in secret, mwuhaha…! :twisted: ;D

Andrew provided moments of divine madness – I will never hear Bauhausmusik again thanks to your tinkering with the lyrics! I didn’t get the chance to buy you a Magners cider this time, but you know I did in spirit… :wink:

Delighted to finally meet Iz for the first time after all this time, just as groovy as his posts led me to believe and the gig was stunning! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Sam was quite a star as well. The meeting between the Belgian Boss and his fanboy/long lost Daddy brought tears to a roomful of glass eyes and black hearts.

Jurgen – so glad you did make it after all that kerfuffle – it was great to finally see you my dear friend. And fab to see you enjoying yourself, Duvel-trouble notwithstanding :innocent: . You concede defeat… accept it even… but I hope you vill be back! :wink:

Koen – 8) Easy now mon! Glad you managed to make it and bang those drums with me.

Great to meet Libby and Joery for the first time too – such warm people - special thank you to Libby for Friday night, that really was much appreciated :oops: :D

And last but by no means least a huge thanks to Christophe (and his Wee Mum, a true force of nature! :notworthy: ) for giving me shelter so I didn’t fade away… and being Chauffeur as well as hotelier. It was really lovely to spend time with you and yes, it’s just a shame we didn’t have more. Still, it will not be long until the next time, and I am indeed hearing the call of t’ Stad 8)

Those of you who I’ve ranted at incessantly over these past few days know, I absolutely adored Flanders, and would love a dual McHeartlander/Heertlaander citizenship. If youse’ll have me, of course! :oops: :innocent:

Photies will be forthcoming, but a lot of them are rather dark, being as they are of a bunch of black clad not-goths lurking around in shadowy clubs and bars, so I will have to take them up first...

Now let’s brace ourselves for... Part II – Het Empire Strijkes Back…
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Andrew S wrote:
James and Izzy finally getting to meet. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Man... :cry: that was SUCH a Lassie Comes Home moment!
Lots of great people to talk to and crazy dancing to Body Electric - line dancing gone horribly wrong but a hell of a lot of fun. :lol: Given the huge difference in our heights, I'm still not sure how on earth Zeno and I were able to link shoulders and still stand up let alone take a run at the stage.
I completely forgot that! :lol: Yes, it is an old tradition from in my 'younger' years to begin a wannabe-punk-morris dance when utterly pished (destroy) and since I did NOT seem able to get pished AT ALL, I started it anyway ;) Or wasn't it Vision starting it, as usual? :twisted:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Izzy HaveMercy

boudicca wrote:Still, it will not be long until the next time, and I am indeed hearing the call of t’ Stad 8)

Those of you who I’ve ranted at incessantly over these past few days know, I absolutely adored Flanders, and would love a dual McHeartlander/Heertlaander citizenship. If youse’ll have me, of course! :oops: :innocent:
We noticed your affinity for our language as well! ;D

You speak the lingo very well already, as per taught by us; and as said, you have quite a lot of fanbase here!

PS: still know what 'dikke tette' means? :innocent: :twisted:

IZ.
christophe
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:PS: still know what 'dikke tette' means? :innocent: :twisted:

IZ.
Iz :eek: how could you.
learning her that kind of language.

:lol:
Another Shade of You.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: PS: still know what 'dikke tette' means? :innocent: :twisted:
:lol: I do.
In theory, if I don't have first-hand experience of them myself... :innocent: :oops:
Last edited by boudicca on 27 Feb 2007, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

As if 'Veur moa ne Cola' is any better... ;D
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Like my sig? :innocent:
libby

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Andrew S wrote:
Lots of great people to talk to and crazy dancing to Body Electric - line dancing gone horribly wrong but a hell of a lot of fun. :lol: Given the huge difference in our heights, I'm still not sure how on earth Zeno and I were able to link shoulders and still stand up let alone take a run at the stage.
I completely forgot that! :lol: Yes, it is an old tradition from in my 'younger' years to begin a wannabe-punk-morris dance when utterly pished (destroy) and since I did NOT seem able to get pished AT ALL, I started it anyway ;) Or wasn't it Vision starting it, as usual? :twisted:

IZ.
That was great fun indeed!
Has it been filmed, Jos?
Must be funny to see that again :lol:
libby

boudicca wrote:Like my sig? :innocent:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Niej, ik vind a gat echt nie te dik in deze rok
Last edited by libby on 27 Feb 2007, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
James Blast
Banned

<------ still basking in the afterglow :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ace!
Izzy HaveMercy

christophe wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:PS: still know what 'dikke tette' means? :innocent: :twisted:

IZ.
Iz :eek: how could you.
learning her that kind of language.

:lol:
If you guys are allowed to teach her some foul and ugly language like 'veur maa ne Cola', I can as well teach her the finer parts of the female anatomy in Dutch, now there! :twisted:

And Claire! Like the sig indeedly! :notworthy:

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

libby wrote:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Niej, ik vind a gat echt nie te dik in deze rok
Teeeeeuuhh diiiiik teuuuuh diiiikkkkk!!!! ;D

IZ.